It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA is on ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+141 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
There have been some recent threads posted on ATS asking members to share information about their Avatars and Usernames. The problem with this is that these threads are irrelevant and therefore should not be featured on "Abovetopsecret".

I do not know why any member on here would want to waste time trying to figure out why another member chose their profile name or avatar when there is more serious issues to discuss. What troubles me the most is that the forum moderators have allowed these threads to leak through and even show up on the top page. Why? Is ATS in on it? Are they aware that the government wants to know about the personal lives of ATS members?

The warning I heed to all ATS members is this: Be careful what you say.

S&F if you agree

Edit: Added link

[edit on 9-7-2009 by leira7]

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The Mossad too, apparently.

But what can we do about it?

+1

+34 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I'm CIA and I apologize for the widespread beliefs and wide spread psychological topics that you do not approve of. I don't approve of this thread, yet it is here. This should be in the complaint area, since you have a complaint and not really a conspiracy. So basically my point is that we all have different opinions and different topics of choice. Lets just accept what they post and let the mods do what they do.

Peace,
~Make Believe CIA

TheMythLives

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You do realize many people may stay away from this thread simply to avoid be lumped into this opinion that you have......

I would assume there are people working for the government on all types of sites including this one...

I feel though that if they are here, they have been here for a long time and it would not be the new threads that they could have started that is doing it.

Be careful and check who made those threads and see how they post on other threads and what other threads they are posting on....

It could just be that somebody really is curious about it...

Lets not jump to conclusions but I do thank you for the warning......We can never be too sure.....

If they are here I just hope they don't lump us all in with " The Crazies " because there are tons of very smart intelligent NORMAL people on here who just happen to be curious about things we may not learn from TV or Schooling....

I could be wrong but I assume there are members who will be afraid to post on here....

I am not because I am a good person and normal , just always been a bit curious to learn " other" knowledge that may not be widely available...

You have to admit......Threads on here are far more interesting than who Bret Michaels is kicking out of his house this week.....

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

If what you're suggesting is the extent of their profiling methods, than I could understand why 9/11 happened.

Most likely, the government would be cloning or taking over these sites if they weren't actually running them. Chances are, they already know enough about you to know if you're a threat using adware viruses or anti-virus and the alleged updates as-if are more about updating THEM about you.
Paranoia has it's way of pointing to the truth...sometimes.

+27 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Ok, and I say this in the nicest way, me thinks it's time for you to get out of the basement and play with live people.

Nothing wrong with a little more lighthearted topics every now and then, especially if they are relevant to ATS forums. And it seems to me at least, that how one portrays themselves on the interwebs, see d-ego, is rather appropriate to the Psychology forum.

Not much more to it than that imho ...

However, I am curious to know what you think has ever been divulged in either of the threads you mentioned that you think would be of interest to us ...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Although I do agree that the reason behind one's choice of User Names on ATS should either belong in the Introductions Section of ATS or in BTS, I hardly think that the presence of such a thread is indicative of CIA involvement.

I ask you this...How many Proxy Servers are you bouncing your connection through before posting "anonymously" on ATS? Are you using either SSH or SSL Connections all the way? What other precautions are you taking to cover your online tracks?

The reason I ask is that whatever you are doing to cover your tracks online before posting on ATS, it's not enough to hide your identity from a Government Agency that wants to know that information. If they have intercepted a packet being sent to ATS then they already have the originating IP Address, and have that linked to a Driver's License that you were required by Federal Law to provide to your ISP when signing up for service.

Although I don't discount the possibility of Disinfo Agents on ATS, the consideration that any Government Agents would be here to determine your identity is a foolishly ignorant one. My 12 year old could obtain that information with the right Packet Sniffers placed in the right location. TPTB have even better tools at their disposal to make it even easier. All of this is done without any cooperation by ATS. You can thank the providers of the Internet Backbone, like AT&T, Qwest, Time-Warner, Comcast, and Charter for that.

Anonymity on the Internet is a fallacy, at least as far as Government Agencies are concerned. Regular Law Enforcement and private individuals still need a Warrant signed by a Judge to get that information.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. Rather than worrying about what the people say or support, they are more interesting in the people telling them what their username and avatars say?

Seriously?

I'm not a rocket scientist, I don't play one on TV, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night. But if I was going to profile and get information about users from this site, those are the last things I would be paying attention too.

I personally don't give a crap if they read what I type. I realize I am putting what I say out in the public domain. If they have a problem with what I say, then that only means I should speak up more. If they don't have a problem with what I say, then I don't have anything to worry about. Either way, I'm just going to speak my mind. If they want to come after me, then I think what is said on these forums would be the least of worries.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well, I hate to break it to you. but people do not always tell the truth about themselves, and certainly not on the Internet. That handsome young man or beautiful young woman you think you are talking to may very well be a 68 year old male pig behind the keyboard... How do you think so many pedophiles find their victims through forums and chat room?

I think the CIA knows very well that anyone can lie about who or what they are online. I have stumbled across a shameless liar or two myself.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I see your point of view. I did not look at who posted the thread, it was just the initial thought that came to mind. However, this doesn't erase the possibility that the CIA could still use the information that users post whether the CIA is on ATS or not. So, I will stand by my advice to "Be careful what you say"

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
What they are doing is called data farming, the purpose irs to build a dosia on your over all activity, rebelousness, and outward demonstration of anti government sentiment, I have known this since I joined, I keep waiting for the recruiter, or cuff's and nothing as of yet. I wonder if they are going figure out who my granfather was and bring me in the the corporation. Here I am ready to join.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I agree with you that these thread shouldn't be on ATS, I think they belong in BTS.

But you have to admire the OP's of these threads, they are in point city, Arizona.

Personally I am already on lists have to deal with the upset that causes, so I don't really care what anyone thinks.

EDIT To add

I don't write anything on the internet I wouldn't be prepared to write on a postcard.

[edit on 9/7/2009 by lightchild]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by leira7

Ok, and I say this in the nicest way, me thinks it's time for you to get out of the basement and play with live people.

That was kinda harsh man, I just wanted people to think before they type. Just so you know, I am at work right now and I have a healthy social life.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by leira7]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

any intelligence gathering network with half a brain would come and glean the plethora of info discussed here.

they'd be idiots not to.

but who cares that they are?
like it really makes a difference to you?

unless you're a gun toting ammo-stockpiling ruby-ridger....
I don't think you've got much to give a flying flip about.

hell... be flattered they come here to read our daily blabber..and not britney spears forums ...(or do they... ::woo woo:: x-files music )

another thing... why all the hate on the CIA?
just because you only hear about the shady stuff doesn't mean you have all the data necessary to make a real concrete decision as to the absolute morality of the ultimate end-goal of their undertakings..

as I'm sure many of their low level minions are just as in the dark about it as most of you...

yet i'm sure they're given munchy nibblets of info/disinfo from their alpha dawks above them to keep their mouth shut/mentality straight../ eyes on the prize..

i highly doubt advanced human behavior control techniques stop at the door of the practitioners of said techniques... probably magnified for use in their own ranks.
mk-ultra for the inner-circles.

mmmmm monkey kidneylicious

-

[edit on 9-7-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
being sent to ATS then they already have the originating IP Address, and have that linked to a Driver's License that you were required by Federal Law to provide to your ISP when signing up for service.

What? It doesn't require a Drivers License to get an ISP and I have never had to provide any such things ever. If what you said were true, then I wouldn't be able to post this message, because I haven't had a Drivers License in about 10 years, and it's not because I can't get one, I just don't need it.

I live in the city, don't drive and I don't drink so I don't need one. The only place that's ever given me a hard time is Dave and Busters, which is stupid and I have to be accompanied by an adult over the age of 30 to go inside(which is funny and makes me laugh at them, because I'm over the age of 30).

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Are you serious??
Facebook is alot worse for info collecting.
Also,please don't say i am a disinfo agent for saying that.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I know buddy, so I'm sorry about that ...

But think about it, surely if CIA data miners are lurking around there's nothing in those specific threads you mentioned of any interest to them, right?

Or maybe I'm missing something but the argument isn't based on any real grasp of causality.

How do a couple of threads that seem misplaced due to their lack of seriousness lead you to believe that the CIA is on ATS?

Not saying they're not here, but surely that isn't the reason.

[edit on 9 Jul 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by leira7

Are you serious??

so you're saying that this place and all that is discussed here is on the bottom of the list of places to farm info.. and take a pulse of detailed public response/opinion?

-

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If you are on a watch list, and are being watched.. it does not matter what you say here.

You will be recorded from that little cam sitting above your monitor on your laptop, the mic in your machine.. not too mention the keystroke logger that you will never be able to find.

Yeah, that does sound paranoid.. but if you think the technology to make all those things happen does not exist, you are living in a fairy tale land.

Go about you life the way you always would have.

Fear is the way they keep you silent. They can't silence everyone.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by leira7

I know buddy, so I'm sorry about that ...

But think about it, surely if CIA data miners are lurking around there's nothing in those specific threads you mentioned of any interest to them, right?

Maybe not yet, but what if we decided to organize another tea party or a protest? What then? what if we collectively decide to make our best effort to "Wake people up". What if that is what they are waiting for. Any bit of information may help, you never know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join