It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Col Charles Halt says “extra-terrestrials” caused the close encounter at Rendlesham Forest air

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
If this is true then it is truly amazing and reopens this very famous ufo case .Sorry about the source but I can find no reason why they would make this up .www.dailystar.co.uk...

9th July 2009
By Josh Layton

AN Air Force official has finally admitted Britain’s biggest UFO mystery was caused by aliens.

The high-ranking US officer claimed the Rendlesham Forest air base incident, which happened in 1980, was later covered up.

Former Deputy Base Commander Col Charles Halt said “extra-terrestrials” caused the close encounter in Suffolk.

He led a group of airmen who reported seeing a triangular UFO taking off into the air, leaving traces of radiation behind.

Col Halt, now retired, told investigator Gary Heseltine: “The UFOs I saw were structured machines moving under intelligent control and operating beyond the realm of anything I have ever seen before or since.

“I believe the objects that I saw at close quarters were extra-terrestrial in origin.”

He added that the Air Force later issued “dis-information” to throw the public off the scent.

His comments were hailed as “sensational” by former Ministry of Defence UFO investigator Nick Pope.

Mr Pope said: “This may help us to finally solve Britain’s biggest UFO mystery.

“It blows the MoD’s line that these events had ‘no defence significance’ out of the water.”

[edit on 9-7-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Just to recap on this famous ufo incident here are three videos you may like to watch. Well worth watching and quite fascinating.

Enjoy

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I hope we hear more information about this from other sources. It bothers me that the story comes from the Daily Star!

Just noticed he was part of "out of the blue":

[edit on 9-7-2009 by jdm2104]

[edit on 9-7-2009 by jdm2104]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jdm2104

Yes me too .I have done a search but so far that is the only source,so I guess they have the scoop. The article quotes Nick Pope

Mr Pope said: “This may help us to finally solve Britain’s biggest UFO mystery.

“It blows the MoD’s line that these events had ‘no defence significance’ out of the water.”

Just don't see why the paper would lie about this.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Same article here today, by ANI:
www.newstrackindia.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman
Same article here today, by ANI:
www.newstrackindia.com...

Good hunting I missed that one nice to know its not only the star reporting on this. I always liked this case because of the detailed testimonies from the soldiers involved.I wonder if any more info will emerge.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
yea i read this in this mornings daily star as well it was underneath the picture of the so called 2012 doomsday crop circle , dont know what to make of it to be honest, interesting non the less

also reported in the following
the independant
recap of the incident in question
cnn larry king

another news source
sindh today

those are just some of them

[edit on 073131p://54077 by ronishia]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Hasn't this been his position for years? Sure it has. Just like Edgar Mitchell's spring appearance at the Nat'l Press Club. He didn't say anything there he hasn't been saying for years. I certainly don't blame Halt or Mitchell, they've been consistent. The media spins this as if it's a new revelation. Bad media!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Former Deputy Base Commander Col Charles Halt said “extra-terrestrials” caused the close encounter in Suffolk.... “The UFOs I saw were structured machines moving under intelligent control and operating beyond the realm of anything I have ever seen before or since.

“I believe the objects that I saw at close quarters were extra-terrestrial in origin.”

Take note, please, that all this quote reveals is that he saw a device and he did not recognise it as built-here

That's not the same as knowing it was extraterrestrial in origin.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Take note, please, that all this quote reveals is that he saw a device and he did not recognise it as built-here.

True.

But it also shows that the the object was indeed a threat to national security as the Deputy Base Commander himself could not identify this intelligently controlled craft that had just landed and taken off close to an Air Force base.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Take note, please, that all this quote reveals is that he saw a device and he did not recognise it as built-here.

True.
But it also shows that the the object was indeed a threat to national security as the Deputy Base Commander himself could not identify this intelligently controlled craft that had just landed and taken off close to an Air Force base.

Is the current premise not that the 'triangles' are an emerging American 'deep-black' project? If they were around in 1980, they would have caused even more consternation than they do today.

I don't doubt that something 'out of this world' was witnessed. I simply suggest that the quote is somewhat misleading as he didn't witness ETs, he saw something unfathomable.

And if one does not know what is occuring...yes, as an official in charge of a military base one must certainly assume a threat.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I've lived near Rendlesham my whole life and whilst I haven't seen anything there, a couple of my friends that live in the old Air Force accommodation there have seen a few things. You can go on a 'UFO Walk' around the forest to see the precise locations of where it all happened. I've always found the 'logical' explanations for the event ridiculous, including a light from a (not really) nearby location that was somehow mistaken as a UFO. I think all those that are going to believe the Alien theory, already do so, so this latest declaration won't make much of a different. The disbelievers are always going to find a reason to dispute it- even when there's an alien staring them in the face they'll still poke it and say its a great costume.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
One more step to disclosure??!?! WOW! Ok so now we have a Colonel saying that Aliens visited the military OFFICIALLY in 1980! This is seriously huge! If this doesnt it mak it to the front page im goin to be really mad.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennyJen The disbelievers are always going to find a reason to dispute it- even when there's an alien staring them in the face they'll still poke it and say its a great costume.

Well, one should, shouldn't one? At least to see if it is, indeed, a costume? I know that I require a pretty high standard of proof for personal paradigm shifts.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Well i certainly share your enthusiasm for it but i doubt it will make it to the front page or on the tv news however much i want it to.
This may have something to do with the fact that the bbc are running a 5 part drama series called "Torchwood - children of earth" this week on tv about alien invasion inc secret military cover ups etc & so is probably designed to coincide with it to sell more papers - just a thought.

Good release of info to the public all the same though

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by fls13

True , true .... however this time bad media really is good media is it not?

At least with the tabloids people other than just us are getting the information.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
To be fair though, it isn't really new news. There have always been those involved who were outspoken about what they saw and the attempts afterwards to cover it up. Whilst it's pretty cool that another person has come forward to confirm the UFO reports, they aren't the first to have done so and there's no more reason for people to take this any more seriously than the others.

JC ~ I think I would faint before I got near enough to check the outfit for a 'Made in China' label.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

Well i know its atleast been on Larry King, which is pretty big, atleast here in the States. and ronishia pointed out is also been in these papers, i dont recognize them so i dont know if they are good papers to be in, but who cares? its a step! Thats all i care about.

Jenny Jen - Well its not news to us, your right, those who have never heard of this, which im sure is a lot and those who havent and those on the fence of believing or not will see this and it may make them think.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

I hear ya'. It's new news if you haven't heard it before.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Good point! I think I just assume that everyone already know about it, forgetting that everyone here only know because we live in/around Rendlesham! Sorry!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join