It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Say C.I.A. Deceived Congress for Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

www.nytimes.com

WASHINGTON — The director of the Central Intelligence Agency, Leon E. Panetta, has told the House Intelligence Committee in closed-door testimony that the C.I.A. concealed “significant actions” from Congress from 2001 until late last month, seven Democratic committee members said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Is this a democratic ploy to protect their own kind, or is there something deeper here? Frankly, I think Nancy Pelosi is a lying fraud who should be removed from office if not arrested. However, the CIA is also definitely corrupt...so maybe the thing we should be looking at here, is just how much of the government is corrupt. Wouldn't a small government...be less corrupt just out of pure logic. Maybe we should try that one some day.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I don't think Pelosi necessarily lied. I do think like you stated though, they are all corrupt. Congress has the authority to pass laws...they could pass a law that regulates the CIA if they so chose it. They could open up a truth commission, or an investigation if they so chose. Congresses choice to date though seems to bend away from the people's wishes, which implicates them as well.

Remember the excuse for not having a truth commission, as it would distract from the economy fixes. Yeah right, all I've seen is Michael Jackson coverage, and North Korea coverage. I would much rather see us digging into our countries problems in a real way. I do think this time is approaching very quickly. A massive investigation needs to be done, and all suspects held in isolation so they can't get their stories straight. I want to hear what they all have to say when they can't hear what the other guy said.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

These Democrats just cannot hold a secret.

I kid you not, if Paris Hilton was to launch a campaign for president then she should would get my vote.

I would like to see Tinkerbell going through Langley security and having to wear a visitors pass

[edit on 9-7-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
ExPostFacto, you say Nancy Pelosi didn't lie? She's a politician, of course she lied. She's lied about everything else, why not this? Politicians will throw anything, even other parts of the government under the bus to save their careers.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Great thread yellowcard, S & F!

And I agree, a better question would be what HASN'T Pelosi lied about? She was briefed on the torture programs, and had no prob sweeping all that grotesquery right under the table. Hence one of the reasons we've seen her stonewall and vote against any investigations of illegality over the past few years is she usually directly tied to it. LOL

And the C.I.A. is one of the most corrupt, dirty orgs on the planet, responsible for more death, suffering, and instigations worldwide than perhaps any other shadow org...

Sickening, all of it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If the CIA lied to congress then they should have no problem bringing forward some proof.

I think they are trying to get out of a deep hole by digging deeper.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
What makes you guys think that the CIA hasn't mislead congress?

What if they have been lied to about the reasons for wars?

Why do you have so much trust in the CIA all of a sudden?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Lets see Congress lies to us the people.

The CIA lies to Congress...

I wonder who lies to the CIA...

If we can just backtrack where this stairway to heaven leads to we might get some honest answers on our end for a change!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
I don't think Pelosi necessarily lied. I do think like you stated though, they are all corrupt. Congress has the authority to pass laws...they could pass a law that regulates the CIA if they so chose it. They could open up a truth commission, or an investigation if they so chose. Congresses choice to date though seems to bend away from the people's wishes, which implicates them as well.

Remember the excuse for not having a truth commission, as it would distract from the economy fixes. Yeah right, all I've seen is Michael Jackson coverage, and North Korea coverage. I would much rather see us digging into our countries problems in a real way. I do think this time is approaching very quickly. A massive investigation needs to be done, and all suspects held in isolation so they can't get their stories straight. I want to hear what they all have to say when they can't hear what the other guy said.

Well, I was gonna post, but I guess I don't have to now. Well said!

By the way, Congress' choices will always 'sway' toward the money they get in campaign donations. And who gives the most?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Who's at the top of the list of lying liars?

Lol I know I just quoted Al Franken's book title. I know I'm kind of making that association with this... but yeah. It makes you wonder who's the biggest liar of them all.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Any student of history is aware the CIA has a long pattern of deception.

Duh.. it's their game. In their defense, they probably think the Congress can't be trusted with very sensitive topics.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
apparently it is against the law to lie to congress. i assume that means it is against the law for someone to lie to a congressman. is it also a crime for a congressman to lie to a citizen? this is a sincere question, not an attempt to be funny.

if it is not a crime for a congressman to lie to a citizen, then why isn't it? we say, despairingly, they lie to us constantly. during campaigns and after being elected. if it is a crime for anyone to lie to a congressman, then it must also be (made) a crime for a congressman to lie to a citizen.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
So you have an organization that deals in secrecy and deception, has a black budget, covert agents all over the place, a secret air force, and they are going to be forthright about their operations?

For those that think the CIA and all the other 3 letter spooks are completely above board......

I have a 72 Lincoln Continental that only has 30k miles for sale, never been wrecked....

[edit on 9-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Who's at the top of the list of lying liars?

Lol I know I just quoted Al Franken's book title. I know I'm kind of making that association with this... but yeah. It makes you wonder who's the biggest liar of them all.

One thing for sure, it be a heck of an embarassing to be tied for first place for that spot!

Well I guess there is always something to be said for being the best of something.

I new Gepetto should have never made that darn puppet, I told him!

[edit on 9/7/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
What makes you guys think that the CIA hasn't mislead congress?

What if they have been lied to about the reasons for wars?

Why do you have so much trust in the CIA all of a sudden?

They may have, but when the CIA has proof (memos) that Pelosi was briefed, versus just the word of a Politician...especially Nancy Pelosi. The CIA is corrupt, I made that clear in my first post, but frankly at this point I believe that their corruption doesn't lye a this level...I think they are telling the truth and Pelosi is trying to please her liberal constituents and colleagues. I mean every politician does an about face when they need votes.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
At what point would they even be trusted to tell the truth when they just come up with a newer lie? The Roswell crash as an example of government cover-ups. Once a liar..........etc.

It's not as if they'll say it was actually the aliens behind it all.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ok I'm going to let myself go here a little...

OMG!

That article was hilarious. Oh dear, the CIA have admitted they've lied but we're not allowed to know what about!

And the idea that the CIA are ever open and above board is right up there with the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.

And yet the article takes it all so terribly seriously. Fantastic.

To paraphrase Frank Zappa, journalism isn't dead but it does smell pretty bad.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by rich23]

top topics

join