It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End In 2012 ? ... Why Not Today ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
While I can see that some things are happening that could end our civilisation ( if not our species ) , I can 't help but ask why anybody would think that this will happen in 2012.

It occurred to me to ask such a question when I noticed that my 2009 calendar ( which is a charity calendar full of pretty local girls ) had its last entry in May of 2010. Now - officially the calendar ends on December 31, 2009 ... but - there are several months included on the last page, I presume to facilitate long-term planning.

So, without arguing the significance of ( or dividing into factions in support of ) the two dates which might be termed ' the end ' of my calander , why should I not suppose that the world may just as likely end on one of these dates ( December 31, 2009 or May 31, 2010 ) ?

In other words, is there something other than circumstantial data pointing to this December 21 , 2012 date ?

And please pardon my skepticism, but- did the Mayans predict the Spanish , the Inquisition, or there own demise as a civilisation ? Wonder what their calander has to say about 1520 AD, for example ...

I honestly don't get it, but- I would like to, if anyone can help ... thanks.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Skelkie3]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
the difference between your calender and the Maya calender is that their calender stretches to a specific date thousands of years in the future.

Your calender goes as far into the future as americans think

I dont think the Maya's were planning thousands of years ahead of time. So, not that i have any clue but i would guess that they figured something out or had some sort of divine intervention.

or they just suck at making effective day-planners?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well, I'm just curious to know what other things about December 2012 are out there ?

For all I know, the Mayan Astrologers/Astronomers/Mathematicians/Stonecarvers may have just been working with what they had on hand , physically.

' Hey guys, I think this rock's big enough to go 1000 years ! '
'Cool - let's do it '.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I am not personally a believer in the 12.21.12 date, but there is a vast amount of information regarding it. You could do a very quick amount of research and be inundated with material that would take you until 2012 to sift through!!

From Nostradamus, to Edgar Cayce. From the Mayans to the Chinese. From Aliens to Mass Starvation.

Again, I have done a lot of research in this area in preparation for a book, and their is plenty of "evidence" to keep you busy awhile!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thank you, I will look into it, as obviously I have not. Can't wait for your book.
Hope it will be published soon...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think that we will end ourselves...not God. God gave us choice...we abuse our choices constantly...i perceive the bible in a symbolic picture. I don't take it literally. All we can do is wait and see.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
what if the Mayans just thought oh heh this calender will last for the next 3000 years I doubt we as a people make it that long and just decide to end there

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skelkie3

Thank you, I will look into it, as obviously I have not. Can't wait for your book.

ME TOO!!!

It deals with your topic perfectly. There have been thousands of EOW prophecies over the millenia. Some of them even came true! The main idea behind my book is that we will all see the end of our own world. Death is a certainty, and we waste too much energy trying to figure out how it will get us! We should be concentrating on how to maximize our time here and preparing ourselves and our loved ones for whatever may come!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by Skelkie3

ME TOO!!!

It deals with your topic perfectly. There have been thousands of EOW prophecies over the millenia. Some of them even came true! The main idea behind my book is that we will all see the end of our own world. Death is a certainty, and we waste too much energy trying to figure out how it will get us! We should be concentrating on how to maximize our time here and preparing ourselves and our loved ones for whatever may come!

It has occurred to me that if many of the EOW ( as you put it ) prophets believed what they were saying- then would they be spending their time talking about it? I really doubt it . Too many things to get done by such and such date, so to speak...

top topics

join