It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

57% Say Gun Sales Up Due To Fear of More Gun Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

57% Say Gun Sales Up Due To Fear of More Gun Control

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fifty-seven percent (57%) of Americans say gun sales are up in the United States because of a fear of increased government restriction on gun ownership.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that just 23% say gun sales have risen because of a fear of increased crime.

Twenty-one percent (21%) are not sure. Sixty-three percent (63%) of men say the threat of more gun control is behind increased sales, compared to 51% of women. Fifty-nine percent (59%) of whites agree, while African-Americans are more closely divided on the question.

Similarly, 65% of Republicans and 66% of those not affiliated with either major political party say gun sales are up due to a fear of increased government restriction. But a plurality of Democrats agrees by just 10 points.

I present this thread in the spirit of offering a glimpse into some of the current polling numbers regarding American attitudes on the issue of gun control.

I don't assume that any of the info displayed in this thread will take any ATS folks by surprise.

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Seventy-five percent (75%) of Americans believe the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right of an average citizen to own a gun, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.

Just 14% say gun ownership is not a constitutional right. Eleven percent (11%) are not sure.

Of those with a gun-owner in the household, 89% say the Constitution guarantees a citizen’s right to own a gun. Sixty-four percent (64%) of those without a gun owner in the home agree.

I find it rather disturbing that there is actually a group of those polled(albeit small at 14%) who are not of the opinion that the Constitution GUARANTEES an American citizen's right to possess a firearm.

I wonder if any of these sharp individuals have ever actually READ the Constitution???

And finally, I could not resist including this particular poll number concerning "Congressional Performance" or lack thereof...

Monday, June 29, 2009

Just 18% of U.S. voters now say Congress is doing a good or excellent job, down from 23% in May.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If we assume the American population can be plotted on a typical Bell Curve, these stats clearly indicate a couple of things.

On the tail end of the Bell Curve, we have a dumbass, uneducated, unaware segment of the population that fortunately, is small.

The other thing we see is that they're all Democrats.

I think we've all driven through the neighborhoods and seen the uneducated, the unaware, dumbasses.

This is exactly WHY our forefathers wanted a Republic, and not a Democracy.

Too many dumbasses.

new topics

join