It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA is on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Not at all man.
What i am saying is the daily habits we have like facebook and such is what already tells me to not worry...they are already watching us and have been for quite a while.
I don't disagree with you but why rip ats a new butthole???
Theres alot of other things on the net alot more harmful then ats.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Well, 'organizing' is against the T&C no matter how worthy the cause. And from what I have seen the staff does a very good job at nipping it in the bud.

The most a three letter agency can gleam from coming to ATS is a general 'pulse' or 'feel' for prevailing conspiracy theories and group think. There's really nothing of a nefarious enough nature to peek their interest. From what I understand, the couple of times someone has gotten out of hand with some comments so as to brink on illegality, ATS has moved swiftly to ban them and assist the relevant authorities.

Listen, we all like to think that we and our thoughts are terribly important and groundbreaking, speaking for myself, I can safely say that me and mine aren't.

Almost nine thousand posts in, my pictures plastered throughout the site, my personal information readily available for anyone with enough time and effort to uncover or ask me, and I live next door to them.
If they come a knockin' I'll let you guys know and then you can start to worry.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Oh damn so I probably shouldn't say I have invented an anti-gravity device (cough)Hoverboard(cough)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I actually do agree with you. Not everyone is on ATS but there are millions of people on Facebook. however, people on face book would not be so quickly labeled "Extremists" like we would. So they have to keep an eye on us too.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I operate under the assumption that the alphabet-soup guys almost certainly know who I am, and probably know who all of us are, or can find out easily enough.

I think 99% of the time they have much more important issues to worry about and bigger fish to fry than us, though. The Russians, the Chinese, the Japanese, relentlessly repressing second-and-third world countries, etc etc.

Remember too that the intelligence community aren't all bad guys. I think a lot of them have been coming around to the Patriot side in recent years. All us activists wouldn't be able to do a lot of the stuff we do if they hadn't

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
One of the bigger threats you will have to worry about in the future is not the "letter agencies" starting to watch you.. but your fellow posters as well.

After all... neighbors are being told "it's patriotic" to inform on questionable activities now.

All it would take is a well written email by a disgruntled member to activate a watch order in this day and time.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

How about youtube and all the videos you have ever watched?My opinion is every keystroke is recorded...why even worry anymore?
If you don't want to be watched then have no computer and no social insurance number and go off the grid....thats the only way to not be watched.Yet still you could be watched if tptb needed or wanted to the way technology is these days.
We don't have all the technology...they do.
To say ats is any worse then any other place isn't right for the services this site offers us.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by DrumsRfun]

CX

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I can't believe theres yet another thread about the CIA being on ATS.

If they are here, i bet they are getting as bored of it as the members are.

Why on earth would the CIA give a rats ass why i chose an avatar or a username?

It's threads like this that give us the paranoia label that so many like to use.

CX.

link   

Originally posted by badmediaWhat? It doesn't require a Drivers License to get an ISP and I have never had to provide any such things ever. If what you said were true, then I wouldn't be able to post this message, because I haven't had a Drivers License in about 10 years, and it's not because I can't get one, I just don't need it.

Thanks to the Patriot Act, a Valid form of Photo Identification is required to receive Internet, Phone or Cellular Service. Either a current, non-expired Passport, Driver's License, State Identification, or Military ID is required. The bigger boys (the Telcos & Cablecos) actually take that one step further and require your SSN as well when signing up for service.

Smaller Mom & Pop ISPs may ignore this requirement at their own peril, but the Telcos & Cablecos certainly do not shirk it for any reason. No ID, no Service.

So, unless you got your Broadband Internet Connection prior to 9/11 or you had your cousin Eddie hook you up to your neighbor's unencrypted Wi-Fi Router, then you had to cough up Identification as per the Patriot Act that connects your not-so-dynamically assigned IP Address and the MAC Address of your Router that is authorized to generate traffic on it is linked to DMV/StateDept/DoD/Social Security Databases with whomever signed up and payed for Internet Services (be it your mother or father, your wife, or whoever was present when the Installer came out).

Of course, many Public Libraries have gotten around this as a show of protest by using your Library Card as your requisite Identification to logon to a public Internet Terminal...and then putting next to no requirements on what it takes to get a Library Card in whatever name you choose (my Library knows me fondly as "Tom Jones" with a wink and nod in my direction every time they say my name...totally meant to be confused with the singer whom I look nothing like and can't stand in the least).

link   
reply to post by leira7

post by gallifreyan medic

Posted a reply to you on another thread but will post it here as well,as it is relevant.

Question is,how do we know you are not the CIA?

Trying to keep people of off the friendly and normal interaction type of thread. Wanting us to be divided as can be the case in the other threads that you speak of.

Nice way of covering your own but wouldn't you say saying what you are saying.

Of course you are not,you are just a youngster who maybe getting a little to paranoid over things. Yes there are things which with common sense we can all see,but chill a little.

Go out and live as youngsters should and leave us oldies to worry for you. Before you miss out on being young.

[edit on 9/7/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by leira7

How about youtube and all the videos you have ever watched?My opinion is every keystroke is recorded...why even worry anymore?
If you don't want to be watched then have no computer and no social insurance number and go off the grid....thats the only way to not be watched.Yet still you could be watched if tptb needed or wanted to the way technology is these days.
We don't have all the technology...they do.
To say ats is any worse then any other place isn't right for the services this sight offers us.

I did not mean to bite the hand that feeds me. I honestly do enjoy ATS and since I've visited the site, my life has changed dramatically. But with that said, I know that ATS is not a "Big Brother Proof" website.

You guys are correct, if they want to watch us they can and there is nothing we can do about it, but does that make it right?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

I am not the CIA and I will not disclose anything further. Maybe I am too paranoid, maybe I am not.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

While I believe your point is a somewhat relevant one, maybe using the wrong evidence but still relevant I think it would probably be better if you used the "Alert!" function on those threads. I highly doubt the CIA would need to create a thread, but who knows.... Also IMHO I think that some people still fail to realize ATS is a social interaction board, even though the majority of topics are 'alternative' or 'fringe' (love that show btw,lol) one must still expect somewhat off-topic posts and threads as this is simply a very massive ongoing party so to say,lol...

Again, I think your postulate is warranted and maybe true but the evidence you presented likely has nothing to do with it. I mean even if ATS was completely controlled by the CIA (not saying it is nor do I think it is) what are we going to do about it? Apparently information still gets out so they are doing a poor job. For example, a recent thread of mine(on a UFO incident) was picked up recently by a newspaper, with ATS being sourced-so if the CIA is running the site they are doing a poor job,lol. I honestly hope the staff does not move this thread, nor do I think they will because this site is legit, but does probably have some type of government infiltrations, but would you expect anything less? Good postulate but your not quite on base yet IMO.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

I am not the CIA and I will not disclose anything further

Typical CIA response.

Seriously leira, could you give us an example of a post on ATS that you think would be of interest to our acronymed friends?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by leira7

While I believe your point is a somewhat relevant one, maybe using the wrong evidence but still relevant...this site is legit, but does probably have some type of government infiltrations, but would you expect anything less? Good postulate but your not quite on base yet IMO.

Well you seem to think I am not that far fetched in my thinking, my question is: what type of evidence would put me on base?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

There are hundreds of thousands of posts, to ask me to search for a specific one would be too great of a task. I will say in general, that if the government is looking for you, any bit of info you put out there can and will be used against you mostlikely. Remember it's all about thought crimes now.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
My name is Emit Fitsume really, and my CIA Partner (username Peacejet) is really called Austen Milbarge.
We are here to gather all the vital information your avatars and user names provide, before the chinese and russians get it.....We classify it as vital Governement information in the War on Terror.

I have added our entry exam to become CIA operatives as proof of our work here.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I never heard of you..lol.. I need to see some credentials, or I may have to "terminate" you... or report you..lol
Thanks for being a sport.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
CIA doesn't need to profile here at all.

All they need to do is go to Facebook look at every quiz, IQ test, fun games, posts, surveys, etc.. that each person does over a year period and bingo.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You're pathetic, you think the government cares about any of us on here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join