It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Activity in North of England - Can anyone theorise on what I am seeing?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicTraveler

Really good work there. Definetly one of the objects Ive been seeing.Sorry about the short reply,nothing more to add at this time.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think the majority are satalites, but I have seen the blicking star (flashing every 5 seconds), it was travelling due south last tuesday 18/8 at about 9.15 pm, and did make me wonder.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Satellites are easily explainable. Its the "stars" that appear to be satellite that suddenly stop, perform manouvers completely impossible by any man-made craft that we know of, and then carry on their way again.

Not forgetting the "stars" that appear to blend in to the background and appear/disappear randomly. I for one beared witness to this only last night myself, I got out my Astro Chart straight away to find the most distinguishable 2 stars in that same region of constellation what it "might" have been, and nothing that could have been the same 2 stars I saw appear and then vanish.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dooleysleftleg

Ay up mate, you are in Chesterfield right? So that's Derbyshire, well most of mine sightings are Derbyshire based too, west Derby 'though, near the Ashbourne, Buxton, Bakewell area, we call it the Buxton Triangle. Those things in my avatar are recorded there, we call them ufo orbs and they can appear as stars or even Chinese Lanterns lol, but they are real and do exist. They are connected to motherships btw, real radiant white motherships so the ufo orbs are defo not Chinese lanterns or marsh gas or fire flies or Doug 'n Dave trying out new pranks.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I'd say myself that the Derbyshire Triangle extends in a range from Leek-Chesterfield as far north as Glossop.
Of course theres other sightings outside this area within the Peak District but the general sightings and waves of Black Helicopters, Triangle Craft, Orbs, Lights, and the more Recent "white light" have all come from within this Triangle.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Yes the Leek/Glossop part of the triangle can not be ignored. Robl240, have have you had any sightings recently? I remember you from three years ago when I was another nickname but lost the codes to log on

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Must be another member. I am close to Buxton though but only recently joined this forum 2 years or so ago.
The last well-documented Sighting I had was the infamous white-light episode back in Spring earlier this year. That UFO disappeared quickly as it came but im always on the lookout for anything thats around. We get the usual Sky Lantern sightings around here but nothing significant to date in the Goyt Valley thats been newsworthy.
Last Night I was fortunate to witness 2 stars appear/disappear overhead as I was watching the clear skies, quite amazing as Ive recently had my vision corrected back to 20/20 and its made a huge difference. Before I could just about distinguish aircraft lights but now I can see everything in the night sky again without the need for binocs or a telescope for optic aid.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Like the sound of the white light. Can you refer me to anything on here or elsewhere reagding this white light?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I've been watching the skies for over 40 years and have learned a few things that will help you understand what you are seeing, for the most part.

Three major factors are in play when you see an artificiable object in the night sky: the positions of the object, sun and observer.

Other factors include the object's own motion, the path of its orbit, and the intrinsic nature of the object.

Most simply, a satellite will reflect sunlight to an earthly observer so long as it is exposed to sunlight and the observer remains in the path of the reflection. Thus, the straight-line lights are merely satellites in sunlight moving across an area from which you can see the reflection. Here, size matters, as the larger the reflective surface, the brighter the reflection.

The lights that brighten, fade out, and reappear are tumbling or rotating. At times, a reflective surface is sunlit, at others it is not. "Iridium flares" are brilliant lights, sometimes visible in daylight, caused by satellites that are at other times completely invisible.

The reason that some of these observations appear to come in "waves" is due to the orbital path of the satellite and the rotation of the Earth. The ISS is visible for days at a time from certain areas, then not at all as its path and the earth's rotation take you out of the field of view for the reflection.

Just as not everyone can witness a total solar eclipse, not everyone can see the same satellites at the same time, and some not at all. Like the moon's shadow in an eclipse, the reflections will appear differently depending on the observers' relative locations to the object and each other.

The objects that appear to change course may be satellites that are maneuverable, or may be a coincidence of the appearance of one satellite as another fades out of sunlight.

An excellent presentation in real time can be found at:"Live
Real Time Satellite Tracking"
www.n2yo.com...

The more familiar you become with the things are belong in the sky, the better able you will be to identify those that do not. An excellent site for determining locations of planets, stars, satellites and other phenomena is "Heavens Above."
www.heavens-above.com...

Taking a little time to learn will pay unlimited dividends in enjoyment and fascination. You may see some things nobody expected, too.

jw

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ive been watching these lights for a couple of months now. Some are satellites but some are not. Last night i saw one that suddenly stopped and do an about turn. A short time later i saw two flying side by side. A few weeks ago me and my wife saw a bright orange object fly overhead. It was silent and had a red light spinning round it on the outside. Before anyone says it, no it wasnt a chinese lantern. Im in Poole,Dorset.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The only problem I have with the Satellite theory is that no satellites can suddenly stop, do a u-turn..whatever manouvers the witness see's (say a complete loop ive heard in one instance) and then carry on again as if nothing had happened.) And many times objects have appeared when its been completely overcast.
Ive seen the ISS more times than I can remember, also Soyuz passes aswell as Shuttle and many Satellite passes. But theres always things I cant explain. What I saw last night cant be explained as a Iridium Flare as no passes were due even 3 hours near the time I saw what I did, and since when has Space Debris/Meteors hanged in the atmosphere for over a minute before disappearing?

I couldnt find the topics btw Orbhunter but if you look around you might find something, the wave was a few months ago so I'd image the forum staff would have deleted the topics to free space as nothing conclusive was ever reached.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by ROBL240]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Right, thank's fo your explanation, now explain those lights appearing above that stone wall in my avatar. Whatever is going down in Indiana, there is some really strange activity going on in the North of England. These are connected to motherships btw

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I have no idea what went in to the creation of your avatar or the sources from which it was derived. "Motherships" means nothing without evidence, "btw."

For a recent, truly unexplained, UFO sighting, google "Kokomo, IN" and "UFO." This involved F-16 intercepts, sonic booms, video and has been the subject of subsequent "documentaries."

Have you even bothered to look at a star chart or web sites for tracking data?

If so, congrats on learning more. It's really simple and enjoyable, isn't it?

If not, you've chosen to live the way and believe the things you do.

Deny ignorance!

jw

[edit on 26-8-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It might be worth taking a look at the skies tonight with recent activity over Scotland, clear skies are forecast once this front has passed and you never know what might be up there anyway

top topics

<< 1   >>

join