It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Wants To Use Indecency Law To Stop Droopy Pants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I do find the droopy pants phenomenon to be ignorant and ridiculous at best. Most people have no idea where this fashion was actually derived, and if they did, they certainly would not be wearing it as a fashion statement in public.

In prisons, hanging your pants low is a signal to other inmates that you are, in fact, a prag...or in other words (a prison bitch). This is not a fashion statement within the confines of prison walls, it is a direct signal of intent, or in many cases, a forced reality onto weaker inmates. If these kids who sport this look realized this, maybe they would be less inclined to make asses (literal term here) of themselves in public.

Nonetheless, it is really sad that this could actually be sanctioned against by law. Just another signal that the government is getting out of control and that the legal system needs an overhaul for even entertaining it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Enough said.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Sure that a bare butt and not just folded back fat?

And if it is a butt is it reallt bare? Seems like he has a sweater wrapped around it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Hey!!

That's my intellectual property!! That's where I keep my smart brain.

And why are you snapping pics of my behind?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
actually in michigan, it is "illegal" to wear pants that sag to low. I know in Flint, you can get a ticket or be arrested for wearing shorts or pants that sag to low.

and a few links for your reading pleasure:

New Flint Police Chief David Dicks orders police to crack down on sagging pants

Flint, MI police chief issues guidelines for sagging pants

Flint, Michigan, Cracks Down on Baggy Pants

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by numo16

Augusta GA has a similar law. It was passed a year or two ago.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I believe to each their own. You can not disagree with everything people wear. It just come down to how you respect yourself and others around you. On a side note, a friend of mine who is nurse has notice that young adults who sag their pants have been coming into the hospital with muscle deformities, because of the way they walk which tend to be from side to side rather than a normal stride. So, the muscles in their legs are not developing properly.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tallwater

This woman is actually a racist.

The majority of people who were baggy pants, are of an african american nationality.

So by trying to ban something that is localized in a certain ethnic group, is racist. She must be in the KKK! Or Al Qaida!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
To me it's not a gender or race issue, and while I find it rather unpleasant to look at I have 2 concerns :

1. I don't want my children seeing people's nasty butts hanging out.

2. It's a public health concern.

Yes, if you are willing to hang your cheeks and crack out to the world, who knows what kind of disgusting things have fallen in and live there. And no telling what kind of filth is being spread around every time someone smears their dirty butt on a seat, hand rail, counter, etc. that can be easily transferred to me or my childrens hands without knowing.

I do not want your bare hind end rubbing against me in the mall, or accidentally brushing up against the elevator buttons that someone has to push with their fingers. I don't come up to you and rub my butt around, so please stop rubbing yours on things others might come in contact with.

Seriously, have a little respect for the people around you in the general public, if you want to streak up your own couch at home, I don't care, but have the decency when out and about and pull your damn pants up.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

Even worse with someone that can't dress nicely, their hygiene should be definately in question.

So when they wipe there rarely wiped butt on the handrail, and your child uses the handrail to you know walk without falling.

Then your child has butt germs on their hands, and say they go to yawn.

And almost instantly, what came out of his butt, you child has now ingested.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloist
To me it's not a gender or race issue, and while I find it rather unpleasant to look at I have 2 concerns :

1. I don't want my children seeing people's nasty butts hanging out.

What's even worse, if you flip that sentence around.

Why do people want your kids to see their butts, that's pretty much what their doing.

i'll never understand our societies thought process'.

I want the 1900's back, but with technology of now

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

This woman is actually a racist. The majority of people who were baggy pants, are of an african american nationality.

In the UK,US and other parts of the world,its youngsters of any race that wear them.
Bloody horrible walking around seeing it everywhere.

[edit on 9/7/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

Well in my generalized area.

White teen boys, wear the Girl skinny tight jeans.

Black teen boys, wear baggy jeans and XXXXXXXXXL T-shirts. Why idk.

White girls, wear their hair infront of their faces. Why I still don't know.

Black girls, wear ..... I don't know, I really don't pay attention? Their more unique in what they wear, it's hard to generalize them

This if from my viewpoint, and I see people constantly throughout the day.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Didn't mean it offensively,just for humour with the subject.
Have edited it.

I live right in the center of my town and see plenty of pedestrian traffic.
What's worse is when I'm picking my little one up from school,seeing all the young mums getting there kids all showing there arse and tummies.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
"The 70-year-old Democrat "

Need more be said, in all honesty?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I read an article about this woman in Canton. She said she had been contacted by some of her constituents to address this "problem". I don't know how many have complained to her, but isn't she doing her job to address the concerns of the people in her district? She says she understands this isn't of great concern in comparison to other problems, but, she addressed it. And if a vote comes on this fashion situation and it's voted down, then she has done her job.

Anyway, I just laugh when I see these clowns with the pants waists down below their butts.

And it makes great entertainment on Cops when a thug wearing the low slung pants tries to make a getaway.

It's 90 degrees today where I live. My 7 year old grandson is wearing a long sleeved hoodie, with the hood up. I asked him, "Isn't it rather hot to be wearing that?" And he said he was cold.

A few years back I saw a guy, must have been in his 40's wearing the then style of a pair sweatpants with one leg pushed up to his knee and the other one down to his ankles. I was sitting at a stop light and he walked by with his wife, or girl, whatever. And I saw him and laughed. And his gal said to him, "See? You look like damn fool, Fool!"

Let people wear what styles they want. I remember wearing ripped jeans with patches on them and was considered disgusting in my youth. Most everybody gets over it all eventually. Styles come and go and some, unfortunately, come back again. And so it goes...........

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Justice What a Joke...

Justice? What a joke. Low-rider jeans that are too low? Call 911. Failing to shovel that snow-covered sidewalk? Book ’em. In America today, lawmakers are criminalizing innocent behavior at an alarming rate and undermining our criminal justice system. By Jonathan Turley

Texas Rep. Wayne Smith is tired of hearing about parents missing meetings with their children's teachers. His proposed solution is simple: Prosecute such parents as criminals. In Louisiana, state Sen. Derrick Shepherd is tired of seeing teenagers wearing popular low-rider pants that show their undergarments — so he would like to criminally charge future teenagers who are caught "riding low." (Illustration by Robert Ahrens, USA TODAY) Across the USA, legislators are criminalizing everything from spitting on a school bus to speaking on a cellphone while driving. Criminalizing bad behavior has become the rage among politicians, who view such action as a type of legislative exclamation point demonstrating the seriousness of their cause. As a result, new crimes are proliferating at an alarming rate, and we risk becoming a nation of criminals where carelessness or even rudeness is enough to secure a criminal record.

Dr. Jonathan Turley of George Washington University gives enough of a wake-up call on this topic in his blog at USA Today. Legislators seem to think anything and everything is subject to their legislative whim, while important issues are neglected, things point to the very fabric of our social structure. This kind of lawmaking, as MSM distractions, are the legal front for an embarrassing trend in our very though process. Now willing to live and let live, these sycophants of an unwelcome trend wish to have the world recreated in their own vision, which they never will, at the expense of destroying innocent people.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Besides trying to inforce ppl what to wear, which is ridic, attempting to enforce such a law would be impossible... haha maybe the woman should stop staring at young peoples bottoms

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Okay, I have a problem with droopy pants syndrome because I suffer from an apparently incurable genetic disease call noassatall. Hence, I wear suspenders to keep my pants up and a belt to hold my handgun and my knife.
I personally find droopy pants disgusting, but when I was of the same age, I wore tight pants, paisley shirts and high heeled boots, much to my parents chagrin. We won't even talk about the hair and sideburns.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Personally I don't want a bunch of thugs walking around in plain view with their ass hanging out and pubic hair showing.
If a young black guy does it outside a school he would be classed as a 'gangsta thug' but if an old white guy does it he would be a pervert flasher.
I don't want either doing it, I don't even want young fit good looking girls doing it because I don't want my daughters to grow up thinking its fine to show your arse off.
Buy clothes that fit, if you wear baggy jeans with your shorts hanging over or worse your arse cheeks then you look stupid, not cool, just stupid.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join