It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Mice!...Well kinda dead ish

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Ok saw this while I was researching something today and thought why the hell not sure leave this with you all here. so with out further a due give you Zombie Mice!!!...from the government ohhhhhhhhhh!
zombie mice

Long before he was creating zombie rodents for the Pentagon, biochemist Mark Roth became fascinated with the idea of immortality. Now, he’s found a way to "significantly increase life span[s]" — at least in worms. And the key is the same substance that Roth uses to turn mice into the semi-undead

Ill just leave this here for you guys to speculate could the government be trying to create a zombie apocalypse?

[edit on 9-7-2009 by SPC_D] Fixed the link!

[edit on 9-7-2009 by SPC_D]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Link is broken.
2nd line.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by h1satsu

sorry about that the link is now Fixed! lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala just wasting space till AH!! second line!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
nice find!
got my mouse sized shotgun reading for zombie mouse apocalypse

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
zombie mice? aren't mice fairly close to us genetically? is that not why we test on them first? (i may be thinking of rats)

nothing about zombie mice sounds like a good idea to me lol, i would rather we not have an accidental escape of a mouse that spreads the virus/disease to other mice, and potentially humans.

i have seen enough zombie movies to know it doesn't end well for humanity when this brand of science is tinkered with

edited grammar

[edit on 7/9/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
zombie mice? aren't mice fairly close to us genetically? is that not why we test on them first? (i may be thinking of rats)

nothing about zombie mice sounds like a good idea to me lol, i would rather we not have an accidental escape of a mouse that spreads the virus/disease to other mice, and potentially humans.

i have seen enough zombie movies to know it doesn't end well for humanity when this brand of science is tinkered with

edited grammar

[edit on 7/9/2009 by Alaskan Man]

Can you imagine a whole slew of zombie mice running around causing a zombie plague it are so funny yet scary to think that this is even possible? if you told me real zombie mice existed like 3 years ago I would have laughed at you but there it is right in your face.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Great. As if my nightmares about this crap weren't scary enough. Now I know there's some creepy guy in a lab making zombie mice...rubbing his hands together with excitement with and an evil chuckle. I'm keeping my kitty cat in the same room as me at ALL TIMES now.
(ok, only half serious here...but still...it's kinda creepy.)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa
Great. As if my nightmares about this crap weren't scary enough. Now I know there's some creepy guy in a lab making zombie mice...rubbing his hands together with excitement with and an evil chuckle. I'm keeping my kitty cat in the same room as me at ALL TIMES now.
(ok, only half serious here...but still...it's kinda creepy.)

I know right. I am not saying this is some sort of government run zombie weapon of mass scariness or any thing like that still can you imagine if this thing were to mutate or god forbid they do use this as a weapon of some sort 28 days later here we come...well maybe

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

I'm glad I have many friends who have watched zombie movies from birth and are fully prepared for sthtf. Believe it or not...two of my closest friends honestly believe that zombies will be the end of the world. They have weapons out the @$$ and they know how to use them.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I am doubtful of the zombie apocalypse but after reading this article I just don't know now. still thoe it is a good read and a bit telling as to what science can do and no im not anti science but I am anti real zombies.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
And so it begins. This sounds like the start of a horror comedy that would end up more horror than comedy. A few escaped zombie mice infecting a few more mice running around out there...anybody remember how the Black Plague got it's big start?

It all leads up to this shambling monstrosity...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
LOL. Yeah. I'm not fond of the idea of having zombies of any kind running around on the same planet as me.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lurkerinthedark

OMG zombie Mickey!! can you just imagine that coming at you the mind reels back in horror...

But still the possibility of peta liberating these mice and setting them free is vary real in my mind just like 28 days later I knew peta would be the end to us!! DAM* you PETA!!!!

and I created this thread because of all the gloom and doom ive seen on ats lately and I wanted to have a bit on levity applied to it so I thought what a better way than real zombie mice

[edit on 9-7-2009 by SPC_D]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
sounds like a good sequal to '28 days later'

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
While I won't rule out the possibility of a zombie apocalypse sometime in the future, I don't think this will be the avenue. It appears all this method does is put them in a state of suspended animation. Dead? maybe. Moving around eating brains? Doesn't look like it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
HEY! Itts an improved version of mickey mouse!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I must confess that I would rather enjoy a vacation form working and just go up in to the mountains to live while the shtf happens Colorado seams nice and so does an off shore oil rig hmmm I wonder when Peta will get off there butts and free the mice!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tank2/8

indeed 28 days later with MICE and for real (cue dramatic music) world war Z if that were to happen the whole world would be forced to work together like it or not.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
What there is hardly any interest in zombie mice! I find that hard to believe perhaps I should have titled it Government develops ZOMBIE MICE!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Uhh zombie mice?You know u can totally kick em and shoot em.No one would be crazy enough to do this.I better get my friend he hates mice!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join