It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Soldiers in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Dear ATS's,

I would like to start a discussion at to whether or not the British should even be in Afganistan!

I am A soldier in the British Army am I think that Afghanistan is being used as a live firing training execise!

Our government tells us our national security is at threat if we don't deal with the threat of Afghanistan but I do not believe for one minute that this is the case!

The UK was bombed systematically for years by the IRA and the USA did not once step in to help! In fact in some circles there are tales that the USA funded the IRA!!!

IRA or not the Taliban have such a small fingerprint on the UK that there can be no serious argument as to why our soldiers are there!

The new world terroist have fabricated 1! yes 1! succesful terror campaign in the UK!

Please people remember, it is patriotic to support you troops in a cause that will serve you country but when it comes to a cause that means nothing then it is just as patriotic to scream that the troops should be brought home!

James X

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
90% of the world's Heroin comes from Afghanistan.

The British Empire fought China because of lowering the price of Opium due to flooding the market.

The Taliban cut down all the poppy fields saying they benefit no one within their own boarders.

Could this be the reason?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimmy1880

That's a really tough question to answer, surprisingly.

It all depends on why you think we're there to begin with.

If you think that we went to oust the Taliban and stabilise the country then we aren't done because the Taliban are making a comeback. So in this scenario we need to be there and finish the job.

Can this be done? No. It would be like killing %99 of bacteria on a kitchen surface, after you clean that %1 will multiply and come back. This is exactly what TPTB know and want. War is good. war=money, always has always will.

if you think we're there to secure a pipeline to the Caspian Basin Oil Reserve than we are NEVER going to leave there, we'll always be there. Perhaps once it's built the Taliban will sign a peace treaty thus ending the need for such a presence, but we'll still be there to guard the line.

If you think Afghanistan is about the War on Terror, well that's a load of bull too.

Either way, none of these scenarios deserve another drop of UK, US and Afghani blood being spilt. Having said that I will support our boys 'n' girls to the death.

Much respect to you my friend, I hope my views don't insult you, you sincerely have my support, as do all the armed forces, you don't choose who you fight, you just do what your told.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I guess our governements should give a '' credible'' raeson for what we are there for.

They Failled.

On a TV, a lady who had an afafir with our former foreign affairs minister, setted the record strait:

We are there because of the drug.

They cutted the discussion and then went for a 3 minutes commercial pause. Tehy came back on another topic.

It was : '' Tout le monde en parle'' broadcasted in Montreal. The Guess was Julie Couillard, and she was involved, among others, with Maxime Bernier former Foreign affairs.

The TV Show also received a yaer earlyer an experemented aircraft pilot.

www.robertpiche.com...

And about 9-11; this what he has to say.

Pilot said it would extremely difficult for him to crash in a building at 500 miles an hour engaging in a turning manoeuver, he cannot see how a guy with 2 week training on a cesna could do it, unless GPS guidance system were in place in the towers.

They cutted again, went to some commercial and... this was the of the show.

Why are we there ?

Big money; Not ours
Our blood; not their.

Pipelines, Drug, monney laundering, filling the banking system.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The war in Afghanistan is a sham. The real reason they are there is to make sure the poppy trade isn't stopped and an oil pipline can be built. The Taliban was irradicating the drug trade within Afghanistan before we invaded them. The poppies are now being grown at a level never seen before. This week they told us they are no longer going to try to stop them from growing.
This is not an attack on you personally but you should know that you are fighting and injust war to benefit some very evil people. You are being used and I would encourage you to get our as soon as possible.

new topics

top topics

join