It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay let's try something out here!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
You have to experiance them to truly believe but even than you can disclaim them with scientific facts, it sounds as if you do not beleive but you want to , either search or wait for a paranormal experiance than make your mind up. dont feed of other people's beliefs make them yourself

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You have to experiance them to truly believe but even than you can disclaim them with scientific facts, it sounds as if you do not beleive but you want to , either search or wait for a paranormal experiance than make your mind up. dont feed of other people's beliefs make them yourself

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TechHead

One's personal experiences do not mean you are smarter or more intelligent. To say you are, or imply your are, only serves to show how really stupid you actually are! High degrees and scholastic achievement are not the same thing as life experiences...that then give one perspective on it.
None of my scholastic knowledge accumulation ever served me, when it come down to understanding what it was I actually living at the moment. It took many moments, all lived individually, then perceived and thought about by my mind...to understand what it was that I really didn't know. And I know this, I have much to learn...so I keep an open mind. However, In nearly 65 years of life, and of all the places on earth where I have been, and people I have had the pleasure to meet and talk with, I never knew there was so much I didn't know, and would ultimately never know. There is just too much. No one could ever learn it all. Not even in several lifetimes.
I well remember thinking to myself...Well, that was something they hadn't taught in the classroom, or had a discussion on! Where was that in the book?
How come no one ever me told about this one?

So again, it is hard to comprehend the mind that isn't your own. It is difficult for some to accept that someone may have encountered, or lived through something that you haven't, or maybe won't. That is the way it is. Like it or not! No reason to get uppity about it.

I was able to put myself really out there...and let myself be led to places I wouldn't have imagined. It nearly killed me twice. I can't take those moments away, nor would I actually want to. They all helped shape me into the person I am. We are vessels in life. Some are half full, some are nearly empty, others are overflowing. Some folks hold their hand over the mouth, being afraid, and say:"no more for me thanks, I've had enough!" They never allow their vessels to fill up...

Others, like me, are gluttons for life's experiences, unforgettable moments, and utterly amazing voyages along the way. Am I smarter? Not by a long shot. I just have different perspectives from the culmination of my experiences. They die with me. They will never be yours.

And that is the way it is for all of us. It is like the old saying; "You'll never understand, because you had to be there!" And even then, you may not see the same thing.

I had a mentor when I was in my thirties, and he always would tell me;
"Hell, I've probably forgotten more than you'll ever know..."
Back then, I was somewhat insulted, and sometimes amused...today, I realize that he was more right than he realized. I wish I knew all that he did. I wish I could have witnessed everything his eyes had.
I can only try to imagine it. He died in the 1980's when he was 100 years old.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I don't think there is anything out there that can't be explained scientifically in some way or another. It's funny but I'm skeptical when it comes to most things but I do believe in Chi in to some extent. This is a perfect opportunity to test something I've been playing with and I'm not sure what's at play here but there is something to it.

I honestly think it is not just body heat or a self induced response and here is why. Done two different ways you get two separate responses, at least those I've told to do it have, and two you can do it to someone else as well.

1st I want you to place your palm to your forehead. Just leave it there about 10-15 seconds and note what you feel.

(This 2nd part is just to help out and not the actual test the 3rd step is.)
2nd take a look at your palm and sort of cup it a little trace down your middle finger to that mound where the thumb meets the hand. It's almost the center of the palm. Now, just rub your finger circular in that spot about the size of marble. Stop rubbing and just feel and visualize that light or whatever floats your boat there. Try and feel it. If you get a tingle that's good if not don't worry about it.

3rd take your hand back up to your forehead still cupped with center where you rubbed placed over the center of the forehead about a half of an inch to an inch away. Close your eyes it helps a little but it is not necessary and now imagine again light, fire etc..coming out of that center of the hand and penetrating in through the forehead to the center of the brain. Most importantly just pretend to feel something coming out at the same time.

It may take a try or two but in most cases it hasn't. You definitely get a reaction. I wasn't going to say what you should feel but since you can try it on someone else without telling them it doesn't matter. For most it has been a pulling, tingling sensation in brain where the frontal lobes would be and travels up along the center; I suppose where the corpus callosum is. Some feel it as warmth and find it soothing others have described it to me like their brain was being pulled. To try it on someone else just have them sit down close their eyes and hold about an inch away again;go through the same visualizing and feeling process of projecting it into their head. Everyone I've done it to has felt it. I purposely didn't tell them what I was doing just to make sure I wasn't fooling myself. The first one I just placed my over while they were lying down and didn't even say I was going to do a test. She blurted out "what are you doing? It's soothing. How are you projecting heat out of your hands?" Just to note she isn't into anything with chi or meditation etc.

I don't think it's body heat because when I hold my hand to my head it doesn't feel like that. Also one should not be able to produce such heat from a distance to go inside someone like that. You can even move the distance closer or further with the hand. I've gotten about three inches away and still achieve the same results. Can I be wrong? Sure. Not sure it's proof of anything but at least it's more than most people bring to the table.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Rep08, I understand your frustration. It is so easy to decipher any experience as a supernatural experience or resultant from a god. This easy acceptance is a real problem. If paranormal activity was real, it would happen all the time, to all of us. If anyone says that I am not 'in tune' with the unknown than that further disproves anything they say - why would paranormal activity only appear to those who believe in it?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mithrawept
If anyone says that I am not 'in tune' with the unknown than that further disproves anything they say - why would paranormal activity only appear to those who believe in it?

You raise a good question here. I don't think it's so much about if they "believe" in it. I think it's more about how "involved" they are in it. If you delve into the supernatural (which I think can be dangerous depending on what the intent of it is) eventually, you are going to experience *something* Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Why don't you try learning remote viewing yourself? I suggest the Hemi-Sync Gateway Experience series of CDs. You can learn to do this and the first disc is only $59. Not a lot to spend to find out. Read Robert Monroe's books for more info on how to use a scientific method to reach other levels of existence.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It's far better for people to say the paranormal is a bunch of fantasy and to call me a liar about it, than it is for me to prove it to them by opening a door for dark things. You need to be aware of what you're messing with, and you need to respect it. Bad things happen when you go messing with the occult for a cheap thrill, or to try to convince a non-believer. Been there, done that.

So, say that this is just a cop-out, call me a liar, and be on your merry way. If you're really honestly curious about this kind of stuff, approach it in a positive and open-minded way, and don't do anything to invite dark things. Being skeptical is healthy (I don't believe 99% of the stuff on ATS either), but being combative and demanding wont serve you well.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by TurboDC4]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I sense a posable gumby figure...with a small brown spot on the left of his head.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
While i think perception makes up alot of ones reality i think you need to detach from your perception in order to reach god.

But to stay on point Republican08 i think it's best not knowing because the occult and things relating to that can open dark doors you don't want open, just my two cents.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join