It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Board Topic, and maybe a voice chatroom?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
As I have been going through the ATS forums, I have been seeing most Telekinesis/Telepathy threads in the Metaphysics section.

Can there be a Board Topic based on Psychokinesis (another name for Telekinesis) and Telepathy specific, so members can look into such easier?

Also, I have seen alot of ATSers that make a great conversation. Why should we still be stuck typing? I am sure we want to hear all the voices of ATS, so lets hear them... literally!

Besides, Wouldn't adding voice chatting give your fingers a nice break?

It could be a ventrilo server, or maybe a service.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I would like to see a seperation of church and state, wait a tick, oh I mean a seperation of psychology and metaphysics, they don't fit well together at all.

One is the study of the mind, the other is the paranormal study of the mind, at firs tglance yeah maybe, but for those in it it's two different things.

Maybe some ats'ers have speech impetiments, or lisps, maybe their shy. It would give my fingers a break, but that's alot to ask for from SO

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Voice Chat! ?

LOL, I used to love playing MMORPG's until voice chat became the "norm".

Who wants to hear snotty nosed 16 year old "know it alls" screaming, throwing tantrums and playing obnoxious music over a voice chat? And just think what happens when a real life "girl" joined the voice chat..... LOL

Sorry, saw the post and was compelled to respond.

And as for separation of "church & state" I have a better one..... The "Separation of Big Business & Government". Now that is a dream!

[edit on 8-7-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
well the problem with the voice chat is
1) i would think its hard to regulate in case of trolls and whatnot coming in annd saying a bunch of curse words/racial slurs then leaving.
2) no one could go back later and see all of the arguments later
3) the language barrier or at least the accent barrier.
4)not everyone having mics or good enough internet to use it
5) saying things wrong. i prefer typing because i tend to mess up what i mean when i talk so it sounds like im saying something im not. typing allows one to edit to what they say and not accidentally say things they dont mean.
6) some people might not be able to get the chance to talk. if theres 12 users all trying to talk at once, not everyone will be heard. likewise if theres only one user on.

you get the idea. i like the voice chat, that would be neat. maybe ATS can set up special live discussions like that from time to time. it being a permanent addition seems to be fraught with too many problems to me. maybe the site could host audio recording so each member could record what they plan to say, but still thats got drawbacks too, namely long rants.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Playing Xbox live I would have to veto any voice chat.

It wouldn't take long for the ingorance to really shine through. Its already a 24/7 job for the mods to delete posts that violate T&C. Imagine the hell they would go through trying to police live chat.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think the voice chat would be a bad BAD idea, my opinion only.

Just because that would just make the trolls and 14 year old boys wet their pants at the chance to get their "lulz" with the "conspiracy nuts" and just come in with a bunch of their typical nonsense.

Also just go onto youtube and type in ventrilo you'll see what I mean.
It can be funny don't get me wrong, but really not in this "forum" so to speak.

As for the new topic section it doesn't sound like a bad idea really and makes sense.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

Well, I was thinking voice chat would be something rewarded from, like 500 posts, or being a certain contributor, so the trolls and babys won't go through.
Also I am a 14 year old boy >.>.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yeah voice chat not cool...i have a coarse accent and i mutter all sorts of obscenities when im thinking about something...not a good mix.I partially agree about the board idea though.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Please use the What I'd like to see in the future thread.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join