It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA is on ATS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about really.

Anyone with a valid email address can join ATS free of charge.

Anyone who is interested in the topics covered here can join ATS.

Can that include people who are employed by the CIA or whatever other agency you can name? Sure, why not.

And as long as they abide by the same rules each and every one of us abides by, they are welcome to stay.

If a fellow member asks you for information about yourself and you do not feel comfortable giving it to them, then don't. If it's something we do not allow (like personal information) alert a staff member and it will be dealt with. We have very clear rules about information gathering, recruiting, and that sort of thing and we do not hesitate to take action when those rules are violated.

I don't think this is something that people should worry about. Are there people who browse our site that work for the intelligence community? Sure there are. Why wouldn't there be? We talk about many topics that interest people in that industry. Considering our size and our areas of focus it would be pretty odd if they didn't browse ATS.

That being said, I don't see it as a problem. As noted by many people above, ATS is hardly a place where people post their life stories. Those concerned about their privacy should probably not be posting every minute detail of their lives on facebook twitter and myspace. It probably doesn't make much sense to be concerned about exchanging ideas on ATS when everything down to the side dish you had with dinner last night is posting on facebook along with a photojournal of the last 10 years of your life.

Your web presence is what you make it. I've felt free to voice my opinion here for more than six and a half years now. I've proudly criticized decisions made by the government of my country and other countries as well, as it is my right to do so.

Honestly, as long as you abide by the very simple T&C's of our site there's nothing to worry about. What you share is up to you, but I think some folks are putting a little too much thought into this.

Relax, breathe in and out slowly and post.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TornMind

My post was meant to tell you that people have a difference of opinion. I have been foed many times for my political views. I feel my views are right, others feel they are wrong. They have foed me based on their interpretation of the posts I have made. It is their right as a member to foe me.

You would have to ask the people that foed me the reasons they did. Me personally I don't care. My skin is a little thicker than that.

If you wished you could foe me for whatever reason you so wished. Heck you might foe me cause you don't like my avatar. In the end it doesn't matter.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I have also wondered why those types of threads weren't moved to BTS, but I'm not incredibly concerned about it. Some ATS posters don't post in BTS and wouldn't see the thread if it were posted there and perhaps the original poster of such threads is more interested in ATS posters.

As for the CIA on ATS... of course they are. I think it's probably wise to watch what you say anywhere on the internet. I never encourage or advocate violence, because I do not want to be the cause of anyone getting hurt.

All conspiracy theorists should be hippies on the internet, imho.

Let's show the CIA some love.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by leira7

Ok, and I say this in the nicest way, me thinks it's time for you to get out of the basement and play with live people.

Nothing wrong with a little more lighthearted topics every now and then, especially if they are relevant to ATS forums. And it seems to me at least, that how one portrays themselves on the interwebs, see d-ego, is rather appropriate to the Psychology forum.

Not much more to it than that imho ...

However, I am curious to know what you think has ever been divulged in either of the threads you mentioned that you think would be of interest to us ...

You know what your problem is?

You forget that you're posting on the internet. You have no idea who is behind the name, what their intentions are, and what they plan to do with the information they obtain. I think you are the one that needs to go outside for awhile. Can you say gullible, seems like you have some followers, the same goes for them.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by 3Rotary]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 3Rotary

What on earth are you talking about?

What name and information?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 3Rotary

Most of us don't forget that we are posting on the internet and the fact is the owners of the site haven't forgotten that either.

Please do not post your own personal information. You should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit here can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit, and may remove it at our discretion.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I have no doubt that the CIA check ATS & plenty of other online sources for evidence of political dissidents. Myself, I've been harassed by individual states for online activity & I'm not even American!
But they can only afford so many people, so whilst they no doubt would like to have analysts reading every word, they use software bots to crawl for key words & phrases.
I dunno if anyone else has suggested this, but an answer would be to overwhelm their capacity to investigate. Add sentences to our posts containing stuff like:
RC servo & fulminate of mercury; 3V bulb igniter & maroon; ammonium nitrate; potassium percolate; hexamine & nitrating agent; arm switch; alibi; bulk nails; etc.
They must be already overwhelmed with revolution; ammunition; etc.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 3Rotary

You know what your problem is? You forget that you're posting on the internet. You have no idea who is behind the name, what their intentions are, and what they plan to do with the information they obtain. I think you are the one that needs to go outside for awhile. Can you say gullible, seems like you have some followers, the same goes for them.

What are you worried about? No one has given any names on the internet?

Other than the same info u have posted...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Eagle to base. I repeat, Eagle to base. Our position has been compromised. All agents pull out. All agents pull out. ATS ident: LEIRA has compromised our position. I repeat ATS ident: Leira has compromised our position.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by astrij

Eagle to base. I repeat, Eagle to base. Our position has been compromised. All agents pull out. All agents pull out. ATS ident: LEIRA has compromised our position. I repeat ATS ident: Leira has compromised our position.

I am sorry citizen but the computer has isolated your individual IP addresses and cross correlated them with known and unknown intelligence agency ISP servers. ATS InSec troops are already converging on your position. Please stand with your hands on the yellow circles and prepare for processing.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
There have been some recent threads posted on ATS asking members to share information about their Avatars and Usernames. The problem with this is that these threads are irrelevant and therefore should not be featured on "Abovetopsecret".

Thank you for featuring my thread here on your paranoid delusion! Last I checked though, you were not charged with what is or is not relevant here on ATS. These threads appear on the 'Psychology, Philosophy & Metaphysics' forum, which is exactly the appropriate place for such threads! I suppose you feel that forum is irrelevant, but many of us do not.

I do not know why any member on here would want to waste time trying to figure out why another member chose their profile name or avatar when there is more serious issues to discuss. What troubles me the most is that the forum moderators have allowed these threads to leak through and even show up on the top page. Why? Is ATS in on it? Are they aware that the government wants to know about the personal lives of ATS members?

I do not know why anyone would waste their time with any of your paranoid delusions! Let's look at some of the 'quality' threads you have authored: "Satan: Savior of Humankind?", "Zombies in the end times? A new twist on the Rapture" and "What's an Almechoid? **Quality Video of Space Creature**"! Oh yeah, that's quality material! Someone comes up with a silly little thread to take the edge of the usual seriousness of this site, and you have to start WWIII over it! I suppose you feel that members who like to post on BTS (ever heard of it?) are wasting their time as well! If the CIA wanted to monitor the members here, they would not need to pose as a member, they would just have to lurk about and read what we normally post. They would also not waste their time with the 'Psychology, Philosophy & Metaphysics' forum, they would be on the political forums or the 9/11 forums. Had you even bothered to view my profile before you came up with your ridiculous theory, you would see that I primarily post on the 'Psychology, Philosophy & Metaphysics' forum or religious and spirituality forums, which would be the last place you'd find the CIA!

The warning I heed to all ATS members is this: Be careful what you say.

You should take your own advice!

S&F if you agree

Obvious begging for points! Pathetic! I'm going to have your phone tapped and your e-mail flagged first thing in the morning! Your cell does have GPS tracking, does it not? Hopefully the Director will OK the expense of 24 hour surveilence on you house!

That should have you going for awhile!

As to the rest of you who have flagged and starred the living crap out of this BS thread, loosen up your tin-foil hats! The author of this thread is doing exactly what they want, getting us paranoid of EACH OTHER!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
On orders from the bureau chief...this thread will self destruct in 5 seconds

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I'm going to have your phone tapped and your e-mail flagged first thing in the morning! Your cell does have GPS tracking, does it not? Hopefully the Director will OK the expense of 24 hour surveilence on you house!

I am sorry citizen your requisition for surveillance has been: DENIED

Please meet with Director: deleted for security reasons in office: deleted for security reasons for reassignment to: deleted for security reasons

Thank you for your cooperation. Your security clearance has now been demoted to: deleted for security reasons

[edit on 7/10/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
There might be an alleged CIA member on ATS - but he is old and relatively ineffectual.

I wouldn't worry about him. It is those young whippersnappers from the NSA and Mossad that get my goat. Not to mention those AirForce CounterBloggers...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
What about the new legislation being "Supposedly" pushed through by congress that all protesters be "labeled" terrorists??? the minute you type certain "trigger" words from your IP adress a file is created...technology can either hinder or improve society....whats next?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Hi, I'm a new member of ATS but I've been reading this forum for quite a few years. And I keep seeing some of the same false information. That the CIA is doing something on or against a US based website. Whether it is data mining, disinfo, or any of the other purposed "shadowy" things that the CIA does.

Now I'm not saying that someone who works for the CIA might actually read this and other forums, and quite possibly laughs at a lot of what is said about them. But I am saying that without a doubt the CIA as an Intelligence Agency for the United States Government is NOT repeat NOT using this or other forums for data mining or for any other nefarious means. Reason, the CIA is NOT aloud to work on or against ANY US person or US corporation. If you don’t believe me check out the CIA charter and mission statement, the CIA is an intelligence agency used against foreign peoples and corporations. And for the people who want the facts and sources for my information please feel free to look up EO-12333, that is the executive order for intelligence gathering by any US force, i.e. CIA, NSA, military. The only way an Intelligence Agency can collect against a US person is to get permission by the US Attorney General in writing.

Now with all that being said about the CIA, if you want to be afraid of some government agency hacking into your ISP or websites or anything else for that matter. Be afraid of either the FBI or the NSA both has the ability and permission to work within and against the US population.

link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

There might be an alleged CIA member on ATS - but he is old and relatively ineffectual.

The company never classifies its resources as old and ineffectual.

I wouldn't worry about him. It is those young whippersnappers from the NSA and Mossad that get my goat. Not to mention those AirForce CounterBloggers...

I wouldn't worry about them either. They are HPD&MC agents under my direction and as such follow my orders.

The proceeding is classified security clearance ultraviolet all agents of security clearance violet or below are to disregard the preceding statement and act as if it has never occurred.

link   
Well I hope you're all happy, this whole nonsense has made me change my avy accordingly.

Anyhoot, here's an idea ...

Let's come up with a couple of original conspiracy theories that we're not just copy/pasting from other sources and see what happens.

Till that bridge is crossed, rest assured no agency gives a doorknob about what any of us thinks.

And not for nothing, if like myself you happen to live in the states, it's the FBI that would be looking us up and not the CIA. At least let's get that one right.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The security agencies and Goverments acrross the world KNOW that people are starting to become aware of the lies and deciet that was told to them ,and there is nothing they can do to stop THE TRUTH from being told.UFO sightings are being televised across the globe and more and more people are starting to ask "What have we NOT been told? "

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I'm sorry schrodingers dog however you have failed to report your change of avatar using the appropriate form 555-AVT Avatar Change Request Form.

Please submit the appropriate forms in order to request a change of Avatar including a completed and approved 2212/HHK Form Request Form

Thank you for your cooperation.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join