It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands protest in Iran, defying crackdown vow

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Originally posted by Strictsum
I could have sworn The Government had set money aside for this in 2006 or 2007. To help the Iranian people protest the Iranian regime.

I can't seem to find it now, maybe it doesn't exist. If anyone knows what I'm talking about could you please post it or let me know where to find it, or just tell me I'm crazy.

Any sources would be nice if you read this somewhere?

I guess this is what I was talking about, no I didn't read it anywhere I just thought I remembered something like this. It's called the Iran Freedom Support Act. I have no opinion one way or the other as far as the CIA being involved but this is what I found. It seems they were at least trying to get a foothold with the opposition of the regime in Iran, which is what I would expect them to do.

"...provide financial and political assistance (including the award of grants) to foreign and domestic individuals, organizations, and entities working for the purpose of supporting and promoting democracy for Iran"..... Such assistance may include the award of grants to eligible independent pro-democracy radio and television broadcasting organizations that broadcast into Iran."

Section 402 (e) (1) contacts should be expanded with opposition groups in Iran that meet the criteria under subsection (b);

www.theorator.com...

www.sourcewatch.org...

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Strictsum]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Grand Ayatollah Montazeri’s Fatwa

In a very important development, Grand Ayatollah Hossein Ali Montazeri, the most senior cleric living in Iran, and one of the top two* marja’ taghlid (source of emulation) in Shiite Islam, issued a series of Fatwas, calling the Supreme Leader illegitimate and saying that he was working with the government against religion. Montazeri has called on people to take action against this injustice, even if they have to pay a heavy price for it.

Ayatollah Montazeri Issues Fatwa Against the Regime

On July 11, 2009, the liberal Iranian website www.khandaniha.eu published a fatwa by Ayatollah Hossein Ali Montazeri, the most senior contemporary Shi'ite cleric. The fatwa was issued in response to a series of queries submitted to him by Iranian intellectual and cleric Mohsen Kadivar, pertaining to the legitimacy of the current Iranian government.

[edit on 7/12/09 by makeitso]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Pretty exciting news! I have also heard rumors that if Ahmadinijad is sworn in, the Grand Ayatollahs in Qom will move to Najaf. If true, this is HUGE news, even if it is a ploy to keep the dying flame of the Islamic Revolution alive through this.

Oh, and John, don't let them deter you! There are many of us out there following this story closely, and it's good to see others that truly care.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by john124

John I can assure you as an American as opposed to a British Citizen which you are...

That you do not work for the CIA, that you know nothing about the CIA and know no one who works for the CIA.

While in your mind you feel well qualified for the job of 'knowing' how the CIA runs and what it's goals would be...

I can assure you that they are neither bound by, operate under or share your highly speculative and biased oppinion on something you have no intimate involvement, knowledge or responsibility towards.

Ignorance is the one objection that can never be overcome John because the ignorant will not consider any other view or perspective but their own.

This is why people will not debate you, this is why your thread has garnered little interest as you seek to dictate to others your world view as being the only 'correct' view.

Should you come by any credible intelligence from Iran by qualified sources do feel free to post it as those of us with open minds enjoy weighing and considering all credible and intelligent sources of information which your third party article that you originally posted and your third party oppinions don't constitute.

Thanks.

OK, just to wind this up to a conclusion because I think we've both made our points already even if we both are a bit dissatisfied with each other's response, but yeah that's what ats is for.

I have no problem with anyone saying the CIA could be involved, and I never did.

Anyway you can't really lecture me about my opinions even though I feel I'm providing a more overall picture from what we've both stated, especially because you can't say for sure either. And you changed your mind between firstly being sure of CIA involvement, then to saying you have no theory, and lastly to being absolutely sure of CIA involvement. Anything beyond this is obviously questionable, for example details of torturing, number of deaths. Although youtube videos do indicate higher numbers than reported, and extreme brutality.

And I do understand you can't take someone's word on here when they can't back up what they said. For example about what my friends families over in Iran watched on state TV. Only my own interpretation for me on this matters, but I was curious as to if anyone else had encountered this from their friends. Presuming the information is accurate, either they didn't or just haven't been on here or just haven't replied. But you will encounter a few genuine people, who have the right information, out of the many who spread rubbish. Of course that means that both the contact in Iran has to be providing accurate and genuine info, then accurately related to the person who input onto threads.

You simply like everyone else on ATS have a theory and are prepared to brow beat people and endlessly go on and on why everyone else should share your unqualified theory based on what is nothing but "The world according to John" and the only one who lives in that world in fact is "John"

I'm simply passing on information I've discovered from my own sources. Anyway, yes opinions on these are just opinions, but I am correct to say there has been no evidence of CIA involvement from what I've found out. Therefore from my view point because I know myself I can trust these sources almost 100%, that it is logical to say that Iranian protestors have done this on their own up until now. That's hardly a theory, it's just an assertion based on what I accept as being likely, from a real standing point.

From your interpretation when you say the CIA has to be involved because it's their job to trash Iran, then that's only your opinion from your own world. You can hardly have a go because I'm telling you my opinion, when you're just doing the same.

The funniest thing about this is that I really don't mind if the CIA is involved already, although I feel almost certain they will be at some point. I hope the CIA do take this regime down or are in the process of doing so without giving the regime an opportunity to rally Iranian's against the west by provoking the regime or getting caught. As it will quicken the demise of the regime, and so prevent deaths of many innocent people.

If the CIA did this, then good for them.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by john124]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join