Microsoft CEO: Computers Will Figure You Out

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
One of the things I love about this technological, information-age...it seems as though it is just exponentially growing!

In the next 10 years, computers as flexible as a sheet of paper will replace notepads and newspapers, while others will be able to intuit what you're trying to find online, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said Friday to a group of Charlotte technology workers.

He said a big part of the future of computing is in determining users' intent. For example, he said it's simple to ask his assistant to get him ready to visit Charlotte. But on a computer, it involves opening up his calendar, visiting several Web sites, printing out tickets, and so on. The two will become more similar, Ballmer said.

When you type the word “Chicago” into a search engine, it will be able to determine whether you meant the city, the band or the musical based on your Internet history.

Another part of the future is the development of a more natural interface. Users will be able to speak to, touch and gesture at their computers even more.
www.charlotteobserver.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm ready and looking forward to it. Ten years ago I was sitting in front of this huge monitor with a 15 inch screen. I had no idea that ten years later I'd have a 22 inch screen less than an inch thick. Ten years ago I had no idea what the internet would be like today, and I must say I like it.

I can't wait to see what the next ten years brings.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I'm ready and looking forward to it. Ten years ago I was sitting in front of this huge monitor with a 15 inch screen. I had no idea that ten years later I'd have a 22 inch screen less than an inch thick. Ten years ago I had no idea what the internet would be like today, and I must say I like it.

I can't wait to see what the next ten years brings.

I couldn't agree more! Do you remember the days when a computer that had 150GB was considering a ton and cost a lot too?

Phew! Not any more.

I just hope the new technology is used responsibly and ethically though.

join