It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Want To Shoot To Kill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Another site:
One of my favorite pro-gun sites for women.
Cornered Cat

~pre

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
I don't want to take another life! I just don't want to do it...but what if I have to?

Who says you HAVE to? Jeesh we dont live in a world without choices. There are many choices available to you including stun guns, home alarm systems, panic rooms etc etc. Look it up on the internet and stop worrying about killing someone for christs sake. If you dont want to kill someone then DONT. Take steps to protect your family and yourself. I dont own a gun and i dont wander around everyday freaked out like you seem to be, about whether i am going to ever HAVE to kill someone. I made the decision a long time ago i have no issue at all in taking a life if i needed to in order to protect my children. Thats a personal decision i made and one i would have to live with. I can live with it. You do not need others on here or anywhere else telling you what THEY would do in order for you to know what YOU should do. Thats just idiotic. If you cannot make up your own mind on how best to protect your family you need more help than people on here can give. Grow up and do what you need to do for the ones you love.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1

I don't want to take another life! I just don't want to do it...but what if I have to?

Who says you HAVE to? Jeesh we dont live in a world without choices. There are many choices available to you including stun guns, home alarm systems, panic rooms etc etc. Look it up on the internet and stop worrying about killing someone for christs sake. If you dont want to kill someone then DONT. Take steps to protect your family and yourself. I dont own a gun and i dont wander around everyday freaked out like you seem to be, about whether i am going to ever HAVE to kill someone. I made the decision a long time ago i have no issue at all in taking a life if i needed to in order to protect my children. Thats a personal decision i made and one i would have to live with. I can live with it. You do not need others on here or anywhere else telling you what THEY would do in order for you to know what YOU should do. Thats just idiotic. If you cannot make up your own mind on how best to protect your family you need more help than people on here can give. Grow up and do what you need to do for the ones you love.

Thanks for your insight.

Disgust noted.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1

In a perfect world, we could all bend the world to our wills, and those options would always be available.

This is not a perfect world, and they are not always available.

One other note: I do security, consultations and protective services for a living these days. The "home alarm systems" you mention are the biggest joke in the industry, and are nothing more than 'money for nothing' for the folks that run those "services".

Stun guns are nice, as long as you are able to use them (enough bulk or speed against a lightly armed opponent). If the attacker has a gun themselves, or is able to grasp or grapple you, your toast. No nice way to put it.

In 14 years of doing this sort of work, I've yet to run into anyone with enough money for a "panic room", at least not one that would be effective, so I can't really comment on "panic rooms", other than to say that if I'm panicked, locked into a room with no maneuverability is the LAST place I'd want to be. However, that is only a personal preference, not a professional assessment.

[edit on 2009/7/17 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I would try to keep the peace but i wont back down if someone attacks me

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Roger that! I used to install burglar alarms, and I warned my clients that they only kept out the amateurs, any decent pro can disable the best home system in about thirty seconds.

Personally, I prefer to make the other guy panic. So much easier that way to take the non-lethal path. Unfortunately, nonlethal means you gotta do something]/i] with the prisoner. In a SHTF situation, holding prisoners is very likely to get you killed. If they're dangerous enough to to have to disable them, you CAN'T trust them for a second. So you wind up holding slaves, if you make them earn their keep, or freeloaders if you don't.

I'd rather deal with the issue cleanly and shoot them dead from the beginning: anyone worth incorporating into the group won't try to join by attacking it.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Well, bravo to you for being up front with it, and honest with yourself.

What you are fighting with is yet another sucky thign about being an adult. The grown up who is incharge of protecting innocent ones.

Sometimes, doing what you need to do, will cause you to sacrifice what you hold most dear. I dont typically fall into the whole Christian line of thinking but in this instance I do. Sacrificing your life is easy. The biggest sacrifice was when God sacrificed his son so we could live.

What would I be willing to sacrifice for the same? I would never ask my children to sacrifice their lives and God only knows what else that person would do to them in order to save my soul or keep me from feeling bad about taking another life. I WOULD sacrifice my soul for them. I would spend an eternity in hell for taking a life so that my children could live and effect millions of people with their what ever wonderfull things they would do. Because I have faith in them.

Its a crappy job, but someone HAS to do it. Someone HAS to take a stand and stop them for the sake of the innocent.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Someone needs shooting, or it comes to a shooting situation, you better shoot to kill, and shoot more than once.

Dead is good.

Deader is better.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more with you Hazelnut but family comes first for me so I will definitely shoot to kill. However, before that situation arises i will do all in my power to avoid such a situation. How? By disappearing into the woods. I have often heard the phrase "live OFF the land" and I have a reply to that. Unless you are surviving in a fully-stocked blimp you cannot live "off" the land, we must live WITH the land. The difference being that we must return to our "natural" or aboriginal state and use what is available with sustainability in mind. Never over harvesting plant or animal life and living in gratitude for what creation provides for us.
It's difficult but not impossible to go completely offgrid and not simply "survive" but to grow and thrive with lives as fulfilling or even more so than we have now with all our high-tech mind distractions. Learning aboriginal skills isn't terribly difficult but it does take time. patience and practice (something American seem to loathe these days). There's many good books available on the subject with my favorite being Tom Brown's filed guide to wilderness survival.
We are all born with a right to live. Every living creature but man accepts this without question and acts accordingly. Get out in nature and do what it says in JOB 12 - ask the animals and they will teach you. That's why I chose my name. regards.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

I wouldn't fret overmuch about sacrificing my soul and spending eternity in hell.

From My perspective on christianity, it would be immoral to allow innocents to suffer at the hands of the depraved, and more so when it's your own family, that you are charged to protect. The good book says that an individual who fails to take care of their family is worse than an unbeliever. That pretty much says it all for me.

Likewise, if one has to shoot invaders, particularly in a situation where medical help is likely to be unavailable, it would be immoral to shoot to just hurt, thus causing them untold suffering. It doesn't hurt the case that a dead man has a much more difficult time shooting back than one that's hurt and ticked off about it.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
There's many good books available on the subject with my favorite being Tom Brown's filed guide to wilderness survival.

Tom Brown has a whole series, of which that one is part. They're all extremely valuable regarding living in nature, and I highly recommend them. An important key is to not just read them, but get out in it and PRACTICE before you have to live it.

[edit on 2009/7/19 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I recall Abraham going on the warpath.

And David, "a man after God's own heart" was a warrior.

And don't forget Joshua.

God being the same today, as yesterday, and tomorrow, you can get a real good idea of how God feels about fighting if you just open both books, New and Old, and find out for yourself.

He don't care much for fence-straddlers either. "Because you were neither hot nor cold, but lukewarm, I will spew you out of my mouth."

Seems He can forgive someone who does something wrong, but doesn't have a lot of patience with those who do nothing.

Ours is a God of action.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
prepare for location. defend location. walk the middle path. speak no more about what might happen, train to be in the moment at all times and treat your environment with positivity.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I find this all quite strange .

frankly speaking , killing is actualy quite easy .
never worry about the first one... its when it gets easy that you have a problem .

the single most dangerious being , is a women whos children are placed in danger .

if you wish to see a killer in action , that is where to start .
men in battle never think , they don't have the time .

a women whos children are in danger will act swiftly , cold , violently and with out hesitation .

out think your enemy to out live him , calm is the hall mark of survivor .

guns as a rule , are most dangerious when they are poorly understood , and more likly to be used when in the hands of someone afraid of them .

advice in their use is easy . go to a gun range , do not out think your self ... just go ...
if you need a reason to go... take a conceiled hand gun permit class , or a gun safty class ... and be in the moment .

put your attitudes , idea's and personal feelings in your pocket , leave them there untill your at home ... then think about what you have learned .

tacticaly. " I was afraid for my life or the life of another. I want to speak to an attornie " is the first rule of personal defense .

this is the conceptual foundation of self defense .

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join