It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors and Law-Breakers: The Only Solution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
There comes a time when civility towards our governing elite no longer has any effect...are we at that point now and ,if so, how do we proceed?

Not sure if anyone here is familiar with Larkin Rose, but he gave this speech in front of the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia this past July 4th...

I think his words bear repeating here...Please read the link in its entirety before commenting...

You're Not the Boss of Me

This July 4th, like every year, millions of Americans are celebrating Independence Day with various parades, picnics, fireworks, and so on. But how many of those people celebrating have ever actually considered what the Declaration was actually about, and what the colonists actually did? The colonists did not merely beg the king to change his ways. In fact, the Declaration explains how they had tried that, to no avail. Instead, the colonists were doing something far more drastic.

In short, they committed treason. They broke the law. They disobeyed their government. They were traitors, criminals and tax cheats. The Boston Tea Party was not merely a tax protest, but open lawlessness. Furthermore, truth be told, some of the colonists were even cop-killers. At Lexington, when King George's "law enforcers" told the colonists to lay down their guns, the colonists responded with, "No, you're not the boss of us!" (Well, that was the meaning, if not the exact verbiage.) And so we had "The Shot Heard 'Round the World," widely regarded as the beginning of the American Revolution.

Edited for clarity...

[edit on 9-7-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
are you asking if we have reached the point where civilization has ended?...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

No, of course not...

The point is that our founding fathers were once considered traitors and law-breakers...

Is there any willing to repeat their actions to restore liberty??

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
are you asking if we have reached the point where civilization has ended?...

I see what you're saying....that was poorly worded by me and edited for clarification...thanks

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
alright, no problem. i dont think there would be enough people aware of what was happening, then even fewer willing to do anything about it. just my opinion though.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
No. Nowhere close.. it will take at least 2 more elections of being lied to, manipulated, taken advantage of etc...

Or will it?

It's estimated the instigators of the Revolution only measured roughly 3% of the total population...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think we are indeed near that time once again.

Once again our government ignores it's people and instead does it's absolute best to stomp us out in everyway possible. They've made it clear "we want money and power, and we don't care what you think about it."

We tried to be civil, but all our cries for justice go unanswered. Maybe it really is time for the Second Revolution? Dang...martial law here we come.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Yeah no one cares.

The day the television goes silent and the post office doesn't deliver welfare checks is the day that all hell breaks loose. And even then it might take a week or two.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It's one solution but it's a fair tale solution and if you ever read the treaty of Paris you would understand that all the colonialists did was end up being incorprated through England into the Holy Roman Empire and told they could either have King George act in his primary cappacity of Prince Elector of the Holy Roman Empire and gaurdian of it's treasury to as Prince Elector of the new United States and guardian of it's treasury to either elect a King for America by American's choosing or for them to go the only other approved route by setting up a Roman styled Republic in America to keep with Roman tradition.

The long and the short of it is when our three man delegation got to Paris by way of the Netherlands and the Court of the High Mightyness of the Netherlands, and Spain and the Court of Madrid both Courts of the Holy Roman Empire, to end up at the Court of Versailles where King George was also King of France under the Holy Roman Empire the French were rebelling against to the Court of Versailles which was an other Court of the Holy Roman Empire they simply said...you beat our armies 'this time' but you still owe all these land owners, and contract holders, and creditors bukoo dolalrs, how are you violent dead beats going to pay, because guess what we can raise another army, and another army, and another army, until our investments our secure and creditors securely contracted with to be paid back.

The revolution never died in the History Books but it died in Paris as King George dictated exactly what America would be given including a need to produce a constitution that honored all foreign property owners and debts...

What did the partiots win a franchise in the Holy Roman system of corporate government and the opportunity to rapidly grow by agreeing to be a siphon for all of Europes unhappy types who the only thing they won in America was the opportunity to fight in it's many wars and expeditions very often in the very same places they were trying to flee.

Yep Kool Aide it's been a popular drink a lot longer than before Jones Town!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I agree that we probably really didn't gain much from it the first time, but we did gain a Constitution that was 'supposed' to respect the rights any normal person should already have, by right of being sentient.

The fact that our 'government' does it's best to strip us of it, and blatantly ignore it, is well documented already. Should we just become robots then? Willing slaves of perfect obedience? No, if that was the case we 'would' be robots, but we're human, so we need to enforce our freedoms.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks for that lively.. detailed.. albeit incredibly incorrect version of history.. I think ..

Genus

It was perfect up until the Civil War, that was when the Constitution was disregarded for the sake of Federal Rule. States Rights ever since then have been in continuous decline, as have personal rights.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Interesting Proto, but something makes me seriously doubt that 'ol Ben would've gone along with that plan, with what I've read about his humiliation by King George....

This speech just rings true to me and.....well, it gets me FIRED UP...

I'm WELL past the point of worrying who or what is listening to my public proclamations concerning our current government...I suppose I'm on the list to go to the FEMA camp, but you know what? SO BE IT....I'm going to do everything within my power to make a positive difference....NOT for a flag, or even a country, but for my children and grandchildren and great grandchildren and so on...

So many people I talk to these days are completely chicken-s@#% when it comes to speaking their mind in public...

*Note to the federal authority who is assigned to monitor all liberty loving "terrorists".......good luck

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I wholeheartedly agree, it was wonderful while it lasted huh.
But having said that, we acknowledge that it's gone correct? Well, if someone where to ask me, i'd tell them that the answer is simple. They took our freedom, so what are you willing to do to get it back?

I'm willing to fight, and die if need be, to restore the rights of the people again and destroy the stranglehold the corrupt have placed on us. It won't be pretty, but the alternative is getting worse by the day it seems.

top topics

join