It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA And Rioting Uyghurs In Xinjiang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Are the CIA and its friends trying to break up China?

www.prisonplanet.com...

Interesting article. Is CIA behind every riot in the world?

Originally posted by G. S.
There's a lot missing in this article. In 2009, the USA is not covertly supporting the Uighurs. The USA has supported the Uighurs in the past but ended this practice in the 1970s in exchange for a curtailment of PRC support of communists in Thailand and the Philippines. After the Afghan War against the USSR elements included Uighurs which did move back into the PRC, but they were no more under US control than the Arab elements which turned on the USA itself as Al-Qaeda nor the Chechnyan elements that turned on Russia. Covert support of the Uighurs by the USA or its allies is a very high risk gambit that risks costs to the Sino-American/West relationship that is vastly more important than any tactical advantage that could be gained through the Uighurs. However, the USA and the West holds China responsible for North Korea and if they go completely insane and attack someone, all bets are off with the PRC and all cards are back on the table.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Oh yeah..of course, it is always America's fault...why am I not surprised. pretty soon we're gonna be blamed for the holocaust too.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I find it funny, that some people aren't open to obvious situations, the CIA have done many terrible things and it wouldnt suprise me if it was them

Honduras, Iran, and now China.

All three places would have an agenda.

I can only guess if the START program fails, we can expect more problems.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

CIA =/= America
I find it disturbing that you do not think the CIA could possibly be working to their own ends. They are not the friendliest bunch

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I was wondering how long it was going to take to blame yet another thing on the usa and or the cia.

Maybe the cause of the uprising in western china is that the people of the region are tired of being treated as second class citizens by the han chinese. Maybe they are tired of not being able to worship thier religion as they see fit.
maybe its the culmination of 2000 years of oppression by the chinese.

There are plenty of reasons that dont involve some peoples fantasies.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
well we should be open to the Idea of it being the CIA, ...... the proximty of these events and the G8 meeting regarding the 'deadline' for Iran, which is suspectedly regarding military action is too close for comfort.

Jundallah has even admitted to causing unrest, and receiving funds from the USA and england.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Looking around this site, I came up with one question to ask: are any oppressed people smart enough to organize a revolt? Or do they need the CIA to do all their work for them?

I've studied the history of Operation Ajax, the CIA in Latin America, and it's other misdeeds. But think about it. There was no CIA around during the American and French revolutions.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Someone336
Looking around this site, I came up with one question to ask: are any oppressed people smart enough to organize a revolt? Or do they need the CIA to do all their work for them?

I've studied the history of Operation Ajax, the CIA in Latin America, and it's other misdeeds. But think about it. There was no CIA around during the American and French revolutions.

Which is not to say that there were not intelligence agencies, or at least operatives around at that time. Those with the money have always known how to use their resources to bend events to their advantage. There are few events of this type indeed that do not seem to benefit the ends of globalism.

There's a reason that the CIA is called 'the company', and it's not because they are serving the interests of the American people.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I believe that something is been pushing the riotings in China, funneling money and supporting them, that is not doubt, somebody or entities even groups that will have a lot to gain from it outside China's borders .

Taking into consideration that at the same time the protest in Iran were on going.

Iran and China are going in the wrong direction that the US will like them to go.

China hold financially on Iran's vast oil resources could be one of them, also Iran getting away from trading on US dollars even for oil that is also one big reason.

China has been amassing vast amounts of natural resources from all over the world because they have the financial means to do it.

That is not well taken by the main powers of the world like US and UK.

Those that control the resources will control the world.

So taking into consideration how destabilizing Iran and China to stop any alliances and support that they may be gathering around the world will play very nicely in the hands of those that are afraid of such a powerful alliance emerging, specially if resources are the main issue.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Of course "not" the CIA....but it is the NED

Washington is Playing a Deeper Game with China

After the tragic events of July 5 in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region in China, it would be useful to look more closely into the actual role of the US Government’s ”independent“ NGO, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED). All indications are that the US Government, once more acting through its “private” Non-Governmental Organization, the NED, is massively intervening into the internal politics of China.

The reasons for Washington’s intervention into Xinjiang affairs seems to have little to do with concerns over alleged human rights abuses by Beijing authorities against Uyghur people. It seems rather to have very much to do with the strategic geopolitical location of Xinjiang on the Eurasian landmass and its strategic importance for China’s future economic and energy cooperation with Russia, Kazakhastan and other Central Asia states of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by yiersan]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
the rioting Uyghurs is not going to break up China, not by a long. long.. long... shot, however, the rioting Uyghurs and the corresponding news aruond the world clearly show China that the Muslim World can turn on you without a solid reason and on a rather short notice..

this event will align China's foreign relation and policy more towards the like of America for the years and years to come..

[edit on 12-7-2009 by digital_desire]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital_desire
the rioting Uyghurs is not going to break up China, not by a long. long.. long... shot, however, the rioting Uyghurs and the corresponding news aruond the world clearly show China that the Muslim World can turn on you without a solid reason and on a rather short notice..

this event will align China's foreign relation and policy more towards the like of America for the years and years to come..

[edit on 12-7-2009 by digital_desire]

the first part i totally agree, and it shows China that even countries like Turkey is full of hypocrits (The Muslim country making open criticism while at home they are having their hands full on Kurds etc.)

but for the latter I am not so sure, but I do believe China should bring the foreign policies under the loop and revamp it majorly, the strategies to close up on ANYONE is fine, but it is too much giving in economical terms and at time of really needs, too less return in certain required way of political supports. France for example is kissing up on China when they need orders for their Airbus, but openly smashing a cake in China's face by dancing with the Dalai Lama and giving him the key to their capital. And there was no single Muslim country who was standing up to the aggressions of terrorists of the recent affairs and did not put any single effort in showing their people who were the real victims of rioting Uygurs

And next to it really need to work on the intelligence agencies at home and abroad, it is just too ridiculous how weak China is in this and one of the reasons why the China's image is sooo extremely bad, that;s why whatever happened regardless who is at fault, most of the people already have a prejudiced opinion before actual facts are coming out, facts despite how much evidence is provided still being doubted by these colored worldwide people, the public relations of China on the world theater is just performing maliciously or even non-working at all

[edit on 12-7-2009 by yiersan]

new topics

top topics

join