It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Wants To Use Indecency Law To Stop Droopy Pants

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001
reply to post by Laurauk

could you also link hoodies to this if your wear a hoodie your not allowed to enter shops which i think a B S.

Its a piece of clothing

It is up to the shopping mall management to decide if covered heads is appropriate or not, and that case was no based on morals or decency but on an obligation to other shoppers and shops to keep security up. I agree with that.

They can also refuse you entry if you are not wearing shoes in shops.

But this is about in public.

My only problem is that someone thinks a law is required in order to make people who look ridiculous UNDERSTAND that they look ridiculous.

If they need that law, then there is no help for them, imo.

Reminds me of a joke Jerry Seinfeld said opening an episode once, about Bike Helmet laws;

"There are many things you can point to as proof that the human is not smart. But my personal favorite would have to be that we needed to invent the helmet. What was happening, apparently, was that we were involved in a lot of activities that were cracking our heads. We chose not to avoid doing those activities but, instead, to come up with some sort of device to help us enjoy our head-cracking lifestyles. And even that didn't work because not enough people were wearing them so we had to come up with the helmet law. Which is even stupider, the idea behind the helmet law being to preserve a brain whose judgment is so poor, it does not even try to avoid the cracking of the head it's in."

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Originally posted by tamusan
I was driving down the road the other day, and saw a young dude walking down the the street with his pants sagging real low. His entire rear, cheeks and all, was visible. Not exactly what I want to see.

THEN LOOK AWAY!

This woman, on her moral majority crusade, needs to be stopped dead in her tracks.

FASHION POLICE SUCK!

People wear underware at the beach and in hot weather, yet this woman doesn't want low pants to reveal underware!!!

Arrgghhhh, I get sick of these fashion police stories. If it wasn't real, you would actually get a laugh thinking about it.

I bet youd have a different opinion if some sweaty dude wearing nothing but a budgie smuggler was in coles next to the fresh fruit and veg and was between you and those tangerines you wanted.... oO

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
This is what happens when you try to look cool with your pants down low:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I will not open the door for you if you approach wearing a hoodie. No freakin way. No sunglasses either. I have been robbed before. He entered the store wearing a hoodie, sunglasses, and droopy pants. I am not kidding. That was the only description I could give the police too, because other than black hands and a shotgun, that is all I could see. So I work in a hotel now with a security door, you approach with your head/face covered, you are not getting in. I want you on camera. And pull your dang pants up!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tallwater

Geeze, all of these Ohio News threads.. I live here lol it is funny watching them discuss nonsense topics on the News.It is not what I want to see on here...

I don't agree with the tactics on this,, but pants & such should be worn correctly, and their Momma's should make them.It is not respectful,,I have thought about and will some day go up behind someone with their pants saggin and pull um down,aha.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by keepithush

Would you say the same to a bunch of parents taking their kids home from school and some idiot is walking with his arse hanging out his trousers. It's indecent exposure.

And what would happen to these kids if they did happen to see someone's "arse"?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by badw0lf

I will not open the door for you if you approach wearing a hoodie. No freakin way. No sunglasses either. I have been robbed before. He entered the store wearing a hoodie, sunglasses, and droopy pants. I am not kidding. That was the only description I could give the police too, because other than black hands and a shotgun, that is all I could see. So I work in a hotel now with a security door, you approach with your head/face covered, you are not getting in. I want you on camera. And pull your dang pants up!

Lol, I'm glad we agree... However I'm not sure you thought you were agreeing with me in the first place?!?!

I think... I am not sure what I'm posting these days, I say one thing and get entirely different responses.. oO There is a conspiracy against me, or I need to go back on the meds.. Oo

haha, oh well..

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I think it's disgusting, indecent, and disrespectful to be walking around in public like that. It's not a fashion trend because it's been going on for far too many years to be a trend, and it's definitely not just a few kids either. It's not just teenagers that do it, where i'm at there are 30/40 year old men walking around like that. It doesn't seem to prevent them from getting jobs either, at least not here in chicago, I've seen department managers in stores dressed like that. I also find it just as disgusting when females do the same thing.

I say if it breaks a law already in existance (ex. if it falls under indecent exposure) then enforce it, if it doesn't then leave it alone. Hopefully they will soon see what buffoons they look like and stop, leading others to follow suit.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The cops just love droopy pants.

Have you ever watch someone wearing droopy pants run.

They have to hold there pants up and then they can not swing there arms to run right.

The cops find that the people that wear droopy pants are ridiculously easy to catch even by these cops that are out of shape from to many donuts.

Also with droopy pants its very hard to hide a gun in your waist band of your pants.

I have even had fun with the droopy pants group.
take a small can of pepper spray and walk up behind one and spray there underwear.

In a couple minutes they will notice things starting to got warm.

Cops have better things to do then be fashion police when the fashion helps them do there job.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tallwater

I have no problem with baggy pants - but honestly, when the wanna-be homies have their butts hanging out, they look like losers. Perhaps they could be fined for bad fashion sense

IRM

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I do not want to see some bloke's dirty hairy bum crack winking at me when I am walking behind him, or when he bends down/over. I do not want to see the top of his undies with the old worn elastic hanging out
either, or the dirty drab, once white jocks. Hello...UNattractive.

I would, however laugh my bloody head off if the pants happened to fall around the ankles in public.

Have you seen how these guys have to walk ? Well they can't walk properly because the natrual leg action is inhibited.

Anyway, droopy pants are so yesterday and therefore UNfashionable.

How about fat girls with stretch marks and love handles in droopy pants? Sharing their belly button lint with everyone. You have to feel sorry for them not having a mirror...or a brain.

res

[edit on 10-7-2009 by resistancia]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
You know what I think we should bring back? Men dressed in suits and hats like in the 1950's.

Men wore hats in the Fifties. Not sometimes. All the time. There was some variation as to style, but no man was dressed unless a hat adorned his head.

Today's fashion is a joke.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
First of all, this style came in when I was in Jr. High. I'm now 31. I don't believe any style has ever lasted this long.

Droopy pants are an aid for shoplifters, but yet can be a hinderance as they're trying to make their getaway & end up falling over when their cool pants fall around their knees!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewormholes
I believe to each their own. You can not disagree with everything people wear. It just come down to how you respect yourself and others around you. On a side note, a friend of mine who is nurse has notice that young adults who sag their pants have been coming into the hospital with muscle deformities, because of the way they walk which tend to be from side to side rather than a normal stride. So, the muscles in their legs are not developing properly.

Well look, you can disagree with what people are wearing when they expose private parts of their body. There's a reason there are indecency laws. Showing half of your backside is not acceptable for any race or color or religion or sexual orientation.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
First of all, this style came in when I was in Jr. High. I'm now 31. I don't believe any style has ever lasted this long.

That's what's so bizarre about this. Im 30 and remember this from 7/8/9th grade. It's been exactly the same for over a decade. Minor changes here and there like the big belt buckle and the flat brim hat thing but the excessively large circus clown clothing thing remains constant.

This general regression relative to the glorification of being unemployed, uneducated, substance abusing, child neglecting and bring in and out of prison has been far too long sustained. There are no positives whatsoever coming out of this cultural cesspool yet it remains.

And the morons think it's "new" or "generational" and take some sort of adolescent pride in it.
Kids are stupid. At least when I was a kid I knew I was being an idiot. The adult who behave this way are an abomination to the species.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tim1989

People dressed up for everything then. Shirt and tie just to go to the grocers.

I dont wish we all looked the same and dressed the same though. I just we all looked like we had some dignity and self respect.

Edit to add:

The exact opposite of this: www.hotghettomess.com...

[edit on 10-7-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

i dont feel like it.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kevin_X2
reply to post by jd140

i dont feel like it.

besides, my belts are all broken and #ty and i can never keep my pants up even when i try.

Yes... that is obvious.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Since most of the people on here seem to not like seeing underware and pants low.

What are you feelings on bathing suits such as (speedos, bikinis and one piece suits) those are just underwear with padding in them and people wear them to more than just the beach such as at amusement parks outside of the water area and even if your at the beach you can see more than with your pants down.

Also what are you feelings on thongs showing and breast showing, if you don't disagree with these you are either a sexist or a hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jatsc

Easy. Time and place.

The women with the exposed thongs out in everyday public is no different than the guys with the exposed underpants. It's trashy for either sex. I know, some guys love trash women and all but they can keep within the confines of the trailer park.

Some fat dude in a speedo, while nauseating, is perfectly acceptable beach/pool dress.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join