It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we lunatics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Are we lunatics?

blogs.discovermagazine.com

This week’s episode of the SETI radio show "Are We Alone" is up, featuring Seth Shostak and me slapping Moon Hoax believers around a bit. It also has fun bits about Full Moon Madness and other lunar, uh, lunacies. Here’s the direct link to the MP3, and if I haven’t screwed it up here is where you can subscribe to it via iTunes.

I love doing these with Seth. We always have fun. Someday we’ll have to post out outtakes…
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Does anyone on here still believe in the Moon hoax rubbish?

I was gonna' call it a theory, but usually a theory has to have a starting basis and make sense, and not be some random guess based on absolutely nothing!

The radio show is a good listen if you still believe in the Moon landing hoax, or even just to have a good laugh at the lack of critical thinking of the few.

Anyway the photo is evidence of aliens on the Moon!
Or maybe not!

YES!! We went to the Moon -> www.badastronomy.com...

www.braeunig.us...

And this is also true -> www.badastronomy.com...

blogs.discovermagazine.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-7-2009 by john124]

[edit on 9-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
personally, i believe the moon hoax. For my own reason many of which are personal. I believe we went there however, we are just not shown.

If you look at this from another point of view. How would you discredit something? well you would have people making fun of it and such. If it had no merit why dedicate an entire page on a website to it. Sadly they don't show evidence to support the moon landing cover ups, since that would be counterproductive of them.

If they where fully transparent about things with the public there would be no conspiracies, no lies, there would only be truth. Thats not the world we live in. National Security and "Top Secret" files get in the way, they spawn the theories.

The moon hoax is a theory, there is a good amount of evidence supporting a cover up and lies.

the provided link is comedy, its very amusing. However it lends nothing to the moon hoax, and at the same time takes nothing away.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
personally, i believe the moon hoax. For my own reason many of which are personal. I believe we went there however, we are just not shown.

If you look at this from another point of view. How would you discredit something? well you would have people making fun of it and such. If it had no merit why dedicate an entire page on a website to it. Sadly they don't show evidence to support the moon landing cover ups, since that would be counterproductive of them.

If they where fully transparent about things with the public there would be no conspiracies, no lies, there would only be truth. Thats not the world we live in. National Security and "Top Secret" files get in the way, they spawn the theories.

The moon hoax is a theory, there is a good amount of evidence supporting a cover up and lies.

the provided link is comedy, its very amusing. However it lends nothing to the moon hoax, and at the same time takes nothing away.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by phi1618]

The radio show has Phil Plait giving some counterarguments that easily rebuff these so-called hoax theories.

This website easily rebuffs the rest - www.badastronomy.com...

There's many others you can find by a quick google, and in magazines this Month celebrating the Apollo 11 Moon landing.

And I'm sorry it's a case of bad science or just made up stuff that moon hoax theories are made of. And so they are bad theories if we can even call them theories. It's a bit like someone claiming the moon is made of cheese and saying that is a theory because they believe it to be so, even though all evidence disagrees.

Just a few questions that make you reconsider all of this:

Can you explain why we can reflect a laser signal off the Moon from a mirror in the exact same location where the Apollo 11 mission was supposed to place it?

And since radio observers on Earth during Apollo 11 routinely triangulated and timed the signals from the Moon, surely Russia would have alerted the world if the radio data seemed odd?

This moon hoax theories as you call them are the worse theories ever. Not one assertion that they make is correct.

As Plait puts it, even if moon hoax believers were took to the moon to see the remains left behind they would probably claim they had been drugged by Nasa.

The very few will believe so strongly that no evidence will convince them, but the majority of the moon hoax believers are just swayed by the bad science and catchy remarks of "ooh we can't trust Nasa".

Anyway there's nothing to be ashamed of if you've been duped by it. There were many programmes on the moon-hoax believers which were so full of bull# that was presented in a way to make the audience believe with little thought.

When you do put that bit of thought into it, you should realise. Can you say you've put some thought into it and read what sceptics like Phil Plait have to say? Because it does make a lot of sense after some thought. And you realise what you originally determined to be theories, were in actual fact wild guesses.... maybe aliens are on the far side of the moon
but it's just speculation, and you can't let that sway what the evidence is saying that we went to the Moon.

People do make guesses often and proclaim them opinions... but I ask them have you thought about that in any great detail?... and they say no.... so of course it's an uneducated opinion without substance or just a guess & speculation! When people actually think about things they start to use critical thinking and so follow the evidence.

I don't think NASA going to the Moon discounts alien moon bases, or means that NASA had to fake the live TV pictures. But after hearing the astranauts talk on programmes dedicated to Apollo recently, I've come to the conclusion that they don't appear to be hiding anything, as they appear open and rumours of Neil Armstrong going quiet because of something he saw after he got back are just rumours made by those moon-hoax believers who would never be convinced we went to the Moon.

Armstrong was always introverted, he chose to teach rather than make money from his fame. He wanted the thousands of other people involved in the Apollo programme to take as much credit as him for getting him there, and was extremely modest. He was that way before, and after the Moon landing.

The opposite to Buzz Aldrin, who now makes money out of rap songs now.

edit: I've also put some other sources at the top.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
quote from wikipedia:

Conspiracy practicality

According to Dr. James Longuski, Professor of Aeronautics and Astronautics Engineering at Purdue University, the size and complexity of the alleged conspiracy theory scenarios make their veracity an impossibility.[19] More than 400,000 people worked on the Moon landing project for nearly ten years, and a dozen men who walked on the Moon returned to Earth to recount their experiences.[19] Hundreds of thousands of people (astronauts, scientists, engineers, technicians, and skilled laborers) would have had to keep the secret.[19] Longuski also contends that it would have been significantly easier to actually land on the Moon than to generate such a massive conspiracy to fake such a landing.[19]

en.wikipedia.org...

Even your own moon hoax theory pages on wikipedia disagree with the moon hoax theory people.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
People looking for answers when it comes to the UFO phenomenon? No, not lunatics.

People who think they understand the UFO phenomenon without any real proof? Lunatics.

People who actually trust their "insider sources"? Lunatics.

People who think we didn't land on the moon? Come on... lunatics.

People who think we won the space race? Considering Semyorka, Sputnik, Laika, Luna 1, Luna 2, Luna 3, Belka & Strelka, Marsnik 1, Venera 1, Gagarin, Tereshkova, Leonov, Venera 3, Luna 9, Cosmos 186 & 188, Luna 16, Lunokhod 1, Venera 7, Salyut 1, Savitskaya, Titov and Manarov... I believe the term is "f'ing rampant lunatics".

top topics

join