It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA is on ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
What boggles my mind is that the avatar question has been asked before on BTS with 5 pages, yet the new one is far more popular with around 24 pages? Isn't that a bit, I don't know, odd?

There's no doubt in my mind that the CIA, FBI, and other government agencies are on ATS. It would be foolish if they weren't. The problem is that, no matter how obvious it may be, you can never point any of them out or even question them since it counts as a personal attack. Most of the time, this is a great thing so that innocent users don't get accused of being a disinfo agent, but at the same time, disinfo agents can take advantage of it.

The people on this site who are truly interested in conspiracies and knowing the truth will never be fooled by them. I just feel sorry for those who are.

I've been called a skeptic and disinfo agent on this site. I just ignore anyone who makes such claims towards anyone. It's all an attack on character as you say, and isn't really a good way of dealing with such. If they post false things, it's much better to just debunk what they say. Even if you pointed out a disinfo agent and were right, what are they going to do when you don't do it?

As for the threads, BTS is the ATS trashcan. How much exposure a topic gets, and in what light is all based on the mods.

That doesn't mean that it's done on purpose, or that it's even what is wanted etc. Not trying to determine motive or accuse anyone. But that is how it ends up being.

The true main cause is due to the traffic and attention of the users. If BTS got as much attention from users, then it wouldn't be the case. So that is a pretty good defense as far as bias/motive goes for ATS.

The 2 threads pretty much shows that. The one that stayed on ATS simply got more attention and promotion. When a thread is on BTS, it doesn't get very much attention. BTS is where threads go to die. No joke, I've seen threads get alot of attention on ATS, and soon as it's moved to BTS it doesn't get anymore replies.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

What if you are keeping a list somehow of those who "S & F" if they agree? Just saying.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I think your reaching....... If you want S&F, come up with a real post.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
So it's your opinion that my thread wasn't worthy of being on ATS and that we have much more important topics to discuss.

Are any of these threads you started the more important topics you were speaking of?

* Top Ten Wackiest Conspiracy Theories
* Satan: Savior of Humankind?
* Zombies in the end times? A new twist on the Rapture
* The Dogs are Acting Strange Today

Yeah, I can see where all of ATS felt those were much more important topics judging by the reply's you received.

Oh and about the CIA thing. Your right, there are CIA agents crawling all over ATS but they're only looking for self obsessed, narcissistic little peons that can be easily turned into zombies by the savior of human kind.

Get real!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Whats the problem? they are allowed to be here...hell, it would be nice to have a offical CIA rep on here that can give their side of things in some threads...and Air Force, NASA, Police, etc...

Are opposing (the opposing) views not welcome in a conspiracy website? how ironic would that be.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It's a good thing I haven't started a thread I thought about starting asking people "Who do you think you are?" I thought it would be a nice way to get to know the people behind the avatar since we all spend a considerable amount of time with each other and it is very easy to misunderstand someone when all you do is know what they type.

I might still do it but then you'd think I'm a CIA agent or something which couldn't be farther from the truth.

The CIA doesn't need to know why we chose the avatars we do. All they need to do is read our post to know if we're "enemies of the state" or other such nonsense.

I don't think you should fault people for wanting to get to know others on this site.

I'd be more worried about the trolls and disinfo agents. Also of those who have been ridiculing the heck out of people that talk about alternative belief systems, theories and such. This is what ATS is here for yet others are trying to turn it into a place where people who think such things are belittled.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer

So it's your opinion that my thread wasn't worthy of being on ATS and that we have much more important topics to discuss.

Are any of these threads you started the more important topics you were speaking of?

* Top Ten Wackiest Conspiracy Theories
* Satan: Savior of Humankind?
* Zombies in the end times? A new twist on the Rapture
* The Dogs are Acting Strange Today

Yeah, I can see where all of ATS felt those were much more important topics judging by the reply's you received.

Oh and about the CIA thing. Your right, there are CIA agents crawling all over ATS but they're only looking for self obsessed, narcissistic little peons that can be easily turned into zombies by the savior of human kind.

Get real!

Look, I am sorry I even made the post now. I was not trying to attack anyone with what I said, but I can see that it came off that way and I honestly do apologize for that. I am sorry for indirectly accusing members on ATS of being CIA agents. I did not intend to hurt anyones feelings by what I said, nor did I seek to single anyone out.

As far as my threads listed above in the quote by Sundancer, yeah those threads suck, I will be the first to admit that. But I have also come up with some good ones and have been applauded twice in the past by Moderators.

I'm not trying to paint myself as holier than though, so please do not misinterpret what I say. I have released some telling info about myself online too (even on this website). I still don't think it's smart, but I can't take it away now.

Everyone is entitled to do whatever they want and I am not trying to stop anyone from doing that. I just wish some people would be a little gentle when they are expressing their point of view.

This is actually the first and only forum I have ever posted on. I love ATS and do not plan on discontinuing my involvement with this site. I hope you all do not consider me to be an enemy or a snob. You guys are the only people I can talk to when it comes to this stuff.

Sorry again if I hurt anyone...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! Many posts are censored, I see stories disappear frequently.

Thank you for recognizing this, I was wondering it anyone would ever say anything.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
And the CIA has what to do with asking about someone's avatar or name? I think this post shouldn't be allowed on ATS. Clearly irrelevant and holds no warrant or connection to what you claim.

Why are people flagging this post again?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I am all For Freedom and "Eliminating" the enemies of it, but if the agencies that are meant to to just that are crawling around sites such as this, the 1st amendment rights are at stake, if the government continues to do this then we the people are being oppressed and have the right to take up arms and eliminate the oppressive government.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by 5seawarrior5]

link   
I don't think CIA cares about us. If i was a CIA agent I would be focusing on people like Alex Jones or Ron Paul.

link   
reply to post by leira7

You're a standup guy.

No disrespect was intended on your part and that's good enough for most of us.

Broken eggs, omelette, and all that.

[edit on 9 Jul 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Why does everyone blame the CIA? Sure they have the DST / DIF but the NSA usually does the geeky stuff. Come on guys get your OGA's right.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by nastalgik]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The CIA and/or the Mossad don't care about ATS.
Seriously ya'll ... nothing that is discussed here is anything that they care about.

We get these kind of threads every few weeks.
I guess we are due for another one.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by leira7

You're a standup guy.

I'm actually a lady but you wouldn't guess by my avatar. Leira is my name spelled backwards. It's ironic that the same person who advised people not to give out information is the same one who is doing it. I have been known to retract my statements and that is partially what I am doing right now.

I can see how it would be fun for members to know more about one another.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

wrd...i will be waiting to bad my ip bounces off 15 different sat... lol what kind of beer do you like ? I will buy you one for your service....cheers

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5seawarrior5
I am all For Freedom and "Eliminating" the enemies of it, but if the agencies that are meant to to just that are crawling around sites such as this, the 1st amendment rights are at stake, if the government continues to do this then we the people are being oppressed and have the right to take up arms and eliminate the oppressive government.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by 5seawarrior5]

Agencies like the CIA moniter websites like this so that if some idiot decides to make plans on a violent action...oh, say...reptilians are working at the local walmart, lets get guns and shoot em tomorrow...thats when they become concerned.

Never underestimate the power of a group of paranoids with weapons.

As far as 1A., show me where it says the government cannot read? Oppressed? dont you think your overreacting a lil bit?

Tell you what, you rise up and overthrow the government that has the nerve to read on the innerweb here and let us know how that goes.

btw, yes...mindsets like yours = dangerous...consider what you said...take up arms and overthrow a government because they are reading and/or responding on a website...murder because people read...

shesh...some people seriously need therapy.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
this makes alot of sense because all the important threads seem to be buried deeper and deeper with a whole lot of nonsense in all actuality.

I thought below top secret was for all that other stuff anyway!!!??!

Stars4u

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Because the CIA and other intelligence services have nothing better to do than worry about what an anonymous username person has as an avatar.
Use logic and common sense, you will find it trumps conspiracy theories 9 times out of 10.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join