It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Fry AMAZING

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

John Edwards's main skill doesn't lie in his actual performance, but in his editor's abilities. They manage to cull down the hours of misses into the compacted string of hits you see on TV. You're right - his demeanour does seem to be less rat-like than Colin Fry and the rest of the sycophantic clownshoes psychics out there. He still doesn't have any genuine psychic abilities, though - no one does.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Ok, this is something i don't understand, and proves to me that this is fake. I remember watching the colin fry show, and something occured to me. He stands there, and he says something like "i am looking for someone who just had their hair done" Now, why doesn't the spirit just say the persons name? So, the spirit can say other stuff, like just had their hair done, but they can't say the person's full name in the audience.

This proves to me that it is not real.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

I totally agree with you! Making money out of the departed shouldn't be a scheme! Even funeral services are a bit of a sensitive business idea! ( I can understand for funerals though.)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Some very uneducated responses there.
Since Colin became a TV medium i have not had much interest,and he has gone as usual chasing the $$.
However i have sat in private seances with him,all under strict control many years ago when he was still "underground" and not famous at all.His mediumship at the time was that good, that what he is doing now does look bad,mediumship doesnt belong on TV it belongs in the seance room.
Many of the comments here are so uneducated they are not worth the time,before we criticize others we must first look upon ourselves.
He was actually one of the best Direct Voice mediums of our current time,until an incident in the seance room,which made him look at other types of mediumship.So he has gone from the seance room to the green room(TV) practicing mental mediumship.
Personally i see this as a step backwards for mediumship,lets face it,no matter how good the medium is, they still have off days,days when no or little communication can be had, the TV station still needs to fill seats and make ratings as its all about the cash.It would not surprise me at all if selected individuals are bought in at times because the "The show must go on".This is done for ratings only,iam sure if you sat with him personally and privately you would have a different opinion,in that it will be educated from experience.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

The real psychics Are often not nearly that in tune with the other side and they tend to prefer keeping their abilities to them selves and maybe share it with some close friends and family

THAT is the truth about legitimate mediums and psychics. They're often individuals confused, and frightened by what happens to them. So instead of running in the streets claiming they hear the dead, or can see their ancestors, they often keep quiet and sit in their rooms trying to figure out what is wrong with them.

My friend Bree has precognitive dreams, sometimes called witch dreams. She's dreamed deaths in her family, accidents, national disasters, and personal affairs. But she sure as hell doesn't want to go win some money for being psychic. She really just wants it to go away, because it scares her to death.

All of these TV / internet psychics are rubbish. No one "controls" the ability. It comes and goes when it feels like it. Which is also why you can't sit someone down in a room and tell them to talk to the dead. The dead will talk to us when they want to, not the other way around.

Anyway though, just wanted to say I agree with your stance, Gimme_Some_Truth.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Can anyone answer my question? Or even debate with me about it. Don't you think its kinda odd?

reg

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm not saying one way or the other whether or not it's possible for people to speak to the dead, but could I suggest to those who tend to believe everything they see to do some research into cold reading, nlp and body language. After doing so rewatch colin fry and the other so called psychics and you'll be astonished at what you see.

Darren Brown is a good example to use here, he freely admits he as no psychic powers yet can do everything just as good (usually better) that those who claim to be talking with uncle Sid on the other side.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I've been watching Colin Fry, on and off, for about 10 years or so.

And I still can't quite decide whether he is a very gifted medium or else a very clever fraud.

He comes out with enough accurate details for me to watch his ears carefully to see if the information is being fed to him via an earpiece, but I haven't seen one.

And even if there were, that implies one of the production team is doing the feeding and knows the details - but how could anyone get such intimate information from audience members without flat out asking them details of their private life before the show?

I know it's fairly standard to fill out a questionnaire before participating in these shows, but I can't imagine people volunteering private details that might be used by Colin

....and THEN to act surprised when he in fact does so (IF he does so).

But after watching this guy for so long, I don't think the cold reading theory is sufficiently adequate, though I'm sure it does go on to some extent.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join