It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are we fighting in Afghanistan??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
At the moment all we hear in the news at the moment in England is about the war in Afghanistan (could be because there seems to be a soldier dying almost every day)

Why are the English and the American governments so desperate to win a war there? I know its supposed to be about the war on terror,but its been going on a long time,I'm in my sixties and my granddad was fighting there many moons ago.

What i want to know is the war because of terrorists or something else is there some other agenda,and if so what is it .

I have tried to fathom out why but cannot even begin to imagine what the reason is.......Underground alien bases, A safe place to be when Nibiru comes around(you know hiding in caves) WHY is England and America so interested in Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
they are trying to find Osama

but 9/11 was a inside job

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Bin Laden and The Taliban.

www.infoplease.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
middleeast.about.com...

The people who need our continued support, regardless of opinion, are our Armed Forces, particularly those who have been injured.

www.helpforheroes.org.uk...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Thats easy!
the plotted oil pipelines go through there
www.newgreatgame.com...
click on 'planned oil' and gas and you will see where the yellow brick roads lead
Not to mention the next country on the list

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Bin Laden and The Taliban.

www.infoplease.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
middleeast.about.com...

The people who need our continued support, regardless of opinion, are our Armed Forces, particularly those who have been injured.

www.helpforheroes.org.uk...

the people who need our continual support are the innocent Afghan civillians, lets not forget them. Children dying just because they happen to be born Afghan.

I'm not sure how I stand on the war. The taliban are a bunch of evil bas%$$$ who need to be dealt with. is there any other way than a war?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Canada is there as well. I'm not sure why, i have pondered about going over there, but thought that would be a bad idea.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Of course the innocent Afghans have suffered, particularly at the hands of The Taliban who were brutal and barbaric in their treatment of those who did not support them.

I do not want to go off thread and turn this into a 'Support Our Troops' thread, I just wanted to take the opportunity to try and raise awareness of Help The Heroes, a most worthy organisation in my book.
Perhaps that should be for another thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Of course the innocent Afghans have suffered, particularly at the hands of The Taliban who were brutal and barbaric in their treatment of those who did not support them.

I do not want to go off thread and turn this into a 'Support Our Troops' thread, I just wanted to take the opportunity to try and raise awareness of Help The Heroes, a most worthy organisation in my book.
Perhaps that should be for another thread.

That's fair, It's a job I would never be able to do and our Forces are the most professional in the world. It's a tragedy we've lost 7 in the last week. And our government continues to put them in harms way without the resources they need is a disgrace.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Indeed, successive governments have under-funded our Armed Forces yet they still remain the most professional and amongst the most effective.
Some of our politicians should be charged with conspiracy to murder due to this under-funding resulting in poor and at times no equipment.
Criminal indeed.

I get a lot of squaddies in my pub.
2 weeks ago some Welsh lads who are in training with The Welsh Guards were in along with a Sergeant.
They had a great time and I had a good craic on with a few of them.
A Welsh Guard was killed on Monday in Afghanistan.
It could have been any one of these, normal but brave lads.

That they recieve such treatment in some places is tantamount to treason in my humble opinion.

It is the politicians that deserve our derision and contempt!

Sorry for going off thread again.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Because the public are as stupid today as they were yesterday. They thought Iraq did 911. Now that it's proven to be false, the elite have changed the game board. Now Afghanistan did 911, and the stupid public are falling for the same crap again.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Archon_Adept

Are you aware of the atrocious way The Taliban treat people when they were in charge?

I have no doubt that we don't know the whole truth about 911.
Yet I still support UK Forces being over there.
Why?
Because The Taliban are the most repressive, barbaric and puritanical organisation and their advancement has to be stopped at all costs.
The vast majority of Afghans vehemently oppose The Taliban but are incapable of defending themselves against them and support our presence.

Afghanistan is very, very different to Iraq.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Thanks for reply to thread freeborn .

Yes the lads and lasses that are fighting the war do need our thoughts and prayers they must be very brave knowing the dangers they are facing.

So you believe it is because of the Taliban and Asama bin laden,i really appreciate yours and others thoughts on the subject.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Watching Rambo 3 I think the US Hollywood people thanked the Afghan people for their co-operation in making the film, and it made me reailse that the US HAD helped the Taliban against the USSR back in the 80's, guess it came back and bit them on their asses.

[edit on 9/7/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by illece

The US launched attacks against Al-Qaeda strongholds in Afghanistan after The Taliban repeatedly refused to extradite Osama Bin Laden to them.
Mullah Omar, The Taliban leader, had increasingly become influenced by Bin Laden.

A massive difference between Afghanistan and Iraq is that the vast majority of Afghan's support our continued role there and do not support The Taliban in any shape or form.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

The CIA operative who initiated contact with The Mujahadeen warned of the consequences of continued US support of religous fanatics.
He was ignored, with dire consequences for us all.

The causes of the current situation are deep rooted, however, we must deal with the here and now.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

So your solution is to go into Afghanistan and kill innocent women and children in order to save them from the taliban?

Oh yeah, and bin laden's been dead for several years now, but don't let that stop you from your circular, vacuous illogical reasoning.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Archon_Adept

I have never said I agree with killing innocents at all!

I do support the fight against one of the most brutal, barbaric and repressive idealogies that has ever been, as do the vast majority of Afghans.

Oh, and yes I agree, Bin Laden has probably been dead for quite some time.....unfortunately Mullah Omar isn't!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I started a new thread to answer this question.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
But saying 'because the taliban are oppressive" is the WORST excuse ever!!
Then why arent we in N Korea? Why arent we in Myanmar? All over Africa?! Worst of all why are we letting Russia oppress Chechnya?!!
Giving Afghanis freedom is a bull# answer and you know it, we only give freedom where we can make a profit off it after.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Hi,
I did wonder if it was to do with the opium trade ,but isn't opium poppies grown in other parts of the world,and no wars?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join