It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very cool shuttle launch and booster reentry captured on video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I just found this really cool video of a space shuttle launch with a camera attached to its solid rocket boosters, including the return into earth, and thought I would share it with our space exploration enthusiasts ....

Onboard cameras capture the amazing journey of Atlantis into space, and the dramatic return of the solid rocket boosters.

Enjoy:

High Quality version available on youtube.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This is amazing. I have never seen this before, thanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
That was incredible!

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Thanks guys, here's another one for ya:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
WOW WOW WOW!!! I am speechless in the presentation in these videos! Not only was it breathtaking! but very beutiful up thier! man flag this post!!
I am little lost on somethign thhough...when re entry takes place...isnt thier suposed to be alot of friction, glwoing red stuff going on??? It was thier in the videos witht he booster re entering.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Awesome! thanks a lot
never seen it before, or any other like this one

Gotta see the second one.

Thanks again!

Kai

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
WOW WOW WOW!!! I am speechless in the presentation in these videos! Not only was it breathtaking! but very beutiful up thier! man flag this post!!
I am little lost on somethign thhough...when re entry takes place...isnt thier suposed to be alot of friction, glwoing red stuff going on??? It was thier in the videos witht he booster re entering.

I think that's because the boosters are released early when the shuttle is not yet completely out of the earths atmosphere, also, it depends on the speed the objects enter the atmosphere, or they would just simply float away if they were released to late, or something like that

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I tell you guys what I like about these videos ...

The contrast between the violence of the launch phase, the chaotic free-fall, ended and contrasted by the calm and serenity of floating on water.

Some would argue that there are some life metaphors somewhere in there.

top topics

join