It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting in Boca Raton

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

BOCA RATON, FL--Residents in a Boca Raton neighborhood say they looked up Monday night around 9 pm and saw a mysterious green light.

Ryan Helfrich says, "this thing was going crazy zig zagging, like shot across the sky. That was unbelievable! Like nothing I've ever seen before."

He says someone could have been flashing a green laser onto a balloon or something else floating in the sky.

But the teens say, what they saw was real.

They feel there's no way a laser could have done the things they witnessed.

According to Helrich , "there's no way this is a hoax. I know it looks like a hoax cause it's just kids, but it's not a hoax."

It's not just kids who saw this, Boca Raton police say one of their officers also saw that green glow and called his supervisor to report it.

Link with Slideshow

Link to Video

I hope this isn't a hoax.
That UFO's are now presenting us (reportedly) with symbols*drawn* in the night sky is one of the most exciting things I can imagine when it comes to intergalactic (?) contact.

Well, besides E.T landing on the White House lawn...

Naw, this is better!

peace

[edit on 9-7-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Give me a sec and I'll post the rest of the pictures here...

My favorite first!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e00e5a4e41be.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bac4a1a71742.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9afadedcfac7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8806562a107.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6285c596de98.jpg[/atsimg]

Can't wait to hear what people have to say about this sighting!

peace

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Interesting, but to be honest it really looks like a glow stick:

And I am not sure its zig-zaging, it looked like the camera was moving, but the object was just their. I wish it wasn't so dark, which makes me think its a glow stick in a very dark room.

It could also be a very serious laser, that is incredibly powerful.

We used to play with big boy military laser and the best way to play was aiming them staright into the sky..lol.. Which is also not technically legal..lol..

Edit: Those pictures actually matched the laser amaingly well.. Especially the straight line one.

[edit on Jul 9th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
thats really weirded. Looks a lot like a green firework sparkler in the dark. I've never seen a green sparkler though, and definitely not thousands of feat above the ground.

I'm not sure what to make of that, except: COOL!

edit: glow sticks is a better explanation, as they actually come in green. Same phenomenon, though

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Kevin_X2]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Before you watch:

This video is NOT the video from the news report above.

I've added it (in my opinion a HOAX) so people are not confused with the real thing.

Please visit the link above - It's not posted (yet) on GoogleVid or YouTube.

I hope to post the *real* video soon...

peace

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
From the video clip, there is no point of reference. It's a long green light, that could very well be green glow stick, as for the shapes, the footage had a high amount of motion blur with it.

I'm guessing it's just goofs playing around with the camera and a glow stick.

Edit: Ninja'd twice! Bah!

Edit 2: The fake is...a...VERY bad fake.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Red-eye-syndrome]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That one looked choppy, which makes me think its CGI oriented. It just seemed glitchy when it shouldn not have been. So I would say that one is a fake.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Thank you Myth for the videos.

The glow stick - not even close.
And, if you saw the news video, well, no, not even close, lol.

The second one is definitely similar.

I just hope it isn't the case!

Thanks

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

That one looked choppy, which makes me think its CGI oriented. It just seemed glitchy when it shouldn not have been. So I would say that one is a fake.

Which one?
The YouTube one?
If that's the one you mean - yes - it's a Hoax.
Pretty cool though, lol.
I liked the touch - "Dude, it's coming this way" - camera off.
hehehe

Anyway, I stuck it in so people who ran to YouTube to see the video would know it IS NOT the same one - and - clearly a hoax.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well, it could be lasers, glow sticks, or something like that that appears wavy and stringy because of the camera. It also could be a UFO, but I think we should start with the former first. It is interesting to note that Project Bluebeam has been theorized for years, with the recent surge in anomalous and odd lights in the sky is it possible that Bluebeam is being actively tested now? Just a thought...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yes, the youtube one. Nonetheless, I still enjoyed it, they almost had it perfect..lol.. they just needed to go back and refine it and then it may have made a different splash.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Also interestingly enough, if the 'anomalies' wave and string-like appearance is not caused by the camera (which I think it very well could be) it does look awfully like what a 'string' in String Theory is postulated to look like. So from a theoretical cosmological standpoint could we be seeing some strange effect where strings actually become very macro for some reason? Yet another thought...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

In the video they show what String Theory looks like and it does sort of match.

But its only on for about 6 seconds..lol..actually thats it on the front cover.

[edit on Jul 9th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Well keep in mind strings are constantly vibrating, and there are open and closed strings, closed strings are strings that are closed in, in a circular shape obviously. They still vibrate, we also have membranes, which are in essence multi-dimensional strings, where as strings are one dimensional. So this video theories postulate of mine is that we may be looking at some type of 'quantum filament' in the macro, where in the world volume membrane has actions acting upon in in a way where we get a 'superstring'(no relation to Super String theory,lol). It just kind of looks like (again if this is NOT camera distortions, which I think it very well could be, but for fun...) a string that seems to be in a transition phase between a string and membrane(obviously an independent brane and NOT world volume).

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
A typical example of a complete waste of time, and something that should be above the intelligence of the average board member around here.

Even ignoring the video itself (and just relying on the audio + related, or lack or, material) one can dismiss this tripe outright.

Just another example, of the hundreds, that do nothing, bring nothing, and actually cause damage to the very subject we are here to discuss. I can't wait for the day that this community rises to the level of intelligence where stuff like this doesn't get a second look, therefore this type of stuff will stop popping up to some degree and we can move forward (with either better fakes, better mis-representations or the real thing, lol)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

While I agree that this is likely nothing, I think that it is still cool to use this as a spring board for ideas. I mean this is not getting any attention anyways, so why not use this to postulate some very speculative ideas (like I have) about UFOs, because there are some videos like this that ARE LEGIT apparently...Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

A typical example of a complete waste of time, and something that should be above the intelligence of the average board member around here.

Tell it to the news station and don't shoot the messenger.

Why you’re at it try telling it to the people and the police who called in the report it’s all a waste of time.

They would laugh in your face.

Whatever they saw, they are sure of - with no doubt.

If someone was playing a hoax on them - it's despicable - but - the people who reported this (IMO) are not culpable of a hoax here.

Just another example, of the hundreds, that do nothing, bring nothing, and actually cause damage to the very subject we are here to discuss. I can't wait for the day that this community rises to the level of intelligence where stuff like this doesn't get a second look, therefore this type of stuff will stop popping up to some degree and we can move forward (with either better fakes, better mis-representations or the real thing, lol)

Oh I see, with this line of thinking you’d what? Tell the people who experienced this, filmed and reported it - If you can’t prove it shut up? lol

Take your negativity someone where else it isn't wanted here.

People need to be encouraged.
People need to educated.
People need to have their dreams.

If UFO *believers* and those who seek the truth don’t know it - then who does?

peace

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

While I agree that this is likely nothing, I think that it is still cool to use this as a spring board for ideas. I mean this is not getting any attention anyways, so why not use this to postulate some very speculative ideas (like I have) about UFOs, because there are some videos like this that ARE LEGIT apparently...Just a thought.

Exactly.

First case I've heard of (seen) with symbols *drawn* in the sky too.
(I’ve dreamt about it often so I was pretty psyched to see it reported)!

I'm sure there might have been others, but, not that I've seen - so - if nothing else the collective *we* can document something else it *isn't* and use it as a president for comparison later.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well I mean there is so many possibilities here on what UFOs actually are, I mean we have a Tangent Universe theory, Greys, time travelers, etc..... I think threads like this are a good 'drawing board' so to speak. I understand somes frustration with the current state of ufology but they also must understand the necessities required in and of the field itself.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Lets not forget the electric universe theory and the 3d hologram universe theory. And so much more..lol.. And my person favorite theory:

The world came into existance do to papa smurf farting and from the debris in his fart it created the worlds. UFO's are simply explained by the burps, they are his spit..
I am joking of course. But so many theories of what the universe is, I think we need to figure that out first.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join