It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alestor crowly

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Be nice if you quoted all of it, we're I'm actually pointing out the error as opposed to picking and choosing. Yes, it was a bit mean of me, however, it seems the op has made a thread simply for bashing the occult, if that's the case I consider the op fair game.

Sorry if I've offended you.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

It's okay, no harm done. Didn't had to quote the whole of what you said because it's been mentioned by others before.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
We Christians aren't like robots and think alike.

Nobody said you were a robot-

but we can safely say all christians think alike- you all believe in Jesus- that he is your saviour, that he came down to Earth to die for all our sins (future sins too!) you believe he is the son of God, the Messiah- and that he was resurrected- and that he will be coming back-

Some of you are extremists/ fundamentalists- but you all basically believe the same thing- so I'm not quite sure how you can say you don't think alike-

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
but we can safely say all christians think alike- you all believe in Jesus- that he is your saviour, that he came down to Earth to die for all our sins (future sins too!) you believe he is the son of God, the Messiah- and that he was resurrected- and that he will be coming back-

Some of you are extremists/ fundamentalists- but you all basically believe the same thing- so I'm not quite sure how you can say you don't think alike-

For starters, I don't believe that my future sins are forgiven. I think the Baptists do but I'm not a Baptist.

And there's more to Christianity than belief in the Godhead. I'm not even certain about the whole contents of the Bible. If you're so mad at Christians, why don't you tell here why. Like I said, I'm different from most Christians. Would you like to hear from a unique perspective for the first time?

[edit on 20-7-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You know, it would help if you read the whole of Crowley's quote:

Do what thou wilt
Is the whole of the Law.
Love is the Law, Love under Will.
Love and compassion must be the Foundation of Will.

Say whatever you like about him (he would love some of these scandalous rumours I'm sure)
but at least get your facts straight first.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

For starters, I don't believe that my future sins are forgiven. I think the Baptists do but I'm not a Baptist.

And there's more to Christianity than belief in the Godhead. I'm not even certain about the whole contents of the Bible. If you're so mad at Christians, why don't you tell here why. Like I said, I'm different from most Christians. Would you like to hear from a unique perspective for the first time?

[edit on 20-7-2009 by ahnggk]

huh

it's not just Baptists who think future sins are forgiven- that is what christians in general think- when Jesus died on the cross he died for future sins too-

Unique perspective- you're different than most other christians- sure I'll bite go right ahead

oh and when someone questions christianity it doesn't mean they're mad at christians- you guys are nauseatingly smug usually but that goes hand in hand with religion in general as you think you've discovered a secret that only a select few have worked out- that does get a bit tiresome but not worth getting mad about

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
oh and when someone questions christianity it doesn't mean they're mad at christians- you guys are nauseatingly smug usually but that goes hand in hand with religion in general as you think you've discovered a secret that only a select few have worked out- that does get a bit tiresome but not worth getting mad about

There is a differnece between questioning, and unsincere attacks.

And most christiansd I know are not smug, they practice humiltiy. That secret we find out is nothing, that's a miscoception about us, we discover God plain and simple and believe not to build up but to bring us to humility not smugness as God didn't preach that.

peace.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
hahah. Thanks for the smart comment. Stop with the sarcasm.

So, you can laugh at someone

LMAO son this was the funniest joke I seen all morning.

Oh Damn! I got owned! I finnaly got that post, I made that comment on another thread.

This is the truth. Sorry guys. It was in different context, as I wasn't trying to mock a belief in something I can't prove false.

where the guy I responded to said.

" Are christians ruining bts "

and I said

" funniest thing I read all day "

But anyways I'll admit, I was wrong about that one.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Do what thou wilt
Is the whole of the Law.
Love is the Law, Love under Will.
Love and compassion must be the Foundation of Will.

I know that, I admitted on the first page that I didn't know that much about him, but the point of the OP was to point out a link and see what you guys thought, thought MJ and bush was interesting.

but about the qoute, it still has flaws. Because doing what thou wilt has restrictions. If you live by love then restriction will happen because some things hurt others.

It's basically the same thing as God giving rules for a perfect world.

And God did say love is the law, except do not sin. Not do what thou wilt because sin removes God from the soul and you create a souless ruthless society that runs on lust like that according to God.

thanks for the input.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
But in all fairness.

I wouldn't expect anything less from a Christian "

Lifecitizen are you saying all christians are hypocrites?

the argument can go either ways, see I could say.

I wouldn't expect anything less from a non believer.

But I won't because many athiest don't generalize like that.

peace.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

If you aren't really mad, then I'm sorry. Words can get awfully different written than spoken.

Anyway, what I've quoted above. I'm still not that kind of Christians you're describing about. I totally understand your feelings in that case, seriously! Because I see the Bible in a different light.... My Christian Parents think it's a sign of immaturity and me being NOT a Christian yet..

Anyway, that's just life you know. Sometimes people do care about you but they do it in the *wrong* way. The subject of *wrong* is debatable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join