It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist Baffled by Land Uplifted in Alaska - Nothing to Explain it

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

haha awesome, without humour on this site (and "real" life), I would go crazy.

I'll have the veal..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Nice find Questioningall.

It's a very interesting article about an uplift of land on the coastal area of Alaska without seismic detection occurring. Tonga is creating land also. 2012 looms in my mind and makes me wonder if there is a connection and how much more land is going to rise and sink during this 2012 era.

Questioningall I'll accept these two occurrences as part of the Web Bot prediction even though they are a little on the cloudy side of the prediction.

link   
Also worth noting that I'm seeing magnetospheric flaring on the RTMS and increasing pressure behind the magnetopause, so it looks like North America is about to take some energy - so everyone watching seismos keep an eye out, I'll post any changes of note..

Maybe today we can document a correlation..

link   
thats just an hours drive away from me... maybe i should go down there and take some pictures.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Please do! Looking at graphs and charts is informative and all, but you don't "get a feeling" like actually going and checking out out! Your first hand observations and pictures could prove invaluable for their insight.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yeah thanks again questioningall. I don't think I'd have learned as much as I have if it weren't for the insight provided by some of your threads and posts.
(S&F's and a drink all around!)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkice19
I watched the video of the earth growing theory. When the earth was smaller and all the contenants were together where was all the water?

icy meteorite brought it or natural process of heat/plants/moisture/clouds over millions/billions of years?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is not my area, but I have some thoughts. Possible upwelling due to seismic activity, movement of water or methane. I would be interested as to any seismic activity in the area.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

That would be an AWESOME IDEA!!

Would love to see photos from it!!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

The article says there have been swarms around there - BUT only a 7.0 quake would be reasonable to think it was from Earthquakes.

I can't imagine what it would have been like - standing around there - when land began to just rise up - the noise had to have been tremendous but the sight of something like that would be awe inspiring.

Wow - imagine what a video of that would be like!! Talk about going viral!!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
"...a coast-line of mingled mud, ooze, and weedy Cyclopean masonry which can be nothing less the tangible substance of earth's supreme terror — the nightmare corpse-city of R'lyeh." - "Call of Cthulhu", H.P Lovecraft

Sorry couldnt resist.

But seriously, I always find these strange geological happenings interesting, if for no more reason then they often constitute that much more evidence towards the reality of catastrophism.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the earthquake in the northpole

Magnitude 6.1
Date-Time

* Tuesday, July 07, 2009 at 19:11:45 UTC
* Tuesday, July 07, 2009 at 02:11:45 PM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 75.325°N, 72.312°W
Depth 10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program
Region BAFFIN BAY
Distances 170 km (105 miles) SW of Qaanaaq (Thule), Greenland
315 km (195 miles) ESE of Grise Fiord, Nunavut, Canada
1455 km (910 miles) NNW of NUUK (GODTHAB), Greenland
3330 km (2070 miles) N of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 3.8 km (2.4 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST=216, Nph=216, Dmin=>999 km, Rmss=0.98 sec, Gp= 58°,
M-type=centroid moment magnitude (Mw), Version=T
Source

* USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID us2009iubh

maybe as it was underwater may have had an effect ..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think all earthquakes are related, no?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think its pretty obvious that the earth is experiencing some sort of "structure" shift. I have a theory that over time the core or near core area expends a seizable amount of material. Due to the spinning forces this body makes its way to the earths surface to cause havoc on any life forms unlucky to be in existence at the time.

The reason I came to this conclusion was an article that was in The Boston Herald in the 1980s. A small section just inside the front page was dedicated to paragraph long science stories. One was that several countries triangulated an underground nuclear test by a 4th country. The triangulation of location also resulted in the discovery of a smaller core off the side of the earths main core. If anyone has access to older data of the Boston Herald this might be worth exploring!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by IntelRetard

You mean like a truck tire separating and spinning off on the highway?

Lunch at my desk, again..

[edit on 9-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

hey headphonez, i didnt think i could u2u you this picture, so i am just posting it in this thread, this is the area with lat/long, on the bottom.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63dec14a844a.jpg[/atsimg]

sorry for the crude circle, i have never claimed to be artistically gifted

[edit on 7/9/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The Webb bot, right on the money once again, thanks for the information. And to you all, "Prepare for the future"

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yay ok so I think it is 59.683341,-151.665573

So time to check the seismos ...

OK no data here: aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Sorry, telemetry data are presently unavailable for this station

No data ... here: aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

And no magno data, either?

And no ground facing satellite since it was classified by DoD..

Tax dollars at work I guess...

(still digging)

[edit on 9-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWatcher11
The Webb bot, right on the money once again, thanks for the information. And to you all, "Prepare for the future"

What did the webbot predict and when?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think it was actually just Chuck Norris doing a push-up on the other side of the earth.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join