It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Msnbc slams Ron Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Ron Paul's legislative history is a lesson in principled failure. Among the bills he has co-sponsored: ending U.S. cooperation with the United Nations, a repeal of antitrust law "to restore the inherent benefits of the market economy," and stripping the government of the right to set a minimum wage. Just last week, he again introduced a bill "to repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990," which would presumably make schools less safe but which would reinforce our right to bear arms. For Paul, ideology almost always trumps politics. None of these bills, I should note, have picked up much support.

Paul's little bill has become emblematic of a larger movement

and more www.msnbc.msn.com...

I found this article to be quite petty and scathing. Very odd. The writer certainly has a bone to pick.

edit to add:

That the Fed can manipulate the currency and "create legal tender out of thin air" is heresy.

.... LOL!!

[edit on 9-7-2009 by T0by]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
In a backhanded way, the article is somewhat complimentary.

But something has to give. Paul's Gang of 244 is fed up. They're ready to kill something. It will probably be Obama's regulatory plan. Then again, with Paul leading the charge you never know. It may be something central, something federal, something reserved. Never underestimate Ron Paul. Even if there's no reason not to.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Despite being fairly biased against Dr. Paul - with language like 'heresy", and 'crusade', making him out to be a radical zealot - the article at least captured the essence of the matter - the dispute between Congress and the Fed.

Even in the event of the bill passage - it seems the senate is opposed, I am unsure of the process - if passed in congress, can this bill be blocked by the senate?

join