It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube censoring comments for profanity.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Many times I've seen some nasty comments posted and when I posted mine, which shouldn't have been an issue, they were deleted as if some moderator was stalking me there. Youtube is insane anyway.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I can think of other places to visit to have a halfway intelligent conversation. You have to admit, censorship issue aside, that comments on youtube had turned into a cesspool. I was incredibly surprised one day when I visited a link from HERE to youtube, watched the video and there was NO profanity in the comment section. (its the ONLY one I've ever seen that) I usually curse like a sailor, so I'm personally kinda glad that we have to mind our manners up here.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well I just typed all kinds of curse words and it did nothing. So I dont know what you are saying but it let me say what I wanted...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The only comments that I have ever removed from any forum which I administer are outright spam posts, and one post that was nothing but 5 pages of the "n-word" racial slur in capital letters. Unfortunately I went with Joomla for the site instead of Slashcode so modding a post down isn't really an option.

Some posts are derogatory or offensive and are left in recognition that everyone does not have "useful" or "insightful" input, but they still have things to say.

Forum moderators on various boards who contrive excuses to remove posts are, IMO, weak-minded individuals. They are the "hordes" of idiocy "galloping" along on an ego-driven high horse, and are patently worthless.

One man's opinion.

CX

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Good.

Foul language is pretty much a sign of a very limited vocabulary.

I'm not saying i don't swear now and again, but i know where not to do it.

Look at most of the comments on YouTube these days and you'll see examples of why some people need their fingers chopping off so they can't ever use a keyboard again.

CX.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I just wanted to translate for you. I think the language you were using was in FCC but I cannot be absolutely sure so I will do my best to translate for the rest of the people on this site who does not understand. Let me know if it was accurate.

"Foul language is pretty much a sign of a very limited vocabulary."

When I used the new Google translater it translates into

"Censorship is pretty much a sign of very limited Freedoms."

Was that a correct translation?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiote
The only comments that I have ever removed from any forum which I administer are outright spam posts, and one post that was nothing but 5 pages of the "n-word" racial slur in capital letters. Unfortunately I went with Joomla for the site instead of Slashcode so modding a post down isn't really an option.

Some posts are derogatory or offensive and are left in recognition that everyone does not have "useful" or "insightful" input, but they still have things to say.

Forum moderators on various boards who contrive excuses to remove posts are, IMO, weak-minded individuals. They are the "hordes" of idiocy "galloping" along on an ego-driven high horse, and are patently worthless.

One man's opinion.

This is why I mentioned before about the posts I see the words in are usually not very intelligent and so forth. It's not so much because of the individual words, but rather the mindset being used when the person resorts to using those words.

Now, we could get into the psychological reasons why people have "dirty" words and such, and how it's pretty silly that we even have such words to begin with. But it's not the "words" themselves that we moderate, but the context in which they are used is usually that of someone wanting to be as negative and nasty as possible. It is that which is not wanted.

And I think that is exactly the reason we in society create dirty words to being with. As way of doing exactly the reason we moderate them in the first place. So, as the words are used to do that, they get censored.

We don't bother to change a word, we will just delete it completely. It's kind of dumb to just replace words IMO, since it's not the actual word itself that is important. But it keeps the soccer moms and blue haired ladies they turn into happy.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Actually, foul language extends your vocabulary by about 10 words more than those who do not use them.

And if you learn it in other languages, well you can extend your vocabulary by several hundred.

Think about it. Taking words away makes less words. Thats a limited vocabulary.

CX

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by CX

Actually, foul language extends your vocabulary by about 10 words more than those who do not use them.

And if you learn it in other languages, well you can extend your vocabulary by several hundred.

Think about it. Taking words away makes less words. Thats a limited vocabulary.

Lol you know what i mean.

CX.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join