It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu's paranoia extends to 'self-hating Jews' Emanuel and Axelrod

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Netanyahu's paranoia extends to 'self-hating Jews' Emanuel and Axelrod

haaretz.com

Netanyahu appears to be suffering from confusion and paranoia. He is convinced that the media are after him, that his aides are leaking information against him and that the American administration wants him out of office. Two months after his visit to Washington, he is still finding it difficult to communication normally with the White House. To appreciate the depth of his paranoia, it is enough to hear how he refers to Rahm Emanuel and David Axelrod, Obama's senior aides: as "self-hating Jews."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 7/11/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
And here we go again. Criticize Israel or its actions: you are an Anti-Semite. Are you Jewish, but don't act exactly as told by the Israeli government: you are a self-hating Jew. Rahm has been criticized before when he spoke of a peace agreement, which Israeli leaders clearly don't see as a favorable outcome.

National Union chairman Ya'acov "Ketzele" Katz sent a letter to White House chief-of-staff Rahm Emanuel last week admonishing him not to forget his Jewish and Israeli origins.
Katz's missive came in response to a reported verbal exchange between Emanuel and an unidentified American Jewish leader.

Katz claims that in a private meeting with the unnamed leader, Emanuel said, "In the next four years, there will be a peace agreement with the Palestinians on the basis of two states for two peoples, and it does not matter to us who is the prime minister."

www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull

haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/11/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Its all a show.

Rahm is just as pro-israeli as he was in the IDF.

Americans are starting to wake up and see that all we get in return of billions and billions of aid, is a growing target on our backs.

They are trying to distance themselves WITH A DUAL ISRAELI CITIZEN?!?

Laughable.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
Its all a show.

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!

I'm sure Rahm appreciates someone helping take the heat off of him by making it appear that he isn't their tool.... but something tells me most know better.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
Its all a show.

Rahm is just as pro-israeli as he was in the IDF.

Americans are starting to wake up and see that all we get in return of billions and billions of aid, is a growing target on our backs.

They are trying to distance themselves WITH A DUAL ISRAELI CITIZEN?!?

Laughable.

I don't think anything is wrong with being pro-Israel, especially if you are Jewish, like Rahm. Although I wouldn't consider myself to be, I am not against Israel either. However, what I can't stand is the fact that Israel is permitted to be above the law like no other country ever could. As quoted in my signature, the excuse is: ''we've been through the Holocaust, so don't dear to criticize our actions''.

The only reason this is possible, is because the US has become a protector of the state of Israel. Every resolution condemning Israel is vetoed by the US. This is a direct consequence of the Israeli lobby that controls America. Two former Israeli soldiers, who have joined an Israeli initiative to expose the truth, once said ''the public American opinion is our most important weapon''. For that reason, Israel has announced to be trying to re-brand its public image.

Your statement is right. The billions of Dollars going to Israel every year yield very little. Although it keeps Israel as an ally, the American stance on the conflict has greatly damaged America's public image all around the world, yet it has continued to act in Israel's interest, rather than in its own interest. Sadly enough, people with a double nationality control America, and they are not acting in the interest of America.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Your statement is right. The billions of Dollars going to Israel every year yield very little. Although it keeps Israel as an ally, the American stance on the conflict has greatly damaged America's public image all around the world, yet it has continued to act in Israel's interest, rather than in its own interest.

The billions of dollars that go to Israel every year help to protect Israel from some very dangerous enemies.

How does this help the United States? First, Israel's system of government - albeit with some differences than the U.S. - is a beacon of democratic government and free elections. Israel is one of our few allies and friends in the volatile Middle East. We have a long-standing and friendly relationship with Israel going back many, many decades.

It is most definitely in the U.S.'s long term interest to have a peaceful, stable Middle East - if not for humanitarian, then for economic reasons alone. Israel is a big part of the U.S.'s interests in the region given our close ties - cultural, economic, political, etc.

The only damage to our public image is in the eyes of our well-known enemies - primarily Iran, Al-Quada, and various Islamic terrorist organizations. I suppose some anti-American political forces also take umbrage to our relationship with Israel.

Frankly, I think we as a nation could care less what these radical terrorists and anti-Americans think of our support for Israel. It's hard to place much value on the so-called "opinions" of your known enemies.

Israel's really a great country. Its one of the most advanced countries in the region - Very easy place to business, lots of entrepreneurial start-up's originate in Israel. It's often referred to as the Silicon Valley of the Middle East because of all of the high tech industries in Israel. And the country is, by and large, pretty self-sufficient. It leads the world in water conservation and geothermal energy. Very well-educated population, and very business-oriented.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

We give israel weapons and money.

What do they give us back?

Now that they are not a developing country, have they tried to repay their debts or told us they no longer need our billions of AMERICAN'S tax dollars a year?

Why not?

If you listen to what the terrorists say about America, it's almost always condeming how we back israel no matter what.

It's time we work for world peace, not just peace for israel.

I accidently starred your post by the way

[edit on 10-7-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

We give israel weapons and money. What do they give us back?

Israel is a model for the rest of the Middle East in terms of Western-style democratic, free elections.

If the rest of the Middle East, with their long history of brutal dictators and Ayatollahs, would take note of democratic ideals in Israel (and now Iraq), then the long-term stability in the Middle East will be well enough to justify our investment in Israel over the years.

Well worth the investment, for economic and trade reasons alone, let alone humanitarian and political reasons.

Not every relationship is "tit for tat". We donate millions of dollars to all kinds of countries all over the world, and have done so for many decades. The return on investment is rarely immediate.

In the case of Israel, our investment is an attempt to enhance democracy in the Middle East, support an ally, and meet our strategic goals in the region.

We have major enemies in the region, and Israel, as our ally, serves as a counterpoint to the likes of Iran, etc.

If you listen to what the terrorists say about America, it's almost always condeming how we back israel no matter what.

I could care less what terrorists think of our support for Israel. These monsters will say anything to justify their terrorist activities. If it wasn't our support for Israel, it would be some other illegitimate reason.

Terrorism knows no bounds.

There is so much propaganda about the Israeli-Palestinian issue. Try to place the Israeli-Palestinian conflict into a larger, historical context. Put yourself in Israel's shoes for a moment. Your people are hunted down like savage animals in World War II, and sent to the most brutal concentration camps in Germany to be killed by the Nazis. It is only by the grace of God that the Jewish people survived the Holocaust.

Opinion: If I had thousands of rockets launched into my neighborhood where I live, and suicide bombers waltzing into my neighborhood coffee shop blowing up innocent civilians, my reaction would be identical to Israel's.

Israel's actions are actions of self-defense, and countering terrorist activities against some of the most ruthless terrorist organizations ever.

I do feel empathy for the plight of the Palestinians - most especially the plight of innocent civilians on both sides of this issue - Israelis and Palestinians alike that are caught in the cross-fire.

I cannot, however, justify the support of terrorist activities by the likes of Hamas, Hizbollah, etc. I actually think these terrorist organizations harm their cause by their terrorist activities. It would be better if they adapted a peaceful resistance similar to the highly successful approach taken by Ghandi.

Now, before I get viciously attacked on this forum for this post, I would only ask that we discuss issues - and refrain from engaging in personal insults and slander. Keep it civil. I know this is a sensitive issue, highly charged, and very emotional.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by CookieMonster09]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

Ok, now that you have picked through and answered the questions you wanted to, but only with your own opinions, why don't you answer the rest?

I'll even write them again for you.

Now that they are not a developing country, have they tried to repay their debts or told us they no longer need our billions of AMERICAN'S tax dollars a year?

Why not?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Now that they are not a developing country, have they tried to repay their debts or told us they no longer need our billions of AMERICAN'S tax dollars a year? Why not?

Define developing country. Israel is still a very, very young country - and, if you read my original post, surrounded by very dangerous enemies. Again, keep this in historical context.

Is it a debt, or is it money given no strings attached? There is a difference. If you actually read my original response, you would see that we already benefit greatly from Israel's presence in the Middle East. You can't quantify that in terms of numbers - and even if you could, it would be difficult to quantify.

Israel is a democratic model for the Middle East - and for that reason, as well as religious reasons, is hated in the region (in addition to, and primary to the Palestinian issue).

I could be mistaken - but I haven't read that Israel ever DEFAULTED on any debt. Correct me if I am wrong.

Again, we actively give money to Israel for several reasons - It's not all about Israel "begging" for money. We have a very strong Jewish lobby in this country (I actually think that is positive, not negative, by the way), strong cultural ties, and strong political ties.

Take it to the most common denominator: Ever given money to a friend with no strings attached? Did you charge him interest? When he was facing difficulty, did you press him to pay you back?

My point is that Israel is a staunch ally of the United States, and we value our relationship with Israel because of this alliance.

top topics

join