It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pregnant fiance'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
im gonna be a father pretty soon, well sometime in Feb and want to start a thread just simply getting an opinion on how outside enviroment can or might effect the fetus. i do not want links to babey sites having to do with typical parenting sites so plz dont post them thank you.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I'm not entirely sure I get what you mean. Are you looking for ways to make baby smarter, by playing certain tapes/frequencies. Or are you looking from a more protective angle, as in keeping anger and negativity away? Or just if certain things can effect the growth of the littl'un?

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS

[edit on 9/7/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
ALL OF THE ABOVE! AND THANK YOU!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Do breast feed... Baby too
It is best for brain developement and immunity health.
Folic acid is important.
No drugs or alcohol of course.
Talk to the baby in womb.
Avoid caffeine.

Classical music is great. I bought Seven Chakras and Elements by Alan Roubik and played this for my last. This kid is smart and has lots of witt!

Ill add more as I remember as this is what popped of the top of my head.
Keep stress low and minimal if possible. Although she will be psychotic and blame it on you no matter what.

[edit on 7/9/2009 by Chaos Lord]

[edit on 7/9/2009 by Chaos Lord]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Congrat's....

only thing i can reccomend is buy her lots of vitamin water...

it seems to realy make a diffrence, nothing documented that i know of, but our little one is amazing half the time, and strong as heck..

just rotate flavors/types. it will keep her hydrated, as well as keep her vitamins up, and as we all know what ever she gets, the little one gets.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
FYI. As a mother of four, I can attest that the mental health of the mother while pregnant, significantly impacts the fetus in vitro. My best advice is to make sure that your fiance' feels cherished, special, and that you are appreciative that she is making the physical, mental and spiritual sacrifices for your child. I firmly believe that the more love and support you can show your fiance while pregnant, will increase blood endorphins and provide other benefits to the baby (and mother). Becoming a mother can be terrifying. Body and weight changes, hormonal blues, and the fear of the unknown can weigh heavily on a mother-to-be...especially a first time mother. The greatest gift you can give to your unborn child is to make her/his mother feel safe and cherished at this vulnerable time. I think too many mothers feel unappreciated, isolated, depressed, vulnerable and alone- and these stresses negatively impact the baby longterm. Love your baby by loving your fiance'. I know my happiest and most well adjusted babies resulted from the happiest pregnancies. Congratulations.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
awsome and thank you...also umm if there are any studies on how indigo children are taken care of before theyre born? also i had also read and watched things on how a babey was born with cancer and or aids and after i think a few years or months that the babey had got better any feedback on this would be great as well.....and NO my babey dosnt have anything wrong with it everythings really good and healthy as can be. also would like feedback on anything really like mostly scientific theories are appreciated as well. but not too overboard i dont want ppl thinking that im trying to do anything crazy and shtuff! just want to hear new ideas other than playing music which i am really excited on doing...

thank you for taking the time to look at this everyone!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Are you going to vaccinate? This is a big issue I have. You can always vaccinate later if your child grows up and wants it. You can't "unvaccinate", and we all know how the State makes mandates, but when something goes wrong, the responsibility falls on the individual.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Just do the simple stuff, man. Make sure your girl is healthy, eating good foods, vitamins, staying hydrated, all of that. No alcohol, no drugs, no smoking. Keep her happy, talk to the baby. The little stuff will give you all the same and probably better affects than trying big stuff, and it will be easier, too.
Congrats!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Make sure the prenatal vitamins are naturally derived, not lab vitamins. Take care of yourself too. You won't be any good for either of them if you are tired and stressed. You are enduring new experiences too, that may be stressful, even if it's 'positive' stress. Be careful of household cleaning products, and keep flouridated water out of the house (spring water is good).
Stay united. Stay bonded.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Archon_Adept

Are you going to vaccinate? This is a big issue I have. You can always vaccinate later if your child grows up and wants it. You can't "unvaccinate", and we all know how the State makes mandates, but when something goes wrong, the responsibility falls on the individual.

havnt thought about that yet and thats a really good quistion....well let me answer you with a question....why would i not want to vaccinate my child? im in the reserves now but when i was in active duty i was given vaccinations and have been really healthy besides the fact that my backs messed up but thats besides the fact.

also has anyone herd of soldiers giving the staff infection to anyone because of being deployed?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Are you or mum-to-be into meditation? It might be an idea if your lovely lady started maybe working on the chakras in meditation. I'm going to hazard a guess and say that if you wanted your child to be born with any sort of gift, then this would be a good place to start. Not only that, but it's incredibly relaxing for mum, and she'll feel loads better in herself

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
Just do the simple stuff, man. Make sure your girl is healthy, eating good foods, vitamins, staying hydrated, all of that. No alcohol, no drugs, no smoking. Keep her happy, talk to the baby. The little stuff will give you all the same and probably better affects than trying big stuff, and it will be easier, too.
Congrats!

Listen to this man, he's smart.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

in the current enviroment we are in right now it would be good to do and havnt thought of that at all i will definately bring that up and thank you!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by h1satsu

will do!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by soldier8828
reply to post by Acidtastic

in the current enviroment we are in right now it would be good to do and havnt thought of that at all i will definately bring that up and thank you!
No sir, thank YOU for being open to things that aren't text book family preperation!!

This video on google has been a valuble source of meditation for me. It's what started me off on a very cool journey into self discovery.

It's a half hour meditation. You can just watch it and relax, or lay down (or sit in lotus postion, but that's quite hard if you're not used to it) Anyway, this video rocks.
video.google.co.uk...

I hope it can help you, and help give you the answers that you're looking for.

Also, I had a brain fart whilst on my lunch in the pub just now. Have you thought about getting some of the classic literature on tape/mp3? Maybe if you and your lovely lady have some things like this on the go, in the background as some kind of audio stimulation, then your future bambino might pick up on the artistic flare, and could be the next shakespear. (stranger things have happened, and at the very least, it'll broaden your horizon) It certainly can't do any harm!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Congrats
Now as the father of four, grandfather of one I can attest, you and your honey need all the rest you can get now because after the birth sleep is the last thing you'll get...

There's no magic answer no real Perls of wisdom, you do what what you can to make momma comfortable and feel secure. now is when you be very attentive...

Mother does all the real work.. dad is her support... After the child is born, all babies do is eat sleep and poop... sleep is the biggie they grow while they sleep... you can forget about sleep yourself... my kids didn't sleep through the night until they were almost two!

You learn as you go, you make mistakes, we all do.. you live you learn you love that's all there is to it... well you also worry, that comes with the job ya know...

the only web site I can recommend is Craigslist... babies need a lot of junk, so much junk I once thought it would be easier to buy an RV just to haul all that junk around! Craigslist will put you in touch with other parents that want to see the stuff their kids out grew so they can buy more junk that fits... trust me onesies don't come cheap and neither do all the diapers you'll be buying... I was stunned when I had to shell out $200 dollars to buy my granddaughter a crib...another $75 to get her a mattress... only after I bought it did I learn I could have picked up a nice used one on craigslist for $25... but like I said you live and learn by doing, not reading how other did it...

feel free to drop me a U2U and I'll give you my email addy... there isn't a lot of advice I can offer other than sharing stories of what the wife and I went through...sometimes that helps too...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Congratulations anyway be sure to play music and speak to your baby even before birth they respond very well to that. Also don't introduce your baby to all our theories and thoughts just yet he or she might become paranoid Lol. Stay away from fires paint and all that fun stuff for us but maybe not so much for babies. Last but not least always show love for your kiddo and you can't really go wrong.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Hi soldier8828,

Sorry I can't add anything to the information side of things regarding pregnancy, but congratulations!

You're about to enter a new stage of your journey!

Shane

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
First of all, congratulations!!

Here is a link to a fairly representative list of recommendations in order to prepare for a healthy delivery and baby:

www.manipalcureandcare.com...

With my own family, we were careful to not only avoid smoking, but to avoid being around anyone who is smoking. Recently it was also discovered that just spending time in an environment where people have done a lot of smoking has its own risk factors.

As much as possible, select organic food and the cleanest water possible. No caffeine of any kind, and minimize the sugar intake as well. I'm not saying this is easy, but I am saying it's very important and will pay dividends forever in improved health.

Regarding immunizations, my family and I did a lot of research (pre-internet) on this topic and discovered that whether choosing to immunize or not, either way there are risk factors, so be aware of personal and family food sensitivities, outright food allergies, etc., because for example many or most immunization active factors are grown on egg media, so if family members are unable to eat eggs, communicate that to the obstetrician. Oh, also interview the pediatrician before the birth to make sure you share most of the same values, because you are going to be depending on that person's judgment a lot down the road.

Also on the avoid list would be any alarming, noisy, or scary movies or TV shows. Best to wait until later for the mom-to-be to see Terminator Salvation or whatever. Stay happy, or at least tranquil.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join