It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all Michael Jackson haters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I watched the entire funeral because MJ was so big and I grew up with watching him as I'm just a few years younger.

It is a point in time that is as big as when Elvis died as well as John Lennon death.

I think allot of the people that don't like MJ are people that are jealous of his mega success and that's multiplied by those who are racists.

Bottom line is he was just a human being that we all were familiar with, so it's just like a family member dying and if you're human at all his daughter's speech and her cry's will move you.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I have to wonder if he was more idolized over seas more so than in the US..It seems to be the case on here atleast anyways..i geuss when you live in country that churns out singers and actors like their on conveyer belt, you seem not to idolize so much,and see them as just people who can sing, dance or act well..

He was a great singer,but passed that he was one screwed up person..

There is no denying the fact he had problems,wether be it drugs, or others like being a pedophial..But when you look deeper into MJ the two look more plausable as time goes on..

i for one wouldnt want my kids olone with him..i just hope he is remembered as his true self,a very troubled person,not a saint the media and others are spawning him of as..I think the medias role in his death is being played by some powerfull people to make sure he is remembered as a saint..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cool Breeze
Well if we are going to rant lets rant shall we? I could not care less about MJ dying, has nothing to do with the accusation that were made. Death is one of the only certain things in life, that and taxes
(God I love that quote). From the day we are born we only creep closer and closer to death, no one should fear it but everyone should try and embrace it.

The thing that makes me so unbelievably upset is the fact that over 17,000 people had absolutely nothing better or more productive to do with their lives than be at the funeral of someone they did not personally know. Yes I realize his music "touched"
so many people and blah blah blah but come on there is much bigger stuff we should be worried about rather than a celebrity's death.

I am not going to lie, I have seen some parts of the funeral. IMHO it was a three ring circus. When I heard some of the things that were said about him, they sounded very very similiar to what people said about Ray Charles, Kurt Kobain, and every other substantial musician that has ever lived.

People come on, it is time we stop wasting our time on "celebrities" and start living our own lives... what am thinking, half the country is obsessed with the hills. It useless

[edit on 02/04/2009 by Cool Breeze]

The point I was trying to make was that from listening to the kind words people said about him you can get a feel for his character.

That character does not appear to be in any shape or form a peadophile, although as someone said above that doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't.

I agree there are more important things to worry about other than Michael Jacksons death and have said as much above.

However, his death is significant to his fans and to the music world.

You say we should stop wasting our time on celebs yet in the next breath admit you have watched parts of the funeral?

If his death doesn't bother you then fair play, if you find it a mundane as a fly sitting on ceiling then again fair enough.

One question though, did you find it stupid that 33 million people in the US watched Princess Diana's funeral?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

Originally posted by Ignorance Denied
Bollocks, the only reason he got away with the first one is because he paid the family off, he's a nonse..

If you were a parent who undeniably thought MJ had fiddled with your kids....would you take money rather than see justice served and him thrown in jail? either a) the parents simply thought money was more important or b)They knew it was all nonsense.

That my friend is spot on!

Star for you.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
I watched the entire funeral because MJ was so big and I grew up with watching him as I'm just a few years younger.

It is a point in time that is as big as when Elvis died as well as John Lennon.

I think allot of the people that don't like MJ are people that are jealous of his mega success and that's multiplied by those who are racists.

Bottom line is he was just a human being that we all were familiar with, so it's just like a family member dying and if you're human at all his daughter's speech and her cry's will move you.

Ok first off I didn't like the guy at and I am not jealous of his "mega" success (I would not trade his success and mental problems for my success and my mental capacity)
nor am I a racist (thank you for trying to make me sound like one though), so lets put down the brush and stop trying to say that just because someone did not give two sh*ts about him dying that it makes them a bad person.

Second thing is, sorry the speech didn't even make my throat dry. Hey she is just like every other single person who has ever lived. Of course she is going to have a hard time speaking and her father's funeral.

Quit making it such a dramatic experience and get a hobby, youre in the northwoods, try hunting its fun

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

He was a very toubled person but maybe the child sex allegations caused this?

I'm pretty sure that those claims destroyed Jackson, he was already mentally fragile.

Then you've got to look at what his Dad was like with him as a child.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Cool Breeze

Maybe if you read more into the story of Michael Jackson you would find his death more emotional. But like I said, if it doesn't bother you then fair enough.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Yes I have seen parts of the funeral, how could I not???? It is on every single channel and most big websites. I didn't look it up, put in my schedule so I would not miss it at all, didn't even google it, clips just popped up on my TV screen during dinner. God I hate MSM

As for your question, I did not care about that either. Didn't care about the quarterback who was killed in a murder suicide, didn't care about Anna Nicole, didn't even care about Farrah Fawcett(?not sure if I spelled that one right lol?). To put so much emphasis and energy on someone who has (come on lets face it) not done all that much to progress humanity, is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I don´t hate Michael Jackson. Im just sick and tired of hearing about one man dying, BUH HUH HUH. 32000 chidren die every single day, and you don´t hear nobody crying over that fact. Just a reallity check....

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thealiveone

THANK YOU!!! Perspective people... PERSPECTIVE!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Michael Jackson was an exceptionally tallented muscician. His dance routines were second to none and, as far as I know, he always encouraged new ideas and methods.

My problem with Michael Jackson was, on the face of it and according to the press, he was an alleged and unconvicted paedophile.

Whether or not he did in fact commit sexual acts with children, is still open to debate because, we will never know. We were not there in his house when he had children as guests.

One thing I do know however is, that no right minded parent would ever give their child to a suspected kiddie-fiddler. Ever!

Now, Michael Jackson is dead, but his music and dance will live on.

He was not a God! Get over it!

[edit on 9-7-2009 by fritz]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Haha, had to laugh at your comment about it being on every channel.

Well you sound a little selfish to be honest, theres more to life than only caring about progressing humanity as a whole.

But I could argue that Jackson, did in fact, progress humanity:

Jackson had a notable impact on music and culture throughout the world. He broke down racial barriers, transformed the art of the music video and paved the way for modern pop music in his own country.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

How can he break down racial barriers by making himself white. I kind of found that to be a little racist myself don't you think, kind of like he didn't feel right about being black or something?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I have read a lot of hate filled posts about MJ on the forum…most making unfounded allegations of child abuse. There are many forms of child abuse and having to live day in day out with a parent who has such a level of hatred, ignorance and negativity and a need to express it, is as abusive and dangerous to a child as any physical act and can have severe repercussions. At least MJ appeared to have love in his heart, messed up as he was, but it does make me wonder if that is remotely true of some of the posters on this forum, and I would not wish a child of mine anywhere near these people…lol
I don’t really understand being a hard core fan of anyone. But that being said, memorials are there so that we get to honour that person’s life and say farewell. With the exposure some stars get and the fact that some have grown up with MJ featuring in their lives; people feel they know the person and wish to pay their respects too. Nothing wrong with that and the memorial was very moving and emotional and I would be worried about anyone who did not get emotional watching that. It’s just a shame that everyone in the world does not get that sort of send off.
For those who say he did nothing in the world, well he gave a lot of pleasure to millions…hardly a small feat.
The nonsense of the world was still going on the day before and the day after, per usual, so I don’t understand what we all missed because of a few hours screening a memorial to someone who gave millions years of pleasure with his music. And as most of what the media report is just lies anyway, why does anyone feel we needed to hear more lies? Hmm? Even if there’s something important going on, I am sure most of us can hold two thoughts in our heads at any one time…or am I being overly optimistic there?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

He didn't make himself white, he suffered from a disease called Vitiligo

What about this then for progressing humanity:

During the trip he invited underprivileged children to watch for free and gave donations to hospitals, orphanages and other charities.

The show was in support of the non-profit organization War Child, and raised a million dollars for the refugees of Kosovo, as well as additional funds for the children of Guatemala

Later that month, Jackson organized a set of "Michael Jackson & Friends" benefit concerts in Germany and Korea. Other artists involved included Slash, The Scorpions, Boyz II Men, Luther Vandross, Mariah Carey, A. R. Rahman, Prabhu Deva Sundaram, Shobana Chandrakumar, Andrea Bocelli and Luciano Pavarotti. The proceeds went to the "Nelson Mandela Children's Fund", the Red Cross and UNESCO

I could go on... Michael Jackson wasn't simply a singer, he did alot for humanity.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

Another quality post, agree with everything you said.

Star for you.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Whoa. Stop the presses.

Who said we all have to like Michael Jackson?

I reserve the right to not like anyone I choose. That does not mean I Hated him.

I loved his music and videos.

What he showed me was an African American that used plastic surgery to change his features to make him look Caucasian.

That made him look like a traitor to his own race.

Give everyone the option to not be a Michael Jackson fan.

To me he was a poor role model for anyone.

Also, how does anyone know he only had sex once time in his life. That was an ignorant statement. If he only had sex once then I'm the Virgin Mary.

Why should that be an issue anyway. This is all sickening to me.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I never said you had to like him, the thread was aimed at people who specifically show dislike or hate towards Michael Jackson.

Usually this stems from unfounded child sex allegations that were never proven...

I have already stated that Jackson did not use plastic surgery to change his skin colour, he was suffering from a disease called Vitiligo

Maybe I'm wrong regarding the sex statement but he was described by a doctor as a regressed ten year old boy. The doctor also said he was incapable of abusing a child due to this fact.

Michael Jackson a poor role model? Are you kidding? He's probably inspired more people on this earth than anyone else in the music world!

[edit on 9/7/09 by Death_Kron]

[edit on 9/7/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

this just shows you how far the lines of being PC have been blurred..If you dont like a person you hated them,and if there another color,particularly of of darker skin,your automaticly lumped into the group of white supremecy and chewing on your cud..

Amongst that there are another million reasons to not like someone other then there race..maybe his voice annoyed you,or his surgeons mask..

Or the fact he dangled his newborn over a rail on a second storys..many reasons not to like MJ..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I personally have 'Off The Wall' and 'Thriller' on my music player. I think he was a phenomenal music writer and performer in his early days. But then everything went to pot soon after. Whether anything illegal happened, I don't know. But those 'under the table' payout to the families of those little boys he slept with is suspect of such.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join