It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery: Life Hardwired in the Universe - The DNA Code

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea2a95697b19.jpg[/atsimg]

A recent mathematical analysis says that life as we know it is written into the laws of reality. DNA is built from a set of twenty amino acids - the first ten of those can create simple prebiotic life, and now it seems that those ten are thermodynamically destined to occur wherever they can.

For those unfamiliar with thermodynamics, it's the Big Brother of all energy equations and science itself. You can apply quantum mechanics at certain scales, and Newtonian mechanics work at the right speeds, but if Thermodynamics says something then everyone listens. An energy analysis by Professors Pudritz and Higgs of McMaster University shows that the first ten amino acids are likely to form at relatively low temperatures and pressures, and the calculated odds of formation match the concentrations of these life-chemicals found in meteorite samples.

www.dailygalaxy.com...

Humans and Aliens might share DNA roots
blog.wired.com...

Interesting stuff indeed.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I like it!

does this mean the DNA guides us to our destinies?
also it might lend support to the fact that perhaps..DNA may well indeed unlock post 2012...
as i truly believe telekinesis,prophetic dreamers(like me),telepathy etc are all parts of new super humans and the fact nearly every country' population on this world is getting taller.. i mean a lot more taller people now than say 100 years ago.. i'm 6'3 with boots on i'm 6'4 those heights and above were virtually unknown a few thousands years ago. i really do think humans are rapidly evolving..

i read somewhere the baby toe isnt needed anymore
there are lots of organs and parts of the body that are useless these days, need to find a list.. :/

good post S&F

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Inrteresting read!
S&F4U

-E-

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I find this very interesting:

The implications are staggering: good news for anyone worried about how we're alone, and bad news for anyone who demands some kind of "Designer" to put life together - it seems that physics can assemble the organic jigsaw all by itself, thank you very much, and has probably done so throughout space since the beginning of everything.

Wouldn't this discovery imply that the universe is the designer of life? Also, it implies that Life is not some random accident.

I have always suspected this and this is in accordance to Buddhism.

Good thread. S&F

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The article is an adventure in stating the obvious. The fact that life is on this planet demonstrates the veracity of the mathematical analysis. The building blocks of life are present in diverse locations of space...Orion Nebula on a grand scale and the Murchison meteorite on a small scale.

Whilst it's always good news to see the probability of life endorsed or further substantiated...the article fails to mention at least 3 decades of research that shared the same conclusions long before. It lends the impression that scientists have been waiting for the math to support the material evidence...not accurate.

There's a website (regrettably called 'kidipede!') for children that describes the wide dispersal of the 20 amino acids...Science for Kids. A 1999 abstract also describes the process...Origin of amino acids in the early solar system

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hi, DNA fans.

We could also consider that:

www.theparacast.com...

There, are good explanations of the "from" and the "shape"
of lifeS. . .

Blue skies.

top topics

join