It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montco swim club accused of racial discrimination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Montco swim club accused of racial discrimination

www.philly.com

Days before a Northeast Philadelphia day camp's membership at a private suburban swim club was rescinded, several of the campers said they had heard racial remarks about themselves at the pool.

Parents and staff members of Creative Steps Inc. day camp are considering legal action against the Valley Club in Huntingdon Valley, said Alethea Wright, the camp's executive director.

Sixty-five campers, kindergartners through seventh graders who are African American and Hispanic, arrived at the private swim club around 3:30 p.m. on June 29. It was their first visit to the club, but the camp ha
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It seems that we all still can't get along. I like the fact that they couldn't be reached for a comment on this. They refunded the groups money because of "space" issues. Yup, they hit the nail right on the head with that one...they have no space for black americans or hispanics. Looks like they didn't pass the brown paper bag test. Didn't we learn anything from our past mistakes?

I love the reason they gave too; "There was concern that a lot of kids would change the complexion . . . and the atmosphere of the club." Even with a black president, it's nice to see that black people still have a long way to go just be seen as equals, ain't this country great? I mean hell, at least the Europeans got over it during WW1 and WW2 when black folks died to defend them and was still treated like 2nd class citizens back home.

www.philly.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-7-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Active thread here www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join