It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
close this topic please mods

[edit on 10-7-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Yeh ya know, same old stuff really. A couple of strange looking things but most of it just looked like rocks, and lots of them. Shadows, weird angles, your mind can really wonder when you stare long enough at any random pattern.

What I didn't get though was voice over guy saying at the beginning that the moon is hollow and more or less like a spacecraft, then proceeds to shows tons of pictures of supposed mining areas?

Why are they mining something that is artificial?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

What I didn't get though was voice over guy saying at the beginning that the moon is hollow and more or less like a spacecraft, then proceeds to shows tons of pictures of supposed mining areas?

Why are they mining something that is artificial?

Great point.. LMAO!

To the OP:
Wow video of rocks and craters on the moon, that is really unexpected and Earth shattering info that you have shared with us. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I dont know. I was done with school years ago. Is that where you learned that there were rocks and craters on the moon and that they are anolmilies? If you passed science class they should fire your teacher.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Well I would believe that there is Alien life on the moon if you could provide proof of something other than rocks and craters, which I would expect to see on the moon.

However, I got me an edumacation and I also learned street smarts and common sense, so I know not to believe everything somebody says.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Good thing you do not feel a need to convince me of anything, because you didnt. Have you studied the moon. I mean really studied what REAL scientists have to say. First of all, if you did you would realize that it is impossible for the moon to be hollow.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Wow so you cant handle the truth so you choose to ignore it. That explains a lot about your position regarding the moon.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The mining is probably mostly Helium-3, possibly to be used to fuel a fusion reactor to power the ship. Also metals and other essential elements could be mined to help survive a long journey. If everything you needed was already in the asteroid you decide to hollow out it would make it so you wouldn't need everything at once as you could continue getting things you need as you travel.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mars007

1. It would take forever to mine the moon until the total thing was hollow.
2. If you made it hollow it would collapse.
3. If you made it hollow it would shift its gravitational attraction between the Earth and Moon since it would now have a fraction of its original mass.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

1 Depends on what % is hollowed out.
2 We didn't hollow it out, it was hollowed out before it was in our orbit so the orbit it has would reflect on it current mass, if it was hollowed out while in orbit than I agree the orbit would become unstable.
3 Forever is exaggerated, the moon is 5.5 billion years old, should be long enough.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mars007

1 Depends on what % is hollowed out.
2 We didn't hollow it out, it was hollowed out before it was in our orbit so the orbit it has would reflect on it current mass, if it was hollowed out while in orbit than I agree the orbit would become unstable.
3 Forever is exaggerated, the moon is 5.5 billion years old, should be long enough.

1. Guess you got a point there.
2. So they drove it up and parked it next to Earth?
3. Well I guess that could be enough time.

What would really be the point of dragging the moon to orbit the earth or to hollow it out by mining it?

Who mines something from the inside out. Woudnt you just dig your way down in a massive strip mine?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mars007

...it was hollowed out before it was in our orbit so the orbit it has would reflect on it current mass...

Logical inconsistency, fallacious reasoning.

Unsupported in any way by observation and measurements.

Study the diameter of Luna, compare to Mars. Venus. Mercury. Terra.

The five largest rocky bodies ( and no Stallone jokes!!
) in the inner Solar System.

Compare their relative masses, versus their diameters. AND think about it!!!

[edit on 9 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

The idea is not that they mined to the middle but "hollowed" it.
All of the alleged moon mines are on craters, witch would make strip mining and finding ores easier.
Perhaps there was a molten core like Earth and they drained it somehow, perhaps by forcing volcanic activity than you are basically draining it. Then mine the surface for materials and fuel for the ship and survival.
I am not sold on this theory myself but I think it's possible, but I do believe we are probably mining some of those mines ourselves.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mars007

Well how are we mining the mines on the moon ourselves now if it is hollow? And if the moon was hollow wouldnt one of those giant meteors that created the craters just shatter it?

[edit on 9-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

1 Helium-3 is found in the moon dust all over the surface.
2 The hollowed out area doesn't have to be very big of an area, 1% in the middle should be plenty.
3 The other 99% of the moon would protect the ship in the middle from meteor collisions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join