It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan - The real reason for the war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
There was another post asking why the US and UK are fighting in Afghanistan. I never posted this before because I assumed that most people knew the reasons.

Seems the history of the East India Co. the Bank of England and the Rothchilds should be more studied.

I am not going to go into every detail - but this is a bit of a summary. I suggest people go and have a look at the history of China (Opium Wars), India, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

India was a British possession for many years - and produced most of the worlds opium way back when. Englands monarchy benefited from the opium and slave trade for many years - which was conducted by a few powerful companies with private armies.

Here's some info;

Wikipedia>>

In 2007, 93% of the opiates on the world market originated in Afghanistan.

Link>>en.wikipedia.org...

Thousands of US Marines poured into Afghanistan's southern Helmand province this week to take the battle against the Taliban to the foe's stronghold. But in a startling departure from decades of US anti-drug policy, eradicating Helmand's massive opium poppy crop will not be part of their larger mission.

Link >> stopthedrugwar.org...

So the US went into Afghanistan - but didn't destroy any of the opium. In fact, the opium crops had been totally destroyed by the Taliban - as indicated below by Wikipedia.

But in 2000 the Taliban banned opium production, a first in Afghan history. In 2000, Afghanistan's opium production still accounted for 75% of the world's supply. On 27 July 2000, the Taliban again issued a decree banning opium poppy cultivation. According to opioids.com, by February 2001, production had been reduced from 12,600 acres (51 km2) to only 17 acres (7 ha).[77] When the Taliban entered north Waziristan in 2003 they immediately banned poppy cultivation and punished those who sold it.

Mullah Amir Mohammed Haqqani, the Taliban's top drug official in Nangarhar, said the ban would remain regardless of whether the Taliban received aid or international recognition. "It is our decree that there will be no poppy cultivation. It is banned forever in this country," he said. "Whether we get assistance or not, poppy growing will never be allowed again in our country."

However, with the 2001 US/Northern Alliance expulsion of the Taliban, opium cultivation has increased in the southern provinces liberated from the Taliban control,[79] and by 2005 production was 87% of the world's opium supply,[80] rising to 90% in 2006.

Link >>en.wikipedia.org...

The Taliban destroyed the opium crops in 2000, resulting in a 94% decline in opium production that year - so the US sent troops in against the Taliban immediately - the pretext? Finding Osama Bin Laden.

Osama of course had been working for the CIA, and arming the Taliban who were used by the US to defeat the Soviets - this was a war over the opium trade.

Although there is no evidence that the CIA directly supported the Taliban or Al Qaeda, some basis for military support of the Taliban was provided when, in the early 1980s, the CIA and the ISI (Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence agency) provided arms to Afghans resisting the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, and the ISI assisted the process of gathering radical Muslims from around the world to fight against the Soviets.[18] Osama Bin Laden was one of the key players in organizing training camps for the foreign Muslim volunteers. The U.S. poured funds and arms into Afghanistan, and "by 1987, 65,000 tons of U.S.-made weapons and ammunition a year were entering the war."

Link>en.wikipedia.org...

This last excerpt is fairly biased and incorrect - there is a ton of evidence that the CIA created Al Qaeda, and supported the Taliban with Osama as their primary agent. I think Osama probably had a change of heart when he saw what it was all about - not freeing Afghanistan - but clearing it to improve profits from the drug trade. His loyalty probably changed when he started seeing all the dead children from US bombings.

So how are the Rothschilds involved in opium? Well, they have a long and noble tradition of dealing drugs at gunpoint to the world.

The Jewish Encyclopedia of 1905, states that Sassoon expanded his opium trade into China and Japan. He placed his eight sons in charge of the various major opium exchanges in China. According to the 1944 Jewish Encyclopedia: "He employed only Jews in his business, and wherever he sent them he built synagogues and schools for them. He imported whole families of fellow Jews. . . and put them to work."

In the new "Peace Treaty" of Oct.25, 1860, the British were assigned rights to vastly expanded opium trade covering seven-eights of China, which brought in over 20 million pounds in 1864 alone. In that year, the Sassoons imported 58,681 chests of opium and by 1880 it had skyrocketed to 105,508 chests making the Sassoons the richest Jews in the world. England was given the Hong Kong peninsula as a colony and large sections of Amoy, Canton, Foochow, Ningpo and Shanghai.

This is kind of round-about involvement, I will find better links in a sec - but here is one for a start.

Sassoon married Aline Caroline de Rothschild in 1887 which linked their fortune with that of the Rothschilds.

link>Bah - can't use that link - look it up anyhow.

Following the Battle of Plassey in 1757, in which Britain annexed Bengal to its empire, the British East India Company pursued a monopoly on production and export of Indian opium.

Link>en.wikipedia.org...

Mayer Amschel Rothschild sent some of William's money to his son Nathan in London, and according to the Jewish Encyclopedia: "Nathan invested it in 800,000 pounds of gold from the East India Company..

The links between Rothschilds and the East India Co. are fairly well known.

Anyhow - the opium was grown initially in India - but spread to Pakistan, when the British were evicted from India - most of the opium was by that stage grown in Afghanistan - where it continues today.

The CIA are under the direct control of the Rothschilds - and they organize the refinement, both in Afghanistan, but also Columbia - and the supply into the US. Of course the US isn't the only market - I don't know anything about the trade in Europe.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The info I have posted is really just the surface - if you want to understand it you should research it yourselves.

There are also issues with oil both in Afghanistan and also the need to run pipelines through it - but I havne't included those issues because I think opium is the most important and pressing reason.

The East India CO basically WAS Britain for many years - if you look up their flag you can see that it was also used as the model for the American flag.

These guys controlled Englands wealth using the Bank of England - they still do, in exactly the same way as the wealth of the US is controlled by the Federal Reserves controllers.

The corporations had huge private armies - but because they had been given a charter by the Crown - they had to initially pay off the monarchy - this changed when they basically took it over later on.

These corporations grew on slave and opium trades - Africa, China and India were the main sources of wealth - and they invaded in force - you have to realize that the guys who put all this into place handed it down to their sons - the slave trade was abolished (apparently) - but opium is still producing a strong income.

In the same way they used the armies of England to fight the Chinese, they now use the armies of the US to fight for them in Afghanistan, Iraq and anywhere else they need to kill people to make money.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The UK were awarded Hong Kong as a result of the Opium wars as compensation. The Chinese tried to ban the sale of opium as it was destroying their country. The war was the result of this ban. The opium was sold to balance the trade imbalance from tea and spices from China. The US, France, Uk and Dutch were also all involved in earlier wars over access rights to the Chinese markets.

Pakistan was only created as the British left India - it was the final act and was carried out under Lord Mount Batton.

Columbia and south America are not opium growing regions - they are coc aine growing....

Further the traditional heartland of Opium Growing has been Aghanistan for literally centuries - it is known as the Golden triangle - it is the home of the opium poppy. From there right through the great plains into the middle east - this is the very home of the drug - it followed the yellow / silk road as part of the worlds greatest trade route - NOT India -

Just thought I'd sort out a few mistakes.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Nice thread you have presented.

It makes me wonder what it's going to take for us as a populace to realize these elite families like the Rothschilds and Rockefellers have caused much misery to us and our ancestors throughout history. I'm no advocate of violence, but I do believe there is more of us than them. There is power in numbers and ultimately we are the ones with the power, not them. The world might be a better place without their influence...or would someone else just take their place?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Nice OP. I can honestly say I never really considered that. It also makes you wonder about the huge amounts of contracted mercenaries in the area. Perhaps they have an easier time smuggling those drugs out of the country so they can be distributed elsewhere in the world.

But I still feel there were other reasons for going to Afghanistan. I can only speculate on what they may be, but I also don't find it a coincidence that the two countries we invaded for the "war on terror" happen to border Iran.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Yes nice work,the pieces certainly fit.
The only slight problem is the wikipedia refs,i know some on here pour scorn on wiki.
Still good job,certainly worth further investigation.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
OP your thread is very coincidental since a few weeks ago MSM did a little news story on how the loving and caring US military was in Afghanistan destroying the evil opium fields and replacing them with pomegranates to supply the world with its wonderful nutrition and at the same time help make Afghan farmers wealthy since theres more demand for the fruit over the drug...wow I gagged just like I did when I saw the news story. It is safe to say our military invasions have nothing to do with terrorism. OIL, DRUGS, and just cause we can. That my friends is why we are at war. The only threat to America is ... America. GREAT JOB OP! Opening closed eyes a little more.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
So you are saying that US armed forces are nothing more than henchmen for the world drug cartel?! I think most people would think I was insane if I repeated that out loud to anyone.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by max.is.awake

www.ens-newswire.com...

Evidently everything has become the exact opposite of what it was in 2007 (yeah right)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I am sure there are plenty of sheep in military costumes who think they are doing the world a favor. But to say only the CIA is involved in the drug trade is like saying Bush Jr and Bill Clinton were the ones calling the shots. Bush Sr got his 3rd term and Hillary has already been President. And if one soldier can rape a boy in front of his mother I think I can safely say some soldiers are not only protecting those opium fields but also partaking. And then finds a boy to rape in front of his mother as well. Be All That You Can Be. And get paid while being it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Reply to post by maus80

Thanks for the link. I knew the story NBC showed a couple of weeks ago was bogus. Must be hard on a soldier protecting opium fields. Either way its common knowledge and everyday gab that the US is a contributor to the drug and weapons and slave trades.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hi
I was the person who started the other thread, big thanks for your explanation......it feels right.

I was really flummoxed for an answer ,once again thanks

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by maus80

Like I said, we are just mercenaries with a pretty name.

top topics

join