It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does your User Name tell us about you???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I've been following and posting on the What does your avatar tell us about you??? thread, and it got me thinking about User Names. While avatars can be changed, and often are from time to time (I change mine daily! I have 13 of them and rotate through them.), User Names are not. It is the one thing that you can never change once you become a member of ATS. Some are simply the name of the member, or their nicknames, and some are down right cryptic! Some describe a member's political views, veterans status or conspiracy interest. So, what does your User Name tell us about you?

Mine is not so cryptic. I used to be a radio DJ, and my given name just didn't sound very radio like. After some thought, I used my first and last initials, and added an 's' to my middle name; J. T. Roberts. Many years later (I won't say how many, but when I was a DJ, Joan Jett's I Love Rock 'n Roll was in the top 40), when I got my first computer and went online, I expanded the 'J' to Jaxon (always loved the spelling, and it's not my first name, so still gave me complete anonimity) and dropped the 'T', thus giving me Jaxon Roberts as my 'online' identity. It's been that way ever since, so it was a 'no brainer' when I was prompted for a User Name when I joined ATS last year.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

lol, I wish I knew. I just made mine, anyone wnat to do a psychological analysis by my username..

Good idea, S&F

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

well I think mine is simple enough, I'm the ruler of middle earth

But in reality I'm just a really mean person

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It tells you my name.

I'm gonna start a thread called, what does your 500point tag tell us about you. And then what does your 750 tag tell us about you.

For start, mine tells us i like Bob Marely.

[edit on 9/7/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Mine comes from way back during the Bay Area Apple BBS days. Basically, 'cyberpunk' wasn't coined yet, and didn't occur to me. So I started using 'spacepunk', and have used it ever since. Sometimes imitated, never duplicated. Basically, it's my old 'hacker' name. (yes, if you have an apple // type computer, boot off an old 5.25 inch floppy, and see a flashing 'cracked by SpacePunk' with a skull and bones.... that's me years ago (it was done as a fluke, but things get around)).

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Mine is my initials and the weight I wrestled at when I won state twice and placed second at the national freestyle tournament.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Breathmint?

As for me, I'm obviously a system of two or more objects in which the quantum states of the constituting objects are linked together so that one object can no longer be adequately described without full mention of its counterpart.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It backmasking….”reknihtdlo” “reknihtdlo” “reknihtdlo”…say it three times, and you’ll bring back…John Bonham!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I wish I could change mine, it's just what I use for everything online, you know passwords, memorable question.......ooops!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Unityemissions is an abstract notion for an ever-evolving universal being which is the cosmos. One being experiencing itself subjectively for the sake of experience itself. What more could an all-powerful, all-knowing being ask for, than to be limited so as to experience what it's like to be perfectly imperfect? Sort of like the prince who has it all, only to live a frugal life amongst his people, renouncing his crown and all the powers that come with it. The Buddha was one such figure.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i was kinda sad when i fell in the rabit hole..My prespective on life changed seeing how the world is just simply #ed up..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Mine is simple...it is my name.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Mine speaks for itself I think.
I'm a drummer.

link   
This is absolutely gonna give away the fact that I am a nerd, but mine is the name of the best character I ever played in D&D. I have used it or a form of it online since at least 2000.

link   

Originally posted by Sauron

well I think mine is simple enough, I'm the ruler of middle earth

But in reality I'm just a really mean person

Yeah but going by your avatar, what you lack in social graces you make up by being sooo pretty!

One of the many faces of Suaron?

CX

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
My username came about by a complex proccess of.......picking two letters next to each other so it was quick and easy to type.

Not sure what that says about me.

CX.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Its about time I suppose,to mention about mine.
Mine says about who.

[edit on 9/7/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

You're a Citroen ...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
A lot of people know where I got my username. I got my username from the show RocketPower. On the show there is a character named Reggie who is nicknamed Rocketgirl.

That show totally rocks!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
mien is simple. i am a man= MR

and i am a *Biological *Orange *Being= BOB

[edit on 9-7-2009 by MR BOB]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join