It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how do you think civilisaton will really end? Death bed contemplation(Joke)!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
At the moment of posting this I'm laid up in bed suffering from what I hope isn't swine flu and is just a case of the dreaded 'man-flu'. Which is TEN times worse than swine flu according to all scientific journals.

Feeling sorry for myself (as all men do) I've begun contemplating the end of the world. I really wonder how, if it does happen, the end of civilisation will occur.

Will it happen Sodom and Gomorrah style in fire and brimstone!? Or perhaps the end truly will be heralded by a biblical style 'judgement Day'.

For those of you less religiously inclined will a collision with a comet or asteroid do it for us like the poor old Dinosaurs(among other theories)?

Maybe disease will be the downfall of man, or perhaps our increasing pressure on the animal kingdom may be the cause of our demise.

So come on, let me have it, how is mankind going to go. Feel free to offer up the outlandish and spetacular!

Please, make a dying man ('man-flu'!) happy!

[edit on 9-7-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
i believe we could go out like the dinosaurs did before us, through a large impact event or a massive volcanic eruption, nature or whatever you want to call it has a funny way to giving earth a clean sweep now and then and starting over

the saying below applies well here
*only the strong survive*

[edit on 033131p://40073 by ronishia]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Well I am working on a plan to hasten the demise of earth for my own enjoyment. My concept is basically an anti-Earth day. On this day, every year until we succeed, we will burn 55 gallon drums of oil, huge piles of wood, and anything else we can find to increase CO2 content in the air. I also plan to have a world wide fart countdown, where on the count of 3 humanity will create one massive simultaneous fart to stress precious mother earth.

Additionally, we will just randomly kill nearly extinct animals, find something really gassy to feed all the cows, and fly over the rain forest while dropping finely ground radioactive material, etc...

[edit on 9-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well, as i've been raised to believe.

An old man on a white horse...yeah on a white horse, with a sword for a tongue, will go and fight demons and devils somewhere in like iraq iranish area.

Then we will all congregate to fight god or satan. We'll all bleed to death and we will die.

Then god creator of worlds, will just go and make us a new one.

That seems logical right?

I mean it's much more plausible then a meteor wiping us out!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

perhaps mankind will go down in a war of the world senario? independance day anyone

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
In all seriousness.

One of those giant rocks, will most likely come and screw us over.

Or Prince Harry likes to believe, that it will be a takeover of grey matter! Nano Robots that break apart atoms of anything carbon, now that would be cool.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia

perhaps mankind will go down in a war of the world senario? independance day anyone

Man, i'm no Will Smith, if I see a pissed off alien wanting to eat me.

I will go to the beer store.

Then start knocking on ATS doors, or jump in anyone's car that has a NRA bumper sticker!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

ye we could all hook up in one of them underground bunkers and hide it out till they leave

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
My "doomsday" scenario is self-termination due to technological progress. Not by bombs, simply becoming more and more cyborg and less and less human would eventually create super-intelligent super-strong life form that would have no resemblance watsoever to Homo Sapiens.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
In Genesis, God tells Noah that He will never again dystroy the world by water. The next time will be by fire. World wide nuclear war? Huge solar flares? Who knows?
"The evil of the day is sufficient thereof."

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
A lunatic will attach a giant engine to the earth and stop its rotation...we will then just plummet, screaming, into the sun.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/abb518015c52.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

now theres a thought for you , if the world stopped spinning would everyoen just fall off?
lol

maybe our end wont be so dramatic who knows theres loads of things we could conjour up out there

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

The end will be on the same time final triumph of science and technology:

Genetically engineered humans will be androgynous, colourless and homogenous liike big ants...and so perfectly politically correct that it will make them unable even to think about more abstract topics...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Nothing ends... Nothings begins.....
kx

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think that virtual reality will kill us off. One day, whenn technology gets there, people will live in virtual reality (ya know, the old cliche where people plug themselves into the machine and what not) and physical contact will slowly go out of existence because life is so much better in virtual reality. Eventually we will die out because children aren't being born and those that are left will most probably be savages or something like that.

Ramadwarf on virtual death

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'd guess climate change - not necessarily due to the efforts of mankind - will make it harder to grow and harvest crops so people will die of starvation.

It may not completely wipe out humans but would greatly reduce the numbers. This has happened in the past. This afternoon I was, strangely enough, reading about it happening in the 14th century. Apparently, starvation wiped out more people than the plague.

So, starvation and plague would be my best bet. The starvation would soften people up and illness and disease would finish them off.

Hope you're feeling better, by the way
Get something hot to eat, won't you.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
where is my post_!
\
so once more:
Political corectness plus androgynous genetical modifications... THE ANTS!!!!so homogenous and the senseless entities ... so much politically corect that
unable to think for themselfs... modern time ideal!!!!REAL END OF HUMANITY

[edit on 10-7-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
We have a natural survival instinct I do not think we will kill ourselves.

I also thing given the scale of time, space phenomena like the sun or asteroid is highly unlikely in any time frame in which we could not avoid such things.

Disease is the most likely scenario, but we fight disease and humans have the ability to contain each other.

So I would say a Virus or Bacteria the becomes Endemic to one of out household pests... The Fly or the Cockroach in particular that is highly virulent in Humans given the close quarters we share with these creatures and their tendency to follow us anywhere we go is the most likely scenario by which we would perish

i.e. Roach Ebola

Probably inhaled, like the way cockroach excrement causes Asthma in many people... a Plague carried by roaches or flies would in time be unstoppable

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Thinking about it further, I think contaminated water supplies might play a part.

If we don't all die from drinking it, there'll be so much oestrogen in the water that it will render the male population completely infertile.

Polluted oceans won't help much either, that will cause a loss of edible fish to help with the already-mentioned starvation.

And general pollution will hurry along the effects of the aforementioned sickness and disease.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Has any one noticed that the bees are gone, well I believe that they have all gone to terrorist traing camps, and when they return they will have the training to take back there honey and kill us all. The bees will then create a society of super intelligent bees that will rule the earth for about 2 months before they destroy themselves with weapons of bug destruction.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join