It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia 'shot down its own planes'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Russia 'shot down its own planes'

news.bbc.co.uk

A report in a Russian military journal claims that half the planes Russia lost in its war with Georgia last year were shot down by friendly fire.

The article in the Moscow Defence Brief magazine also claims that Russia lost more military aircraft than it is admitting to.

The report is highly critical of Russian forces during the brief war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Looks like even though the Russian forces have had an increase in funding during recent years they are still more than a little out of practice and need to hit the training fields? have to admit i found it strange the number of Russian aircraft that seemed to have been brought down during this conflict and this explains things a little.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
History proves russia only fights well when invaded and bolstered by patriotism. They arent the invader type

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartak_FL
History proves russia only fights well when invaded and bolstered by patriotism. They arent the invader type

But they did invade most of Eastern Europe under a rather large tide of patriotism. What this proves is that the Russians are not very good.

Regards

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This report made my day!

Russian airforce vs NATO would be a short battle.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If this is true then the reason for it would be the lack of communication between the Russian Army and Russian Airforce. How do you know what to shoot at if you don't know who's planes are flying above you. I would bet some Russian Brass lost jobs over that one.

top topics

join