It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Fry AMAZING

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Colin Fry is a medium.

I never beleived in this untill i recently started to watch his shows on SKY, i think he has an amazing gift.

Here are some shows.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Haydn_17]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Soory but I gotta throw in the name of Doris Stokes for 'best medium'. She used to book shows and 'talk to the departed'. WHos family members were in the audience.

What she used to do is book a venue somewhere, get a local paper and check the obituaries, then invite the relatives to the show and 'contact' their loved ones.

This kind of person if they truly have a gift shouldn't make money from it, or be any kind of celeberity. IMO

Whilst I believe in psychic abilities I certainly wouldn't want to advertise the fact that I had any, Mine are very minor, very very minor, I feel things before they happen. Mainly when I motorcycling to work or home, I'll slow down for no reason other than to have what would have been a potential accident happen before me, like a car pull out of a side road without looking etc. but other times I'll ring someone up and they'll say I was just thinking of you.

[edit on 9/7/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
colin Fry is a massive Fraud, who practices cold reading on naive and vulnerable individuals

Here Derran Brown explains to Richard Dawkins the art of cold reading.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 9-7-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

No your wrong, i just watched a show and he knew about a women who threw a milk bottle at a man. How would he know that?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
In the UK, when you go to see a TV show being filmed, it's quite usual to fill out a form a few months before you attend, especially if the show is interactive with the audience. This is to get a better idea of the people visiting, and to get to know the people a little better, and "pick" out the people who seem the most entertaining.

The questions on the form are usually quite personal in nature such as "What would you say is your proudest moment?" etc.

All members of the audience fill these in and send it back months before the show is actually filmed.

It's easy to forget you filled out anything at all, let alone what you said.

He could easily be taking the information from these forms, and, combined with cold-reading, seem pretty convincing (especially to the veiwers at home)

Personally, I don't trust him one bit.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hello,

The most compelling evidence for Colin Fry's abilities in my view is the two-hour 'special' filmed for the Psychic Private Eyes programme last year. It was about the murder of Sally-Anne Bowman by Mark Dixie. They recorded the programme four to two months before Mark Dixie was arrested. They mentioned his first name, the initial 'D' for his surname, they knew he was a chef, they accurately sense he was aged between 35-37 and that he had lived in Australia for a while. They even knew he was high on drugs and that he liked to keep trophies from his victims. The show was aired on CBS Reality recently, they may show it again soon.

I've seen Colin Fry live twice and I do think he has a genuine sixth sense ability. It's logical and reasonable to deduce that he could know certain information about the audience in a small studio. Particularly if what you say about the questionnaires is true. However I've seen him in a large venue and whilst possible I think it would be improbable that he would (or could) fake such an event.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

He's a charlatan. He abuses suffering people by using the common technique of 'cold reading' to appear like he's got a gift. He's disgusting.

Here are two links to debunking his sick work:

Cheating in a seance

JREF forum's take on him

He can't even believe he's the real deal - he has to know he's full of rubbish and taking advantage of people in real pain. There is no evidence he has any gift at all.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
For one to have personal 'validation' of a medium's abilities, one would require a persona reading. If a medium could then accurately describe and name a family member or friend then at least that ought to be compelling evidence. I think any critic of Colin Fry should consult the Psychic Private Eyes episode on Sally-Anne Bowman as the information gained in that programme could not have simply been manufactured. Particularly when Mark Dixie the perpetrator of the murder had not even been identified at the time of recording.

Personally, I'm not impressed by an article which provides a link to a recording of a programme by a guy who's as interesting as Alastair Darling's tie collection. Drawing a penis on some one's photo is hardly an astute way of disproving one's ability.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Retro~Burn

The burden of proof is on Colin Fry. If he can demonstrate he's not using a technique that can reproduce his entire range of abilities 100%, then people should believe him. For anyone to believe him without yet seeing that evidence, they are not acting rationally.

The guy's a fraud. He's had the chance to prove his talents, and get a lot of money for charity, yet he doesn't. He just milks money from those in need.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

There must be plenty of these people with all sorts of abilities. Today if the government does not like you and they think you are one, you may end up being microwaved, this will do damage to all that stuff, they hope.

But there must be plenty out there that have never honned there skills.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
reply to post by woodwardjnr

No your wrong, i just watched a show and he knew about a women who threw a milk bottle at a man. How would he know that?

Maybe a paid actor was in the audience? Magicians have done that before. You know when they pull a volunteer out of the audience? Those people are not always complete strangers to the magician... In fact often they are paid assistants....

So that is a big possibility since this guy is on TV.

Cold reading, with a few actors thrown in = "amazing psychic abilities"

Now do not get me wrong, I do believe there are people out there who do have some psychic ability but the majority of the ones you see on TV, if not all of them use cold reading, and often slip paid actors into their show to fool the audience into believing he is communicating with the other side.

Sorry to disappoint but I would recommend not watching any of those 'psychic shows" on TV. They are all just in it for the money, and have no special ability, other than the ability to trick people.

The real psychics Are often not nearly that in tune with the other side and they tend to prefer keeping their abilities to them selves and maybe share it with some close friends and family....

I am sorry to say, Hadyn_17 is most likely right. There was a "psychic" on Tv here in the US a few years ago that also used Cold reading. He was named John Edwards.

What these people do is quite mean actually. They manipulate people who have just lost loved ones or who are often still suffering from a loss, and make them think they are communicating with their dead family.... And they do it all for money... Not for the purpose of helping them to heal or anything... They are just greedy monsters. The ones you see on TV that is.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Plenty out there? Then how come none have ever, ever been able to demonstrate such abilities in a controlled setting, or to use them for any purpose what-so-ever other than make generic statements indistinguishable from cold reading? Just think how much suffering could be alleviated and how much knowledge could be learned if mediums/psychics plied their trade to the fullest of their purported abilities? And yet, they don't. They're either impotent, or selfish. Either way they don't deserve respect for their gifts.

People who believe in psychics don't do so through rational thought, but because they want to. There is no way a rational person can believe in such unsubstantiated rubbish.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
The burden of proof is on Colin Fry. If he can demonstrate he's not using a technique that can reproduce his entire range of abilities 100%, then people should believe him. For anyone to believe him without yet seeing that evidence, they are not acting rationally.

Colin Fry doesn't have to prove any thing, if one wishes to choose to believe him then that's their prerogative and vice-versa to those who do not believe him. At what point some one "should believe him" is their business and theirs alone. The manner in how one interprets the accuracy of his output will vary with each individual and is down to one's subjective nature. How one could convince others that he'd be tested in a "controlled" setting (when his supposed vocation is any thing but controlled) will always be very difficult since the possibility of collusion or sheer chance should not be ruled out of the equation. As I said earlier the only effective way of being satisfied with his abilities is to have a personal reading and query information that is personal and private. Information that others cannot know, that would be a real test. Not tying him down to a chair blindfolded and ask him to guess the shapes on a piece of paper. Especially if he purports to commune with the deceased and not guess symbols and graphics.

Ironically, it seems many critics of Colin Fry et al have a fervent passion in their seemingly pathological pursual of answers here. To me this seems very remote from dispassionate and "rational" thinking.

The reason I mentioned the programme in which he was involved was because it provided at least a compelling argument for his abilities. The type of information which was gleamed from the three mediums provided a little more detail one would normally expect in such a show. I find it very difficult to even entertain the notion that it all could have stemmed from mere assumptions and cold reading.

The guy's a fraud. He's had the chance to prove his talents, and get a lot of money for charity, yet he doesn't. He just milks money from those in need.

In regards to whether he is a fraud. It's clearly a possibility but to know this beyond reasonable doubt? Funelling cash to a charity is by no means a reliable way of 'assessing' one's character. I'm sure many celebrities cynically do this in order to improve their image. Furthermore, if he were to suddenly subject himself to "testing" by those whose objectively largely seems suspect. I would put it down to pandering rather than a willingness to advance scientific knowledge.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Retro~Burn]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

This kind of person if they truly have a gift shouldn't make money from it, or be any kind of celeberity. IMO

Right on.

You get a star from me.

I've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly (not the film...) of psychics/mediums. Some are astounding in their accuracy, some are just fake. I can't make up my mind about Fry. It's the celebrity thing that makes me suspicious. Most of the good psychics I've experienced didn't charge a penny, or want any attention.

As for Doris Stokes, not bad. Again, my radar goes up with the celebrity mediums. My late mother - who was a spiritualist - was a big fan of Doris Collins.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

Oh yep really, i think you have no idea that governments use these people. If governments are using these people, why would they be doing that, if its not real.

Like for instance, you may get a job in mi5 or something, if they spotted you at young age in school. They really are after these people to work for them.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I remember hearing how doris stokes used to keep letters what people used to write to her in alphabetical order( depending on where they lived) and when she was doing a show in say for example lincoln, she would go throgh the letters from lincoln, invite the people who wrote them, memorize there letters and names, then work from that at her shows.

I think I seen this on a bbc documentary, but can't be certain, sorry.

I do believe some mediums are real, but their's a hell of a lot of fakes, i've been done before, but also had some very unexplainable things said to me.

Always proceed with caution imo.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Here in the states we have a guy name John Edwards.

He does the same thing.

My sister went to one of his shows.

There were two seats empty behind her.It was supposedly sold out.

Right before he came out two women came in and sat in those seats.

They were loudly talking about how lucky they were to get the last two seats because those people had not showed up.

Guess who he "connected"with?

[edit on 11-12-2009 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
My mum has seen him several times (in real life), I seen his career from the start, him an Derek Acorra are both shams, business men.

John Edward is the only mainstream media "medium" that is sincere.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

And I bet if I ask you to prove this, you can't?

Some truly believe they have gifts, yet can never demonstrate or use their abilities. Others are out to con well-meaning people. It's disgusting.

reply to post by the_denv

Do you mean he honestly thinks he has powers? He definitely doesn't. He's been shown to be a fraud, too.

Anyone who wants to make a quick buck off the suffering of others is a repugnant excuse for a human being.

What strikes me as suspicious is the sheer amount of money that could be made, and the help to humanity gained, if these people could demonstrate their abilities in a controlled environment. They are in the position to help the entire world if they just allow people to examine their abilities. Yet they don't - they settle for TV shows, stage shows, books, and souvenirs - a tiny, tiny fraction of their alleged potential. That wreaks of bull-poop.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

You know your 100% right, although John Edward seems to comes across sincere or maybe its just me wanting to believe that he can do what he can do. One thing is for sure, all the rest of the frauds cant compete at all with John Edward. I say this because John bares facial expressions that tend to make me think he is actually communicating. He talks really fast like myself, you could not write that in a script and remember it. Then again there are ways.

Colin Fry looks like a sneaky wee rat, your average business man. I dont judge by looks, but for him its a bad selling point as he is a business man.

[edit on 11/12/2009 by the_denv]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join