It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction to DDR-2: The DDR Memory Replacement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Companies including Micron, Crucial, Kingston and Corsair have already begun shipping DDR2 memory modules, though there are no desktop applications for it as yet. In this article, PCstats will look at the features and specifications of DDR2 memory, and take a sneak peek at some of its future applications, like the upcoming Intel i915P 'Alderwood' and i925X 'Grantsdale' chipsets. DDR2 picks up where DDR memory currently stops, at 400MHz. DDR2-SDRAM is considered an evolutionary upgrade over existing DDR memory. It maintains the same core functions, transferring 64 bits of data twice every clock cycle for an effective transfer rate twice that of the front-side bus (FSB) of a computer system, and an effective bandwidth equal to its speed x 8

The chart here shows the naming conventions and specs for the first three DDR2 standards to be released. Notice that DDR2-400 features exactly the same bandwidth. as DDR-400 memory.

Ream More:Full Story

These are sweet man, want some of them please�

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Interesting... and thanks! But I do have to confess that when I saw DDR2, the only acronym that surfaced in my brain was "Dance-Dance Revolution."

I've *really* got to get out more....

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
awesome. my # keeps getting more and more outdated. another year and my computer wont even turn on.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
there were some problems with ddr2 production if I heared correct.. and we have FB-DIMMs speeds from DDR2-533 to DDR3-1600www.the-inquirer.com...

and for the videocards the end of this year or beginning of next year we will have them with GDDR4 at an effective speed of 2.8 ghz.

join