It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran protests: 'They have covered up the deaths'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Iran protests: 'They have covered up the deaths'

www.guardian.co.uk

This is an account by a doctor working in Tehran who says the death toll from the protests following Iran's disputed election is much higher than the official figure of 20. His account is published as part of the Guardian's project to trace those killed and detained during the unrest. The Guardian has been unable to independently verify his account.

I have been working in a public hospital in Tehran over the last few weeks. The authorities are covering up the number of dead protesters and their causes of death. The official statistic is 20 dead – that's wrong. In our hospital alone the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This describes how the regime is covering up the many more deaths than reported, and is going on all the time and today.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
sounds more like a propaganda exercise by the CIA to shore up more support for Irans purported crimes against democracy and the Iranian people. How to start a war ... pretend you're preserving freedom.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
With just the little that was leaked out of the country on twitter, etc, it seems that there's so much violence against protesters going on that I can completely believe that the death toll was much more than the official report.
And with the iranian govmnt's news blackout it makes it even less surprising that there's a cover up.
OP: Nice threat. Thnx:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Until they have actual evidence, rather going on hearsay. Then I will believe the doctor. But since the paper cannot validate what the Doctor has informed the paper. I will take whathe has said with a pinc off salt.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Have been following the Iranian protests on Twitter as well as on the news. Many tweets and videos are directly from Iranians who are in the protests.

This seems consistent with what they are saying.

You can accuse America of imperialism here, but the fact is many Iranian people are directly asking for our support.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
BBC News says Iran has pulled the internet and phone lines and bullied Iranian television from banning any talk or news on the protests. The opposition leader says he is under house arrest by the police so he cannot attend the protests. That is the sketchy news I have gleened today. Seems this will be a bloodbath that will not be shown here? God bless all the protestors there. Their martyrdom for freedom will not be recognised......

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 14-2-2011 by kalenga because: ading link

This is worse than Egypt, they hanged two people who took photos and distributed them on the net on places like Facebook in January from the riots of 2009.Some people are on death row:

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 14-2-2011 by kalenga because: more info

new topics

top topics

join