It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Space Observations: Early Forms of Inorganic Extraterrestrial Life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DezertSkies

What forces twist DNA and plasma crystal into double helixes? Why do cells and plasma divide in a similar manner?

This is my guess but it could be ganesh particles that manipulate DNA. I have seen the video series of Dan Burisch and i think a few things he says make sense, especilly his presentation to Caltech where he shows how Ganesh particles, which are bundles of electromagnetic energy come out of wormholes and manipulate organic and non-organic matter, and give them DNA properties

[edit on 9-7-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Dan Burisch is a liar.

He has been debunked and so has "Henry Deacon" ...

-Our very own zorgon debunked Deacon. Georgre Knapp debunked Burisch.

And zorgon and Knapp aren't even debunkers.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
carbon? LOL

anyone notice that we have an overabundant supply of other gasses?
and tempratures can range on planets.

liquid methane could even host life for all we know.

what determines life?

we still dont know... we have been looking for carbon and water lifeforms.

I think we need to look more at Jupiter and saturns moons.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaVey666

what determines life?

Exactly.

Humans are a combination of liquids and solids that believe they are alive.

Just look at the quote by David Bohm on the last page and you can see that the life is not exclusively organic.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DezertSkies
Maybe amoeba look like they do because they're following the plasma model. Maybe carbon based life's rules follow plasma's rules for the same reasons. Wouldn't simple carbon based life forms be subject to the same forces that plasma would? I'm not saying their reactions to those forces would be identical, but similar patterns should emerge somewhere. What forces twist DNA and plasma crystal into double helixes? Why do cells and plasma divide in a similar manner?

I just don't think that the two are that unrelated, something makes matter of different states behave in similar ways and that would really be the discovery should we find it does work that way.

Unfortunately I see a lot of pseudoscience springing up because one thing looks like something else...examples:
-A drop of water shaped like a sphere, the sun shaped like a sphere. No relation at all, one caused by surface tension, the other by gravity.
-Hurricane vs stars swarming around a black hole- pseudoscience claims the pattern of motion looks similar so there's no need for a black hole to be whipping those stars around in fast little circles, they're just moving like a hurricane motion where there's nothing in the eye, or some other not logical explanation, based on what it "looks like". One is an atmospheric effect and the other is a gravitational effect.

I think it's good to question accepted scientific beliefs, but we should educate ourselves about science enough to understand the principles involved, and that just because something "looks like" something else, doesn't mean to imply that it's even remotely related. I think most of us on this board who aren't professional scientists, including myself, have some work to do in that area.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny

This is the link to the e-book
media.abovetopsecret.com...
[edit on 9-7-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

In reference to my last post about educating ourselves on some of the scientific aspects of this question, it looks like the link you provided is an excellent source of such educational information!

Thanks for the link and I'm looking forward to reading it and learning something from it!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
One of the best presentations on possibilities for the layman that i've ever seen is this famous one from Carl Sagan, about the possibility of life on Jupiter, and what forms it may take...

My thought is that the universe is teeming with life, and that life takes as many forms as there are particles in the universe. Personal outlook only, I suppose, but... there's a lot of evidence for lifeforms on just our planet alone taking forms and stages that are as varied, and completely shocking to biologists, as can be imagined.

What makes our little place so special, hmm?
To me, it's not, and we'll find all kinds of things once we REALLY start looking.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
They'll probably use this to make really awesome televisions!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the Carl Sagan clip, excellent out of the box thinking!

Originally posted by Jomina
My thought is that the universe is teeming with life, and that life takes as many forms as there are particles in the universe.

I thought so at one point too, but if it was teeming with intelligent life, there's reason to believe Seti researchers might have found something by now. However looking at our own planet, we have been transmitting radio waves for only 100 years of the 3.5 billion that life has existed here, so on a time scale, intelligent life has been rare here, it may be rare elsewhere also? Anyway I still think life elsewhere in some form probably exists.

Personal outlook only, I suppose, but... there's a lot of evidence for lifeforms on just our planet alone taking forms and stages that are as varied, and completely shocking to biologists, as can be imagined.

That's an excellent point and even Seti researchers find those "extremophiles" fascinating glimpses into how what we thought was impossible, might be possible.

What makes our little place so special, hmm?
To me, it's not, and we'll find all kinds of things once we REALLY start looking.

The only problem I see with finding other life forms that aren't carbon based, is, how will we know what to look for? Obviously if we found kilometer wide behemoths floating around like in Sagan's video it might be obvious, but then again it might be subtle and hard to detect. I thought some of the difficulties were portrayed rather well in this "Star Trek TNG" episode: Star Trek TNG Ep 17-Home Soil

Despite some insistence from the ship's computer that, lacking organic structure, the crystal simply can't be life (why exactly aren't Starfleet medical programs informed of the silicon-based Horta encountered by the old Enterprise crew?), alive is exactly the right word. Alive, growing, and angry at the attempted extermination of its species by the terraformers.

So if non-carbon based life is out there, detecting it could be a little tricky, or a LOT tricky!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Actually nothing was discovered in space. If you read the article, it clearly states that this was all done in a laboratory with a computer simulation.

The experiments took place under simulated plasma conditions, representative of space and also the primordial Earth. These inorganic structures the team suggests may have even led to the organic molecules of life that we're familiar with, and made from.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaVey666

what determines life?

Life is probably those little electrical impulses flying around our brains at the speed of light. The body is just a place for life to reside. I believe as Zorgon and many others do that there is most probably plasma or photonic lifeforms out in space.

As a side note, Muslims call them Jinn.

IRM

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It makes me wonder if somewhere way out there, there are a bunch of silicon based creatures looking at us through a telescope and saying, hey man, look at that carbon!
It almost acts like it's alive!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Great video, Jomina. Thanks for sharing that. Everyone else, great thoughts and insight, you've given me a lot to consider. I believe that we will find life in one form or another at some point, but we may have to reconsider our definition thereof. It can't be proven that there aren't organisms based on something besides carbon, but of course that doesn't mean that there are. Thank you all for the replies, stars and flags and above all, the great information.

TA

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

KEWLLLLL CRITTERS Just like in that new UFO film from Mexico...

Floating spheres...

I could almost forgive Carl for wanting to nuke the moon

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Attention ugly giant bags of mostly water!

(Not a personal attack, that includes me too LOL)

I thought this thread might be an appropriate place to for the first contact clip with the non-carbon based life form in Star Trek TNG.

Sorry, embedding doesn't work for me, I keep getting "The URL contained a malformed video ID." when I check the embed link. This should work though:

Ugly Giant Bags of Mostly Water

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by TheAssociate

Actually nothing was discovered in space. If you read the article, it clearly states that this was all done in a laboratory with a computer simulation.

The experiments took place under simulated plasma conditions, representative of space and also the primordial Earth. These inorganic structures the team suggests may have even led to the organic molecules of life that we're familiar with, and made from.

Yes, I posted about that too in the 3rd post after the OP but seems like some people missed that.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

There ya go, Arbitrageur

Thanks for the replies, input, stars and flags everyone

TA

[edit on 9-7-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
reply to post by zorgon

No problem, thanks for the reply. This is some truly mind-blowing territory they're getting into. I wonder how the self-replicating crystals could be used.

TA

They're wondering the same thing, wondering about how self-replicating carbon chains can be used...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join