It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kind of temporary blindness?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Sometimes when i get up , from the bed , or from a chair , I get almost blind for some seconds , and my head gets really hot , but it doesn’t hurt and I feel a little dizzy.

This has been happening to me for years

So , what causes this?
Is it something I should worry about?
Is it common and happens to a lot of people?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
First of all get to a doctor. Dont consult anyone here. There is a chance that lots of false information might get to you. So, get to a doctor ASAP.

Thats all.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dracodie

Yes, see a physician asap. This is not normal and is more than likely due to LOW blood pressure. Not good.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
thanks , for the replies.
Strange is that everytime i went to a doctor they allways said i was perfectly healthy , how could they have missed that.

Im going to see if i go to the hospital.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
That use to happen to me and my bro, and to a certain extent still does. My blood pressure when it was worst was 105/70, which is at the bottom end of the 'normal' spectrum. I wouldn't think it is anything dangerous however you should go see a doctor about it.

I think it's because when you quickly stand up the blood rushes from your head so you can actually loose conciousness. Try forcing blood back into your head - I do this by blocking my throat (as if I were holding my breath), and then trying to breathe out while straining my abdominal muscles. Do this as you're getting up and for a few seconds after you get up.

And also try getting up slowly. If getting up from bed, try sitting up for a minute or two before you get up.

I've actually seen people "G-loc" at 1g.hahahaha.

[edit on 10/7/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Thanks for the tips.

What worries me is that i want to join the paratroopers army in my country , and i dont know if this can be prevent me from passing the medicals , and joining them.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dracodie

I highly doubt it would. Tons of people feel dizzy when they quickly stand up. If you feel this is severe then you should go see a doctor however.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I've had this for years. It's orthostatic hypotension (at least in my case). It means that when I change positions quickly (from lying to standing) my blood pressure drops.

If I stay well hydrated and get up slowly, it doesn't happen. My "normal" resting blood pressure is 90/60 which is textbook "shock" but for me it's normal. Still, it's low and certain concessions have to be made.

If you have a "borderline low" blood pressure when you go to the doctor, also check to see what the heart rate is. If it also is low, you might want to ask your doctor to check your thyroid level.

top topics

join