It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's plan to ban Uluru climb sparks debate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It's not my business or part of the world but if they really don't want you to climb it so bad... why bother them with it?

Besides,

Maybe they know it's going to hatch one day and release a giant Monster or something...

Sorry had to...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It was a very emotional day, for the first time in a long time i had some pride in being Australian that we could have grown to recognize our shame. Having a tear when politicians speak is a rare occasion too, but it happened!

Yes, it was emotional day- I shed a few tears too- as for lil Johnny well enuff said!

You should try and watch question time in the house when it's on, I have tears of laughter watching those guys! best comedy on tv that is- lol (well besides the Chaser boys, haha)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
and this will be great chance to put Peter Garrett back in my good books
not that he cares about that, but it was midnight oil that opened my eyes to our other world here...
what a statement at the 2000 Olympics...

...Time for another one Pete!

[edit on 9-7-2009 by 2theC]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
in reality, most over seas visitors won't climb the rock when told of its spiritual and traditional beliefs of the indiginous peoples.

Those from Australia however show little reguard for cultural beliefs and believe it is their right to climb it.

Not all of us would climb the rock and will show respect for the beliefs of our native people.

If you are born in Australia are you not indigenous? If I want to climb the rock and I am born to the land then I shall climb the rock!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968

Originally posted by munkey66
in reality, most over seas visitors won't climb the rock when told of its spiritual and traditional beliefs of the indiginous peoples.

Those from Australia however show little reguard for cultural beliefs and believe it is their right to climb it.

Not all of us would climb the rock and will show respect for the beliefs of our native people.

If you are born in Australia are you not indigenous? If I want to climb the rock and I am born to the land then I shall climb the rock!

ok if you are born in Australia
and if your argument is correct, and you are indigenous
then you respect your indigenous elders
and the indigenous elders ask you not to climb on it

so you either don't listen
or you are disrespectful
or what else...
you maybe don't give a damn and think that you are better than your indigenous forefathers,
or you aren't indigenous

or you are something else??

that doesn't really make sense but i am glad you said it

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I just wish I could dance as good as Pete

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968

No.

Native, yes. Indigenous, no.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
from 'the australian' Newspaper website today...

Paul Toohey | July 10, 2009 Article from: The Australian
PETER Garrett has been left looking like a shag on a lonely rock after Kevin Rudd undermined him by saying tourists should continue to be allowed to climb Uluru.

A 10-year draft management plan for the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, released on Tuesday, announced that Parks Australia in conjunction with traditional owners would move towards permanently shutting the 348m climb.

The plan also said seasonal closures of the climb would commence immediately.

The Prime Minister, speaking from Italy this morning, said: “Obviously it's a question of public safety and managing important parts of our natural landscape. “(But) I think it would be very sad if we got to a stage though where Australians and frankly our guests from abroad weren't able to enjoy that experience ... to climb it.”

source

sigh...

c'mon Pete, show some balls!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join