It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newark Mayor Encourages Snitches to Turn In Gun Owners

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Jenna,
That's true but...it's usually previous felons that have stolen them in the first place and, in turn, sell them to others that have records. I have to agree though. I should have maybe added that!!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

In some of the states in the North East there is no such thing as legal gun ownership unless you are rich or well connected.

New York City and Newark being prime examples.

Gun ownership has been turned into a right by the rich who tell the poor that guns are dangerous and have no place in our lives yet the rich almost always have them.

Gun control advocates play on the foolishness and emotions of people.

Its like the people who tell us to invest in the stock market, seems they got out in time, did the rest of America?

Now the same people are saying we must give up our guns, I say if you want my guns come and get them, I promise you that it will be an event you will never forget.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I am what you could call a "gun dude", but all my guns are legal. I dont think people should have weapons that are illegal, but this is just BULLCRAP!!

I also do not support snitches whatsoever (unless they are snitching on murderers or rapists)..

This is just going to cause all kinds of ruckus with people reporting guns that arent even illegal... and so on.

Peace.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Very true but people who live in fear because all the thugs have guns are turned into felons themselves once they make the decision to get some protection.

My father spent the first five years of my life behind bars because he used an unlicensed firearm to end the life of man who had shot him while my father was driving a cab, although the gun was unlicensed my father purchased it legally while living in a different state.

The man shot my father because he would not give up the cash that would have been used to pay the rent.

He was never charged with anything other than the unlawful possession of a firearm as the death of the man that shot was classified as justifiable homicide.

Does this seem fair?

We all suffered because the bread winner was gone and my mother had to beg and collect public assistance while I grew up in poverty because NYC decided that my father was a felon for the simple act of having the capacity to save his life.

I hate the gun grabbers with a passion because they ruined my childhood and their only purpose is to leave the good honest hard working people of America defenseless from criminals and an ever abusive government.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Well Brother they are trying to get our weapons, they fear legal weapons far more than illegal weapons simply because our weapons can be used to stop all the things they love, such as crime and tyranny.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
While I agree with most of the posts in this thread, I have to also state that Newark, NJ is quickly becoming as dangerous as Detroit and New Orleans.

The rate of crimes and gangs has grown exponentially in the last few years.

Booker was elected to change all of this -- and it's only gotten worse. This is their last ditch effort to reign in the rampant crime.

Not 15 minutes away from Newark is an area of great wealth. In fact, much of Newark is surrounded by it and unfortunately the crime is now spreading to surrounding counties.

With some of the highest property taxes in the country, many of the people are now leaving since the taxes are still going up but so is the crime.

Edit to add: I am in no way justifying our 2nd Amendment being nullified. I am just saying that frankly Newark does need some over-hauling.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by lpowell0627]

Ever heard of fair economic oppertunity and an effective court system that acutally punishes those who need to be punished?

I forgive you if you havent as if you less than 60 you probably (like me) have never seen such thing.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by samhouston1886
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Well Brother they are trying to get our weapons, they fear legal weapons far more than illegal weapons simply because our weapons can be used to stop all the things they love, such as crime and tyranny.

My thoughts exactly. These anti-gun crusaders make me sick to my stomach. Most of them arent even "anti gun", they just have an agenda and preaching against guns fits right into that agenda..,.

Sickening.

They dont want us to defend ourselves when they force their control upon us. I can safely say that I WILL defend myself and my wife and child. They WILL NOT take my weapons and they especially wont control me or my fam.

And I read your other post, I'm sorry about what happened to your father. That is a perfect example of how f'ing BACKWARDS this anti gun crap is.

This subject literally boils my blood...grrrrr!

Peace.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sloppy
Im not an ass, im just saying that this would probably work.

But knowing the gun is illegal, you would only turn them in if you were paid to do so, not to prevent illegal use of that illegal gun, not because it would lead to the source... and not if it was a friend..

but as you say "Im not an ass"

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by samhouston1886

How does stating that Newark needs to be over-hauled in order to curb the rampant rate of crime and gang activity equate to throwing our rights out the window?

If you had read my post, you would have noticed that I am in no way supporting a gun ban or the removal of said guns from anyone other than criminals.

I am fully aware that taking guns away from good, responsible CITIZENS, does nothing but leave the criminals fully armed.

Lastly, as a person extremely familiar with Newark, I stand by what I said. Newark can not be allowed to simply deteriorate. If having people turn in illegal gun owners helps to turn the situation around, I am all for it.

Finally, I support the legal ownership of guns. I do not support the illegal ownership of guns. So, if you carry and have a permit and all of the other necessary paperwork -- what are you worried about? Someone can come to my house and question anything they want -- i can assure you that all of my i's are dotted and t's crossed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join