It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber attacks may not have come from North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Cyber attacks may not have come from North Korea

www.reuters.com

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Cybersecurity analysts raised doubts on Wednesday that the North Korean state launched recent attacks on U.S. government and South Korean websites, saying industrial spies or pranksters could be the villains.

More than two dozen websites in the United States and South Korea, including that of the U.S. State Department, were attacked in recent days.

South Korea's spy agency has said North Korea may be behind the attacks, while the U.S. government has said it is too soon to make such claims -- and Internet security experts agree.

The implications of a state-sp
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I did post this but got deleted because I didn't type enough opinions here

Anyway I'll just briefly say that this agrees with some assertions I've read on here that N.Korea may be conveniently blamed by some (maybe S.Korea) for something planned somewhere else other than in N.Korea. Anyway I'm sure everyone has their own opinion on what that is, and anybody could be right.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Can you say cyber false flag?

If N. Korea (government) really attached US government websites, that could be construed an act of war. Especially if the attack did real damage to the US cyber infrastructure.

May be someone is really trying to get the US to take action against Lil Kim and the N. Koreans.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
My FIRST thought was if it was indeed a cyber war - and I have reason to believe if govt sites were down it might have been US war games - but if it were a foreign attacker, seemed to me the most likely would have been Iran in retaliation for the US getting all involved in their election stuff.

I mean, that election stuff happened and before anyone could blink an EYE anonymous servers were running with long detailed directions on how to circumvent firewalls on many various social networks....come on...man hardly ANYTHING got out of GAZA.

Iran could NOT tighten down their networks worth a crap - if they tried like they SAID they did - but I was looking at all that and I thought...come ON, this is being manipulated, there's some guiding intelligence here directing the stream...

JMO, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Oh, the other thing...it came at a time when a LOT of high level security gurus were traveling back from Gartner. I noticed that. That's east coast, I believe. That would probably have drawn a lot of the DC group in - seems like they always want you to go to conferences close by to save on travel costs.
Maybe it was an attack; it was a good time for one.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
is it skynet!!!!!!!!!????

new topics

top topics

join