It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alestor crowly

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If there's few things I appreciate about Aleister - he's quite open-minded and quite a risk-taker for exploring new stuff.

He's also on the search for truth. Which I both like and dislike about him - searching for truth is a noble endeavor in life but it comes with great responsibility. The part that he seemed to ignore - responsibility - ahh rich kids...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

That link is the same utter trash that has been said about Crowley for years. He was no idiot, very intelligent man, so it is understandable when such a closed minded person such as yourself cannot understand him. Especially past all of the evil labels. I have no idea why you compare him to Hitler, the two aren't even similar, being that Crowley never killed anyone and how many did Hitler kill. Also, there have been countless leaders throughout history that make Hitler look like he was a sophisticated gentlemen. He was given the devil worshiper, anti-christ, the beast, etc etc because he lived during a time where his activities were just not really commonly publicized like it is today.

Also, most occultists typically don't let the world know of their practices and ways, but he did rather loudly. He just thought it was amusing and just went with it. Sold more books that way. He may have experimented with drugs, so what, many people do. It's unfortunate, but no reason to hate on someone. And yes he was a pervert, but everyone is perverted in some way.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

How can evil cease to exist while people are fearing god? Talk about a contradiction. Anyway, the do what you want as long as you harm no one is the main rule for pagans/wiccans, etc. There is nothing wrong with this, it works for me. If this is wrong in your mind, then do you not trust yourself that much to do as you please without hurting someone? Pretty sad that you don't have that trust in yourself without a book where much of it encourages a lot of the horrible things that you would accuse Crowley did and compare to what Hitler did. Interesting.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Lumina

I have no idea why you compare him to Hitler, the two aren't even similar, being that Crowley never killed anyone and how many did Hitler kill.

When he changed his name to become German-sounding during the time the Nazis were around. People thought he was sympathizing with them.

It's quite similar to many young people today, crazy for attention, wearing trench coats and learning German language.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
God reads hearts. wait till the end and he will show you what's in every human heart at the judgement seat.

funniest post I've read all day

thanks for the chuckle.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
" thanks for the chuckle. "

hahah. Thanks for the smart comment. Stop with the sarcasm.

He reads hearts, which means he knows what's in our hearts. How do you know he doesn't?

every soul on Earth will be judged, every heart will be revealed to the world. That's why it's the day of justice.

He will show everybody every thing, every bodies life in reveiw.

and so I'm done talking about it, time will do my talking.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
How can evil cease to exist while people are fearing god? Talk about a contradiction. Anyway, the do what you want as long as you harm no one is the main rule for pagans/wiccans, etc. There is nothing wrong with this, it works for me. If this is wrong in your mind, then do you not trust yourself that much to do as you please without hurting someone? Pretty sad that you don't have that trust in yourself without a book where much of it encourages a lot of the horrible things that you would accuse Crowley did and compare to what Hitler did. Interesting.

Fear of God is a holy virtue. it's like a sign of respect. good lord how can i explain this. When I feared my dad when I was a kid it didn't impeed on my love for him, he was strict and it payed off on me too.

Nowas for crowley. Crowley had no love. He enjoyed killing animals and watching others suffer. Nowhere in the bible does it say to enjoy evil. The wars happened because other tribes attacked the isrealites and baited them.

and God cannot blatantly contradict himself.

He said in the NT

" love your enemies "

" love is the fullfillment of the law "

hypocrites destroy these teachings and God gets the blame, but again, I believe that's a cop out so rebellious people can have an excuse to rebel even more and live in lust.

but anyways, God teaches pure love in the NT with those two commands.

and so, it was in him in the OT. just because he took souls out doesn't mean he hates them/

His love, I have felt it in my soul from communion, is so deep I can't put it into words in here.

Now I feal dead hearted, but a while ago, I have felt what he feals.

and so God cannot stupidly contradict himself.

Those events that happened in the OT will be explained by God himself at the end, mark those words because the end is very close, and nukes might happen within a decade.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
He may have experimented with drugs, so what, many people do. It's unfortunate, but no reason to hate on someone. And yes he was a pervert, but everyone is perverted in some way.

I don't hate him. Did you read my post? I said if he was dying on the street I would help him.

and he was considered the most evil man alive for a reason back then.

Not everybody is perverted.

thanks for the reply.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
hahah. Thanks for the smart comment. Stop with the sarcasm.

So, you can laugh at someone

LMAO son this was the funniest joke I seen all morning.

but I can't?

-lovin' those double standards JesusIT- keeping in line with your Christianity

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It was a sarcastic luagh, not laughing at you. sortof like hahah very funny (haha)

you were laughing at my statement because it's insane IYO which is just that.

nice try.

But anyways for the record.

I LOVE alwestor crowley as a soul and if he was throwing eggs at my head I would still give him water if he was thristy.

truly.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It was a sarcastic luagh,

No joke- just what you accused me of- tis why I pointed out the double standard

but to be honest- I wouldn't expect anything less from a Christian

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
you were laughing ayou were laughing at my statement because it's insaneIYO which is just that. t my statement because it's insane IYO which is just that.

Wrong- try moronic

link   
No I wasn't laughing at you.

and if I'm being hypocritical I will pay no doubt, but I wasn't being.

" wouldn't expect "

you don't know me personally. So don't say that. You wanna come over my house for some tea and see the realme?

link   
" no moronic "

ofcourse because you don't believe in anything.

Bias.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
So don't say that

It's a public forum JesusIT- you don't get to tell me what I can or can't say-

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
ofcourse because you don't believe in anything.

LOL

now you're telling me what I believe in

what a control freak- first you tell me what I can and cant say, then tell me what I believe in

Classic!- classy

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Ok you can say it all you want.

go head.

But don't judge me without knowing my intention.

now can we get back to the OP/

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
no no.

You are classic! ly trying to use anything against me because you're in classic advocate mode.

Listen you said reading hearts is mornic which implies to me you don't believe in a god or an inferior God.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So you sat "Stop with the sarcasm" in one post and then state you're being sarcastic in a following one, nice! Exactly what I'd expect from a christian (small c).

The Crowley view is somewhat misguided, but you're welcome to your opinion.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokei

Exactly what I'd expect from a christian (small c).

The Crowley view is somewhat misguided, but you're welcome to your opinion.

Or rather humans. I'm a Christian too you know. We Christians aren't like robots and think alike.

I treated the OP with such unbias(see my other posts in this thread), you don't believe a Christian can do that???

Generalization fails so bad

We shouldn't be fighting though.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by ahnggk]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join