It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prove yourselves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I see too many arguments of the sort "you can't prove me wrong". This is just silly, proof isn't about making up a statement and daring anyone to prove the contrary. If you make a statement you have to be able to back it up. YOU, not them. If you take a stance and people rip holes in it then it probably is flawed. If you take a stance and no one can prove different it still doesn't make it right. I can not prove you didn't see a flying elephant, but you can not expect me to believe you did unless you can prove it to me.

Some people will say that no matter what amount of proof you have it will never be good enough. You are right, for some they will refuse to believe even if it is in there face. They could be flying on the back of that elephant and still say you are wrong. That happens, get over it, if you feel as though you have made your case intelligently that is all you can do.

Some people will say that you can not prove the supernatural, paranormal, spiritual. I say that you are mistaken. If something is real then it can be proved and you have yet to discover the evidence and make your case.

For those of you who now want to look down on those that have been able to prove their cases; stop being so harsh. New things are being discovered all the time, the proof they are looking for may still be out there. They may not be wrong so don't insist that they are, insist instead that they study the evidence before them and use it until further evidence comes along.

But please, either side. You come here because you don't believe the manure that is spoon fed to you, because you have the mental capacity to question. Use it for something other then making the statement "I'm right and you can't prove otherwise"

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
And your point is?

line 2

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Histopherness

Well I kinda see what you are getting at, but the problem is that I cant prove something that someone made up in their imagination doesnt exist.

For instance, people that believe in Aliens visiting Earth cannot really come up with any proof that they are right, beyond some stories and a couple of shaky youtube videos of blurry lights.

But I cant disprove Aliens visiting Earth anymore than I can disprove the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, or the Tooth Fairy. This is because there is no proof that something that doesnt exists doesnt exist. So really all we have left is common sense and our own lack of observation and the lack of any credible people saying it is true without some underlying motive.

So basically neither side can provide proof of whether something like Aliens visiting Earth is true or false at the moment. Now if someone captures an Alien or an Alien Spacecraft and takes it on tour with renowned scientists confirming that it is true then we might have some proof.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

What about the captured Alien I have imprisoned in my basement..?

Ah it's no use, no one would believe me anyhow, so I might as well set him free.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

What about the captured Alien I have imprisoned in my basement..? Ah it's no use, no one would believe me anyhow, so I might as well set him free.

Please do, grandpa is late for dinner

top topics

join