It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple claim capture of 17th century spirits on camera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Couple claim capture of 17th century spirits on camera

www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk

The couple believe the photograph they took at the stately home shows the ghostly figure of Elizabeth, Duchess of Lauderdale, and her beloved spaniel - former residents of the property who many visitors over the years claim to have seen wandering the halls centuries after their deaths.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Seems to me to be another photo anomaly but I thought that I would post this to get others input on it. I often see whe nsearchingfor this type of thing the same type of picture, either a dark mass or a light smudge. The only conclusion that I can come to is that I can't come to a conclusion. This of course further expands the dabate between both sides of the ghost question. One side saying "see its a ghost, can't you see it is trying to manifest?" and the other saying, "ah, your cameras busted."

What do you think this picture is and what do you think is the best picture of a ghost?

PICTURE LINK:
www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk...

www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think the first paragraph in the article sums it up nicely.

" Or is it just a snapshot taken by the unstable hands of an amateur photographer? "

It mentions a floating figure and a dog underneath it? I am having trouble seeing either of those thing in that photo. I possibly see lens flare from all the light and light reflection in the photo but no figures of anything.
Sorry just cant see it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I agree... I think that it amazing that the Guardian posted this to their site. Part of why I thought it was worth putting on ATS was to make a point about the quality of evidence that is being presented these days. I think that there is a downside to all of the ghost hunters shows that are so popular these days, they will buy anything.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You may well have a point, although it does not take much for UK publications to run with quite anything, its just my opinion but this is very poor journalism. I mean i could understand if there was a bug on the lens or a something that looked like, well looked liked anything but in this case it just seems like shaky hand syndrome, its captured the reflection on the left hand wall and moved it.
That is at least what i am seeing, if i am missing the Duchess of Lauderdale and her dog and not looking in the right spot id love to be able to see it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
comment by repeat banned member removed by admin.

[edit on Thu, Jul 9th 2009 by Djarums]

new topics

top topics

join